College Football 2020

Kevin W.

5 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

Georgia-Cincinnati....well it is contrasting... and they are wearing school colors... so... Maybe a white helmet for Cincy would help. But it looks fine. 

Sure each team individually looks great, but put them together and it’s just an overload of the same color scheme (obviously there’s limitations).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Sure each team individually looks great, but put them together and it’s just an overload of the same color scheme (obviously there’s limitations).

This is one of those occasions where Icy whites would have been good for Cincy.  Or black helmet with the rest white. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I was kinda amazed Northwestern contrasted Auburn’s white helmets with white helmets of their own. ughh Should have worn purple helmets. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do the Nike CFP teams reuse their existing gear and swap out the swooshes? I just assumed they were sent fresh gear from Nike, but you can see some glue residue behind the diamond swoosh here.

I have a game worn Georgia jersey (regular season swoosh, not a CFP swoosh) and it’s obvious that it’s a patch stitched on and not stitched directly into the fabric. It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to rip the old swooshes off and add the diamond design.

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Do the Nike CFP teams reuse their existing gear and swap out the swooshes? I just assumed they were sent fresh gear from Nike, but you can see some glue residue behind the diamond swoosh here.

I have a game worn Georgia jersey (regular season swoosh, not a CFP swoosh) and it’s obvious that it’s a patch stitched on and not stitched directly into the fabric. It doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult to rip the old swooshes off and add the diamond design.

I think they glue the swooshes, then stitch them on. Since some schools let players keep bowl jerseys, they could rip the old one off, but I'd think Nike sends new jerseys for playoff teams. It would be too much extra work for equipment managers to do for two sets of uniforms. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Like 6
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

13 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The semifinals look very good. Four great uniforms. 

Alabama vs. Notre Dame score: Live game coverage, Rose Bowl 2021 updates,  College Football Playoff scores - CBSSports.com

See the source image

Only great uniforms there are Clemson and maybe Notre Dame.

Alabama's look isn't bad, but it is boring. As for Ohio State, their regular uniforms are way better than the throwbacks. I've said this in other threads, but I've never liked those gigantic double-decker sleeve stripes on any team that wears them. They look horrible on any modern template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Indiana Hoosiers Cover Big Ten Patch On Outback Bowl Jersey, Deny Protest Accusations

January 2, 2021 - 15:44 PM

The Indiana football program will not have a Big Ten logo on its helmet or jersey in Saturday’s Outback Bowl against Ole Miss (12:30 p.m. ET on ABC), though head coach Tom Allen denied that the decision stemmed from the conference changing rules to let five-win Ohio State into the

Read More...

8 hours ago, See Red said:

The one improvement would be Clemson in O-O-W, but beyond that, yeah, they all look great.

Clemson has the tradition of "orange britches" when they have the chance to win a championship, but white pants do look better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png