Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

MyAe8WI.jpg

I can't tell if that middle pirate is supposed to be Bucco Bruce or some long lost relative of or alternate timeline Pat Patriot.

Maybe after winning the revolutionary war, Pat Patriot decided to retire down in Florida and took up plundering as a hobby.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I detest lids since fanatics took over. They never send me my lifetime discount code so I tweeted them. They gave me 20% off code which was good for nothing. Everything I put in my cart was excluded...bucs shirts, MLB hats, etc. All of this was also excluded from the current sale. I was cleaning out old emails and I found a one time 20% off code from September from last time they never sent my code. I used it and it worked. Long story short, I got a pewter Godwin replica (don’t know why alts are never authentic), a white Brady authentic, and a red Brady authentic. I swore off buying jerseys, but these look so nice and had to grab the goat...plus I stiffed them with getting them for $260 instead of $330. I know it doesn’t add to the thread, but I’ll grab some pics of the authentics when they come...by September 15.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 4/7/2020 at 1:50 PM, scouserduke said:

primary-590x372.png

Shameless bump.  Just needed to see that glorious darker red again.  I’ll even give a pass to the Terminator skull because the “old” red hides the unnecessary silver outline better than the previous red.

20 hours ago, IceCap said:

[ snip ]

This reminds me of those classical Greek and Roman busts. They would have been very brightly painted, almost garish, but over time the paint faded away and what was left behind was the stark white. This is what everyone thinks the busts are "supposed" to look like, even though it would have been incorrect to a contemporary eye. It's the same thing with Victorian England or pirates: we assume they looked a certain way and often refuse to accept that they didn't at all.

10 hours ago, Quillz said:

This reminds me of those classical Greek and Roman busts. They would have been very brightly painted, almost garish, but over time the paint faded away and what was left behind was the stark white. This is what everyone thinks the busts are "supposed" to look like, even though it would have been incorrect to a contemporary eye. It's the same thing with Victorian England or pirates: we assume they looked a certain way and often refuse to accept that they didn't at all.

One time, at my old job, we were casually dropping little “did you knows” before a meeting and I mentioned that Viking warriors didn’t actually wear horned helmets. The next day, I found a brand new Norse mythology book on my desk. It was from the company CEO, who was there during our discussion but never said anything. I never had the heart to explain to him what “mythology” meant.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Shameless bump.  Just needed to see that glorious darker red again.  I’ll even give a pass to the Terminator skull because the “old” red hides the unnecessary silver outline better than the previous red.

There was so much wrong with the last set that it was easy to forget how big of a mistake it was to brighten the red.

I almost wish they'd kept the brighter orange for the new set though as I think I'd like the added contrast between the red and orange. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

6 hours ago, j'villejags said:

There was so much wrong with the last set that it was easy to forget how big of a mistake it was to brighten the red.

I almost wish they'd kept the brighter orange for the new set though as I think I'd like the added contrast between the red and orange. 

Agree on the football.  The orange in the now old logo would be better off than the darker football in the updated logo.

Maybe it’s my eyes, but on the new and the SB unis, I can clearly see the orange beside the red number on the white jersey, but in certain lights or from a farther distance, the orange seems to be washed out beside the white number and red jersey. It’s almost like the red absorbs the orange and it looks just like a red gap. I hope I explained that correctly.

KISSwall09.jpg

16 minutes ago, hormone said:

Maybe it’s my eyes, but on the new and the SB unis, I can clearly see the orange beside the red number on the white jersey, but in certain lights or from a farther distance, the orange seems to be washed out beside the white number and red jersey. It’s almost like the red absorbs the orange and it looks just like a red gap. I hope I explained that correctly.

Yeah it definitely pops more on the white, one of the reasons I prefer it.

10 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Agree on the football.  The orange in the now old logo would be better off than the darker football in the updated logo.

8 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

It really does, contrast between the two is much clearer and the previous orange would've popped more on this uniform.

Do we know if the textile colors have changed?  Just because the shade of orange they're using in the logo has changed doesn't necessarily mean they've changed the color of fabric. 

But yes, brighter orange is better with the darker red.

59 minutes ago, hormone said:

Yes, on some images of the red jersey, the orange looks more red-orange, and at times even appears red.  Another instance where the lighter/brighter orange would be beneficial

On 4/11/2020 at 9:33 AM, DNAsports said:

Watch the very end when Cameron Brate wears his (now old) Buccaneers helmet with the new jersey 

The red looks lighter to me than that in the Super Bowl set. It also seems harder to see the orange “glow” on the white numbers on the red jersey, which I realized somebody already mentioned. Still...these uniforms look good. I suspect a few players would privately admit it’s a relief not to have to wear alarm-clock numbers anymore. 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:43 AM, the admiral said:

HAS GOT IT GOIN' ON

Too soon?

On 4/13/2020 at 5:27 PM, MCM0313 said:

The red looks lighter to me than that in the Super Bowl set. It also seems harder to see the orange “glow” on the white numbers on the red jersey, which I realized somebody already mentioned. Still...these uniforms look good. I suspect a few players would privately admit it’s a relief not to have to wear alarm-clock numbers anymore. 

They might consolidate the different medium reds to a single fabric color. Could explain why the red on the Falcons’ uniform looks brighter than the red in their print/digital logos.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived