Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Even if Bucco Bruce isn't on the side, the white helmet would remind people of a team that was pretty much never good. The pewter represents the best period in team history, as well as calling to the classic image of a pirate (and the modern image of a pirate, for that matter).

I guess if people wanted to see it that way. Every Buccaneers fan I know equates the pewter to losing now. They haven't won since the 2003 season. 

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

I guess if people wanted to see it that way. Every Buccaneers fan I know equates the pewter to losing now. They haven't won since the 2003 season. 

They made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007 as well, although that's still a big gap between then and now. I guess my point is that the Buccaneers never won in the creamsicles, and while they still don't have much in pewter they did win a Super Bowl in it. Personally I only know one or two Bucs fans that don't like pewter, and Orlando is a Buccaneer-majority city. In the end, I guess there's always going to be a split when the team has had two drastically different looks in their history.

ExJworW.png

2 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

They made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007 as well, although that's still a big gap between then and now. I guess my point is that the Buccaneers never won in the creamsicles, and while they still don't have much in pewter they did win a Super Bowl in it. Personally I only know one or two Bucs fans that don't like pewter, and Orlando is a Buccaneer-majority city. In the end, I guess there's always going to be a split when the team has had two drastically different looks in their history.

I don't even think there is a split. The winning was so long ago on the pewter it is barely remembered. The only winning that ever went on in the creamsicle was the 1979 NFC championship game and the 1982 playoffs. We are now as far away from winning in pewter as we were in the creamsicle. 

What have they had, 21 years in orange? 23 years in red? 23 consecutive years in red. I’ve been there for all of them. I’ve mentioned it in this thread probably more than once. Orange is nostalgic and great for a game. It’s inferior...especially the white version with red numbers and unitard orange socks and pants. This team wears white majority of the time which compounds my issues. My fear is white-white in the current set will be worn a lot and it’s the worst looking combo. It became common place with the last set. In the SB set, it was worn at home for a few games, but usually (not always) balanced with pewter pants on the road.

KISSwall09.jpg

48 minutes ago, hormone said:

What have they had, 21 years in orange? 23 years in red? 23 consecutive years in red. I’ve been there for all of them. I’ve mentioned it in this thread probably more than once. Orange is nostalgic and great for a game. It’s inferior...especially the white version with red numbers and unitard orange socks and pants. This team wears white majority of the time which compounds my issues. My fear is white-white in the current set will be worn a lot and it’s the worst looking combo. It became common place with the last set. In the SB set, it was worn at home for a few games, but usually (not always) balanced with pewter pants on the road.

The all white set has always been the worst combo, especially for a team with a non-white helmet.

5 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

The Chargers knocked it out of the park. The Buccaneers struck out with the bases loaded down 1 in the bottom of the ninth. 

More like they both hit home runs, only the Chargers ball went a little farther.

33 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

More like they both hit home runs, only the Chargers ball went a little farther.

I’m not debating the charger set isn’t nice, but what I will debate is that what the bucs did and what they replaced was ten fold better than what the chargers did. 

KISSwall09.jpg

14 hours ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

The Chargers knocked it out of the park. The Buccaneers struck out with the bases loaded down 1 in the bottom of the ninth. 

You're like the one guy who doesn't like the new unis so...sorry?

2 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

With the Bucs back on the front pages, just something I wanted to see. IMO it's an improvement and less less dark team with red highlights generic

Image is busted.

Regardless, I'm happy with what the team went with.

12 hours ago, IceCap said:

You're like the one guy who doesn't like the new unis so...sorry?

Nahh a lot of people don't like them. But my opinion doesn't matter because after the Bux got bent over by the Patriots for an old broken player I am no longer a fan.

17 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Nahh a lot of people don't like them.

A lot, and I mean a lot, of people around here have said that they wanted the Super Bowl set back. Which is basically what the team did. 

Creamsicles would have also been nice, but that's the brilliance of having two great past looks to draw from. You can't go wrong going all-in on one. 

18 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

But my opinion doesn't matter because after the Bux got bent over by the Patriots for an old broken player I am no longer a fan.

Seems like you just like living in negativity then. Can't help ya my dude. 

4 minutes ago, IceCap said:

A lot, and I mean a lot, of people around here have said that they wanted the Super Bowl set back. Which is basically what the team did. 

Creamsicles would have also been nice, but that's the brilliance of having two great past looks to draw from. You can't go wrong going all-in on one. 

Seems like you just like living in negativity then. Can't help ya my dude. 

Nahh I live in positivity, check out my posts in the Chargers thread I just think the Buccaneers could have done much better on their uniforms. As for the Gronk thing, he is one of my least favorite players in the history of the NFL and I won't support him or the team while he is on it. 

10 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Nahh I live in positivity, check out my posts in the Chargers thread I just think the Buccaneers could have done much better on their uniforms. As for the Gronk thing, he is one of my least favorite players in the history of the NFL and I won't support him or the team while he is on it. 

On the end of the spectrum... I hate the Cowboys, but I’ll always support Jason Witten for how great of a player he was and still is.

My favorite team is the Redskins, but I never thought once to disown them because they got a bum of a player in Albert Haynesworth.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

On the end of the spectrum... I hate the Cowboys, but I’ll always support Jason Witten for how great of a player he was and still is.

My favorite team is the Redskins, but I never thought once to disown them because they got a bum of a player in Albert Haynesworth.

I gotcha. I have been a fan since 79, but they don't care about winning, only selling jersey's and hot dogs at the stadium. 

Archived