New Toucan Sam

Krz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the vintage boxes are wonderful.  If anything the 90s design was the outlier, Disney-ied to capture the audience going bonkers for the animated renaissance, shopping at KB Toys/Toys’R’Us, drinking Icees, and playing Sonic the Hedgehog.  

I’d like the new bird more if it didn’t have unattached anatomy/feathers, but the gradient beak is a unique touch that I think kids will like. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

25 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I wish that Tony the Tiger would eat this monstrosity.

I grew up with steroid-laden beefcake Tony the Tiger, but man, the previous design was so much better.  It's like every cereal mascot went from looking fairly basic to becoming creepily human.

DHawtKE.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Have you ever looked at real toucan?

windows_7_wallpaper_-_toucan.jpg

What an uncomfortable looking existence. I think a diabetes acid trip might be the best thing for that bird.

I like the rainbow treatment on the new bill. Ambivalent to everything else because I don't eat candy for breakfast.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, CherryMX said:

I grew up with steroid-laden beefcake Tony the Tiger, but man, the previous design was so much better.  It's like every cereal mascot went from looking fairly basic to becoming creepily human.

DHawtKE.png

Excellent observation! 

And what I love about this ad is not only the design of Tony the Tiger, but also the use of the comma in "Hold that, Tiger", a punctuation mark which is required in general address, but which is nowadays so often carelessly forgotten.  The use of this comma allows for the distinction between "Let's eat, Grandma!" and "Let's eat Grandma!"

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 5/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, DNAsports said:

I eat Froot Loops all the time. Now I’ll just have to eat them in disgust. The Froot Loops themselves will still be good, but I’ll hate every minute of it with that acid trip bird staring at me the whole time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm okay with change and evolving...when it's done right.

It's true that the "fixed" version in the video and the thumbnail would look better on a Froot Loops cereal box than the actual one they went with:

43 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

This may be difficult to accept for some, but kids in 2020 are allowed to like different things than you did at their age.

That's true, breakfast cereal mascots all get redrawn over the years, but come on, what's going on with that mouth?

Speaking of mouths, that guy in that video has too much lisp to do a voiceover. 30 seconds and I was out. Put your tongue away; how did you evade speech therapy in grade school?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, sc49erfan15 said:

This may be difficult to accept for some, but kids in 2020 are allowed to like different things than you did at their age.

I browse the retrogaming forum on Reddit quite a bit. The only thing there are more of than photos of a 4-year-old playing World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros. (and it's almost always World 1-1 of Super Mario Bros.) are a bunch of comments from fellow nerds saying "You're a great dad! Start 'em early!"

The problem with Millenials and Zoomers being locked out of things like home ownership and professional success (not all but a lot!) is that we get to hold on to, and worse, gatekeep the stuff we liked as children.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The problem with Millenials and Zoomers being locked out of things like home ownership and professional success (not all but a lot!) is that we get to hold on to, and worse, gatekeep the stuff we liked as children.

youll never walk alone GIF by Liverpool FC

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 5/23/2020 at 7:17 AM, Krz said:

Old is on the left, new is on the right.

spacer.png

Honestly this is terrible.

The placement of mouth is disturbing. Even the beak looks like a Photoshop gradient fail. Should’ve kept original beak colours but in a gradient. Yes, the colours are way too bright. What the teeth was for??  Note his wings aren’t visible anymore. Thanks you, I hate the stupid Calarts style even more. What happened to unique and traditional style used in 80s-2000s?

Huge downgrade. Exactly they even thinking about?

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

11 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

People aren't really locked out...I mean... that's the worst use of hyperbole I've seen in a while. 

Delayed marriage has one of the biggest impacts on their low homeownership rate, the Urban Institute found. Marriage increases one’s likelihood of owning a home by 18 percentage points.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/30/homeownership-eludes-millions-of-millennials-heres-why.html

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

People aren't really locked out...I mean... that's the worst use of hyperbole I've seen in a while. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/30/homeownership-eludes-millions-of-millennials-heres-why.html

That's enough out of you. Not the point of this thread, dude.

I think the only real issue with this is that it didn't just tweak good old Toucan Sam for the new generation, it pretty much created an entirely new character. I personally love this redesign somebody on the internet did. It keeps the new bright chibi style, but makes sure that the character is still toucan sam, with no human teeth, neon colors, or acidtrip gradient.

aPKg9Q1.jpg

tinysig.jpg

Archived