College Football 2020

Kevin W.

31 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because Ohio State, you know, beat them. Like, in a game. On the field.

Is this a serious question?

I meant it in the context of, Indiana played the number of games initially necessary for the Conference Championship yet the rules got bent for (and only for) Ohio State. For what? Conference integrity?

53 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

UNC vs TAMU looks really good. I rarely say this, but I think more colored accessories would’ve really made it pop. Some blue socks/maroon socks would’ve added a lot to an already great looking matchup

Love UNC Throwback look. A&M needs stripes on their pants (or socks.) 

• Like 3

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

UNC vs TAMU looks really good. I rarely say this, but I think more colored accessories would’ve really made it pop. Some blue socks/maroon socks would’ve added a lot to an already great looking matchup

Number 56 on UNC's defense is wearing half navy/half Carolina blue socks and it looks really good, but he's the only one I've seen wearing them.

The orange bowl is a good looking game. However, I'd like it more if Texas A&M wore maroon pants tonight.

SN: I used to love seeing these UNC throwbacks on TV back in the day. Part of me hopes a white jersey/carolina blue pants version of it becomes a reality in the future.

• Like 6

Hotter Than July > Thriller

10 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

SN: I used to love seeing these UNC throwbacks on TV back in the day. Part of me hopes a white jersey/carolina blue pants version of it becomes a reality in the future.

If I had to change anything about these, I'd thin the stripes on the pants and shoulder caps, but I love me some drop shadow numbers. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I meant it in the context of, Indiana played the number of games initially necessary for the Conference Championship yet the rules got bent for (and only for) Ohio State. For what? Conference integrity?

Eh. They were temporary rules the conference created. They put themselves in a bad position by making the rule in the first place with such uncertainty afoot, but I don’t think they anticipated Penn State imploding and Wisconsin having to cancel most of its season, so they ended up inadvertently painting themselves into a corner. Ultimately, the conference made the best decision for its own long-term health by giving its best team a chance to prove it belongs on the biggest stage.

Every team with a “gripe” about this had their chances during the season and lost their biggest game, except for Cincinnati and Coastal (who waited until the bowls to lose their biggest games). Either way, I think Cincinnati and A&M both deserved the #4 spot over Notre Dame. Losing your conference championship game should be automatic playoff elimination, in my opinion. That’s the first round as far as I’m concerned... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I think Cincinnati and A&M both deserved the #4 spot over Notre Dame. Losing your conference championship game should be automatic playoff elimination, in my opinion. That’s the first round as far as I’m concerned... 🤷‍♂️

(I don’t mean to deviate even more from the thread subject)

I agree. You could honestly throw Oklahoma, Georgia, and even Iowa State (after their performance against Oregon) into that conversation too. It’s perplexing how the committee watched ND get blown out in the ACC championship and still thought “they’re still good enough for the No. 4 seed” then watched that same ND team get blown out on an even bigger stage against No. 1 Alabama.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

(I don’t mean to deviate even more from the thread subject)

I agree. You could honestly throw Oklahoma, Georgia, and even Iowa State (after their performance against Oregon) into that conversation too. It’s perplexing how the committee watched ND get blown out in the ACC championship and still thought “they’re still good enough for the No. 4 seed” then watched that same ND team get blown out on an even bigger stage against No. 1 Alabama.

Thats my issue with it. The playoff is entertainment for all CFB fans. It can’t effectively folllow the simplistic, traditional selection model of “who’s going to fill the seats” if it wants to be taken seriously as a fan-focused entertainment property. Nobody wants to watch a team go into the postseason off a loss in their biggest game. Apparently, they didn’t learn many lessons from the BCS era...

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm as sick of Notre Dame as anyone else, but I don't get why people are pointing to Oklahoma as a better choice when they've gone winless in all their playoff games and haven't played any defense in any of them (last year's performance was particularly embarrassing). They also lost to 4-6 Kansas State this season.

Cincinnati played a weaker schedule. Texas A&M's only quality win (Florida) wasn't as good as ND's win against Clemson, and they lost to Alabama by a larger margin than ND did. Same deal with Georgia - if you're upset about Notre Dame getting owned by Alabama, why would you want a team that didn't do any better against them? Maybe Northwestern could have made a valid argument if they didn't inexplicably lose to a terrible MSU team in November.

It sucks, but I understand why the committee did what they did this year. There really weren't any clear-cut better options than ND, unfortunately.

• Like 6

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

25 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm as sick of Notre Dame as anyone else, but I don't get why people are pointing to Oklahoma as a better choice when they've gone winless in all their playoff games and haven't played any defense in any of them (last year's performance was particularly embarrassing). They also lost to 4-6 Kansas State this season.

Cincinnati played a weaker schedule. Texas A&M's only quality win (Florida) wasn't as good as ND's win against Clemson, and they lost to Alabama by a larger margin than ND did. Same deal with Georgia - if you're upset about Notre Dame getting owned by Alabama, why would you want a team that didn't do any better against them? Maybe Northwestern could have made a valid argument if they didn't inexplicably lose to a terrible MSU team in November.

It sucks, but I understand why the committee did what they did this year. There really weren't any clear-cut better options than ND, unfortunately.

Exactly. With a season like this, it was impossible to compare 🍎 to 🍏 so the committee really had no chance.

People just get salty when you have a G5 team sitting there undefeated (knowing the history of how G5 teams have showed up in big bowl games), or a team that finished its season with a half dozen conference wins in a row after losing to the team it would have matched up against. Those are more compelling games for me than rewarding a team who just got shellacked. Maybe I’d feel differently if ND actually showed up and gave someone a game even one time, but they’re running out of chances in the public’s eye.

Ten years ago, the Buckeyes couldn’t shake their own reputation that they were too slow and traditional to compete with top-tier teams. They are 11-6 in BCS/CFP/NY6 games since 2000. Notre Dame is 0-7 (with none of the losses by fewer than two touchdowns), yet they’re still getting the benefit of the doubt year after year.

• Like 1

Ole Miss went powder blue over all white for the final game of this season, meaning they wore the traditional gray pants a total of one game this season.  As I've said before, the white pants aren't awful, but are not great.  Really curious to see what direction the uniforms go in the future.  I could see an entirely new set being unveiled before next season.

spacer.png