Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Here's Tom Brady wearing the new helmet for the first time. Also note the others are wearing the old helmet. The resized logo is definitely better, it's big but not too big.

UBEFFISZAJE7TG3FDR7C2HM7RE.JPG

The size looks good, but it does look kinda awkward with the sword handle on top of the ear hole instead of beside it 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Here's Tom Brady wearing the new helmet for the first time. Also note the others are wearing the old helmet. The resized logo is definitely better, it's big but not too big.

Agreed.  I didn't even realize they'd re-sized it.  They've definitely mitigated the problem they created five years ago.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

Agreed.  I didn't even realize they'd re-sized it.  They've definitely mitigated the problem they created five years ago.

Almost the cleaned up skull would be better with a little more character if they did that it would be one of the best logos in the league.

27 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

Almost the cleaned up skull would be better with a little more character if they did that it would be one of the best logos in the league.

I was referring to the obnoxious size of the logo on the helmet.

Truth be told, I have no strong feelings between the original logo and the updated logo. I think they're both decent with possibly a few to many things going on.

In any case, the big logo on the helmet just screamed "college" to me.  I still think it's too big, but it's definitely an improvement.

Unpopular opinion?  I like the current smaller Saints helmet logo better than previous iterations.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The new helmet is a good compromise between the two approaches for sure, but I loved the huge helmet logo for them since it removed the issue with the height of the sword pushing the flag up near the crown of the helmet.

This one...

1195274371.jpg.0.jpg

made much better use of the space than this one did-

Barber-Ronde-ball-captain.jpg

Not to mention that it just looks really awesome, but I think I can still appreciate the newest compromise.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, henburg said:

The new helmet is a good compromise between the two approaches for sure, but I loved the huge helmet logo for them since it removed the issue with the height of the sword pushing the flag up near the crown of the helmet.

This one...

1195274371.jpg.0.jpg

Not to mention that it just looks really awesome, but I think I can still appreciate the newest compromise.

I’d rather have the flag further up with no obstructions rather than being covered up by face mask hardware and chinstraps.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, for about three weeks.😜

...before becoming a timeless design feature, evolving into the definitive Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet and being universally beloved by all!

don't worry, I'm pretty sure that's what you guys were about to say 😉

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, henburg said:

...before becoming a timeless design feature, evolving into the definitive Tampa Bay Buccaneers helmet and being universally beloved by all!

don't worry, I'm pretty sure that's what you guys were about to say 😉

Not at all, not even close.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:52 AM, Old School Fool said:

Here's Tom Brady wearing the new helmet for the first time. 

UBEFFISZAJE7TG3FDR7C2HM7RE.JPG

Is it just me or does that look like four random guys from the local Beta Theta Pi fraternity intramural football team?

On 5/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, henburg said:

This one...

1195274371.jpg.0.jpg

Yeah, I liked the huge logo too. A giant Jolly Roger just looks more 🏴‍☠️ (piratey) than a little one. 

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, I liked the huge logo too. A giant Jolly Roger just looks more 🏴‍☠️ (piratey) than a little one. 

Also, yarrrrrrr! Avast, ye mateys! 

(We had all forgotten to add pirate-speak to this thread, so I did it for us.)

spacer.png
spacer.png

Am I crazy or is the orange outline inside the numbers a different thickness in these pics? About the only thing I would have preferred on the new jerseys are thicker orange outlines like in the bottom picture.

26 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Am I crazy or is the orange outline inside the numbers a different thickness in these pics? About the only thing I would have preferred on the new jerseys are thicker orange outlines like in the bottom picture.

I think since orange blends into red the white jersey pic looks thinner.

It would've also helped had Tampa stuck with the brighter (or original) orange the first time around, and/or utilized it this go-round...logo stuff (and pewter color issue) aside, that'd be about the only complaint I have, minor as it is, about an otherwise perfect uniform.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived