NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

First Look at 2021 NBA All-Star Game Logo in Indiana

February 18, 2020 - 19:03 PM

With this year’s All-Star Game now just a (surprisingly awesome) memory, the Indiana Pacers and the City of Indianapolis are on the clock as hosts of next year’s event. As soon as the game ended Sunday night, the Pacers’ official […]

Read More...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole Indiana Pacers brand is dull and underwhelming, so this kinda fits it. Not surprised.

With that being said, not much worse than the last All-Star game logos following this template. I hope they will do a better job on the 22-23 logos than those predictions.

23 hours ago, truepg said:

The whole Indiana Pacers brand is dull and underwhelming, so this kinda fits it. Not surprised.

With that being said, not much worse than the last All-Star game logos following this template. I hope they will do a better job on the 22-23 logos than those predictions.

You call it dull. I call it classic.😎

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

6 minutes ago, truepg said:

I actually liked the crop field graphic and idea they added a couple years ago, I wish they emphasized it a lot more in the branding.

Ya, if you want to have a discussion about ways to better utilize the Pacers brand, I'm more than willing to jump on board. But the brand itself is pretty great.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

3 hours ago, BryanSmalls said:

It's beautifully generic.

The major sports' leagues focus on brand simplification at the expense of creativity is tiresome and I want to slap the taste out of the mouth of whoever first thought it was a good idea.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

21 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The major sports' leagues focus on brand simplification at the expense of creativity is tiresome and I want to slap the taste out of the mouth of whoever first thought it was a good idea.

Probably the same group of people who think the OKC Thunder and LA Clippers logos are topnotch. 😅

• 2 months later...

NBA Drops Spalding, Wilson Becomes New In-Game Basketball Provider

May 14, 2020 - 14:04 PM

WILSON! WILLLLL-SSSOONNNNNNN! The National Basketball Association today announced that Wilson Sporting Goods Co. will provide the official game ball of the NBA as well as the Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA G-League, and the new Basketball Africa League. The new […]

Read More...

Intresting news, because at this moment except Spalding and Molten no one other produce Genuine Leather balls. It's intresting if Spalding after losing NBA also stop make them or maybe Euroleague receive leather ball? From the announcement It look like WNBA will back to Leather too after years of using Composite balls. I assume Wilson will try to push idea of pebbles on channels like they do on their other balls.

I'm curious of the design if they stay with current and only change a manufacturer logo or prepare something new.

This is my vision, I made it based on old NBA ball by Wilson and their current balls:

Wilson-NBAConcept.jpg

4r2eer.png

Archived