NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Combination Mavs/90s Cavs. They look fine in isolation, but not in the context of the sports team they're supposed to represent. So perfect for the City program.

EDIT: Also, the world really wants Christmas uniforms. Maybe next year.

It really doesn’t help that the score bugs are blue (warriors) and green (bucks). Makes it confusing at first glance.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching a House of Highlights best of Christmas games video in Instagram, and it happened: I didn't know which two teams were playing in the clip. I think it was Clippers/Nuggets, but I wasn't sure. The teams were in Christmas uniforms, but I'm sure there are people turning on the games today with similar reactions: who are these guys?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Combination Mavs/90s Cavs. They look fine in isolation, but not in the context of the sports team they're supposed to represent. So perfect for the City program.

EDIT: Also, the world really wants Christmas uniforms. Maybe next year.

oh for sure, i think the unis are pretty sleak and cool in a vacuum but they just do not look like the milwaukee bucks in any way, as you said. every time i glance at the game i'm momentarily confused about who is even who.

You can hate me now but Celtics City look awesome in action (yes I love their last season City too).

@MkDon, yes although it is a league space not teams. Anyway if they really needs to add ads on floor the digital ones are safier for players because they don't exist phisically.

4r2eer.png

45 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

You can hate me now but Celtics City look awesome in action (yes I love their last season City too).

I like them too. Would buy.

1 hour ago, MkDon said:

Digital ads on court also allowed now? Sad times for the NBA...

Welcome to life post-COVID. If there is a space, they will sell it. Teams do it outside of the US, welcome to the rest of humanity, 

They are businesses, they have to make money somehow. Since they can't let spectators in, they may as well sell the space.

Sydney Swans / Newcastle Knights / Newcastle United Jets / Sydney Thunder / Sydney Kings / NSW Waratahs / NSW Pride / Australia

Manchester United / Montreal Canadiens / Green Bay Packers / New York Yankees / Bayern Munich / Ajax Amsterdam / Glasgow Rangers

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Nets wearing City or statement uniforms for next five out of six games. Lovin that!

Nets city uni is cool, but doesn't look good on the Celtics court.

Hate it, their city uniforms look like they gave them to some preschoolers to draw on them.

Lakers/Mavs the best uni-matchup of the day so far but I still feel like an old complainer because the trend of not matching your shoes to your uniform will always bug me.

Also, completely agree that Boston's banner unis look GREAT in action. Like, perfect design and the perfect team to execute it. 

28 minutes ago, TJKiddsHead said:

Lakers/Mavs the best uni-matchup of the day so far but I still feel like an old complainer because the trend of not matching your shoes to your uniform will always bug me.

Also, completely agree that Boston's banner unis look GREAT in action. Like, perfect design and the perfect team to execute it. 

It just feels so dumb that on the NBA's biggest exposure night before the playoffs, most of the teams look like they're in costumes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Caught a minute of Warriors-Bucks today and couldn't figure out what was going on for a second because the Bucks were in royal blue. I had forgotten all about that. Why do they look like mid-'90s Cavs jerseys? What's the inspiration supposed to be here? Lake Michigan? 

As for the Fanduel Bulls: I said in the other thread that the NHL is an aesthetically hideous league, well, nice to see the NBA following the NHL for once instead of the other way around, because they're hot on hockey's tails now. Awful, just awful. And of course, none of this is temporary, the ratchet only turns one way. Just like Amazon, looks like even more billionaires found a way to come out on top of a pandemic!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, ElCapitanCranky said:

They are businesses, they have to make money somehow. Since they can't let spectators in, they may as well sell the space.

let’s revisit this once the spectators are back in again.

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It just feels so dumb that on the NBA's biggest exposure night before the playoffs, most of the teams look like they're in costumes.

I felt this way about the Adidas Christmas schemes too. I don’t know if the current shtick is better or worse. At least three teams today wore their standard/best looks, which is maybe better than Adidas giving every team the same allegedly-Christmas-card font. 

Archived