Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

DE6cuPQ.png

26 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

If I didn’t bother to really dive in and compare and contrast the Super Bowl era helmets to the new ones, I might not even notice the difference in the pirate and swords.  The deep red is gorgeous.  I also like that the extra black marks on the flag are gone.  

The FIRST thing I picked up on with the previous design (other than the obvious size increase) was the lighter red. It’s SO much better in the deeper shade.  Wait, I just said that above.

Bravo, Tampa Bay, bravo.

4 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

If I didn’t bother to really dive in and compare and contrast the Super Bowl era helmets to the new ones, I might not even notice the difference in the pirate and swords.  The deep red is gorgeous.  I also like that the extra black marks on the flag are gone.  

The FIRST thing I picked up on with the previous design (other than the obvious size increase) was the lighter red. It’s SO much better in the deeper shade.  Wait, I just said that above.

Bravo, Tampa Bay, bravo.

I'd be a millionaire if I had a dime for every time you've reviewed the new Bucs uniform, or bumped pictures of the uniforms and helmet just to praise it.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

So I guess it's all but assured the "one helmet rule" is going away in 2021, and the creamsicles will return? Makes total sense for the Bucs to hold off on it, easy marketing decision. That way they'll be in the news again for next season.

30 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'd be a millionaire if I had a dime for every time you've reviewed the new Bucs uniform, or bumped pictures of the uniforms and helmet just to praise it.

I’m sorry if I interrupted the Patriots chatter...

I suppose I could just turn on the TV and watch some actual sports instead.  Oh, wait...

13 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Hey, I got an idea...

...there’s an actual thread for the Patriots discussion!

Maybe we need a combined thread. The movement for teams to go back to 1980 looks even though they're associated with historic futility and not later success. Not very catchy, I realize.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

14 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

How about that fairly recent concussion-related rule - that players must wear the same helmet all year. Patriots now have two facemask colors, color rushes maybe too, so obviously the face masks can be changed out.

14 hours ago, Maroon&Gold said:

The facemask can be changed because it doesnt require any breaking in. The rule behind not changing shells is that modern football helmets need to be broken in. As someone only a year removed from playing in riddels newest helmet model, I can attest that they can be uncomfortable if not broken in.

That's not just it, though - it also has to do with players in older helmet models. 

The NFL allows grandfathered players to wear discontinued helmet models up to a certain number of years.  That means that their preferred and allowed helmet model may not be available in the throwback color.  They can't force a player to wear different helmet models throughout the course of a season, so alternate helmets are off the table.

13 hours ago, Quillz said:

So I guess it's all but assured the "one helmet rule" is going away in 2021, and the creamsicles will return? Makes total sense for the Bucs to hold off on it, easy marketing decision. That way they'll be in the news again for next season.

Nope.

We have read that certain teams are pushing for the rule to be eliminated or relaxed.  The Bucs are reportedly among those, but we don't know if they're gaining any traction, if they've been able to gather enough support from other teams, or if they'll be successful.  They're dropping big hints but that could just be wishful thinking.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, Gothamite said:

This is so much better than their current cluttered mess.  Even the neon green can't save the modern uniforms from being terribly drab.

Everything about that Seahawks look is amazing. I really wish that they would go back to this look. 

On 4/16/2020 at 10:39 AM, Gothamite said:

That's not just it, though - it also has to do with players in older helmet models. 

The NFL allows grandfathered players to wear discontinued helmet models up to a certain number of years.  That means that their preferred and allowed helmet model may not be available in the throwback color.  They can't force a player to wear different helmet models throughout the course of a season, so alternate helmets are off the table.

Which throwback colors are not available in today's world?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Im beginning to come around on the larger flag logos, especialy looking back at the Super Bowl uni.  it was so small...

brad-johnson.jpg?w=625

The upgraded extra large flag was different and I got used to it, but the new 2020 10% smaller flag is perfect.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Which throwback colors are not available in today's world?

No, what he's saying is there may not be those helmets still available, therefore by demanding a player were a different color, you're basically telling him he can't wear the helmet of his choice. In other words, you're taking away a professional athletes' ability to protect their health in the way they fit, solely to sell jerseys and have a cool promotion. You can see why the league might not be anxious to try to defend that decision in court.

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No, what he's saying is there may not be those helmets still available, therefore by demanding a player were a different color, you're basically telling him he can't wear the helmet of his choice. In other words, you're taking away a professional athletes' ability to protect their health in the way they fit, solely to sell jerseys and have a cool promotion. You can see why the league might not be anxious to try to defend that decision in court.

League rules take away the professional athletes‘ ability to protect their health all the time. That’s why they banned the VSR4, and the Players Union agreed to it. Just because a player likes an old helmet doesn’t mean it’s the safest helmet. 

I bet you there are VSR4s still available in any color you want. 

52 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Im beginning to come around on the larger flag logos, especialy looking back at the Super Bowl uni.  it was so small...

brad-johnson.jpg?w=625

The upgraded extra large flag was different and I got used to it, but the new 2020 10% smaller flag is perfect.

Completely agree. On another note the red in the flag match’s now. It always looked too dark. Also the white outline looks bad.

Just now, WSU151 said:

League rules take away the professional athletes‘ ability to protect their health all the time. That’s why they banned the VSR4. Just because a player likes an old helmet doesn’t mean it’s the safest helmet. 

I bet you there are VSR4s still available in any color you want. 

All that's true, but the question is, is it worth that fight?  No one really thinks the player necessarily knows more, but does he have the right to decide for himself? And if someday, a player is suing the NFL over health issues, and his lawyer tells the jury that the league forced him out of his preferred and still legal helmet so they could do the throwback thing, does the NFL feel comfortable having their lawyers explain to the jury how cool Tampa's creamcicle uniform is, and how a handful of fans really wanted it?

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

All that's true, but the question is, is it worth that fight?  No one really thinks the player necessarily knows more, but does he have the right to decide for himself? And if someday, a player is suing the NFL over health issues, and his lawyer tells the jury that the league forced him out of his preferred and still legal helmet so they could do the throwback thing, does the NFL feel comfortable having their lawyers explain to the jury how cool Tampa's creamcicle uniform is, and how a handful of fans really wanted it?

The Players’ union agreed to the helmet bans.

Archived