Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

While the pewter and red isn't bad, the creamsicle color scheme is so much more unique. It's like when you see the colors of certain teams you instantly identify it with the brand.

Updating the current logos with the creamsicle color scheme would have given them one of the most identifiable brands in sports.

The vibrancy would also have been a great contrast to the other pirate team.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I'm guessing it's true.  The Packers still use Ripon pants and jerseys.  My question is What stopped Tampa from using the old pants?  That original version of pewter was the only good one they've ever had.

They wanted to and Nike said they couldn’t replicate it with the materials they use.

29 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

They wanted to and Nike said they couldn’t replicate it with the materials they use.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but before Nike, the Packers and Jets used the same shade of Green. If you see how Nike made the Jets Green before their redesign in 2019, you'd be happy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, yeah. The Raiders and Cowboys still use Ripon pants. In 2012 and 2013, before changing in 2014, the Bucs used the Ripon pants with Nike Jerseys.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

The Bucs were one of those teams where either of the previous two identities were great (I know there are people who hate the creamsicle/Bucco Bruce look, but IMO it rocked). So long as they committed to picking one, leaning all in, and resisting Nike/the NFL's brandspeak? They were going to come out of it alright. It looks like they did that. The Super Bowl look isn't my favourite Bucs look, but it's hard to deny that it's VERY good in its own right.

The colour rush set is unfortunate, but it's only going to be worn twice a year, at most. At least it's not gradient.

All in all? It's a damn fine look.

4 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Cause it’s not pewter 

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Bingo.

Nike claims they can't make pewter.

Okay, but again, Nike uses a color they call "anthracite" on a lot of gear and the Bucs' brown-gray definitely isn't it.

4 hours ago, CrookedThumb said:

Just read a USA Today article saying the Bucs missed an opportunity to sell a lot of Creamsicle Brady jerseys.  But the Bucs have never stopped making Creamsicle jerseys for sale.  They were even making Jameis Winston Creamsicles.  Is there any new rule saying that there can’t be new creamsicle fashion jerseys?

Tom Brady: 30 playoff wins.

every creamsicle jersey combined: 1 playoff win.

3 minutes ago, Digby said:

Okay, but again, Nike uses a color they call "anthracite" on a lot of gear and the Bucs' brown-gray definitely isn't it.

Regardless of what it is? It's amazing to me that Nike, the largest sportswear/uniform manufacturer in the world, can't replicate a colour G-ddman Wilson Athletics managed to make in 1997.

1 minute ago, Digby said:

Tom Brady: 30 playoff wins.

every creamsicle jersey combined: 1 playoff win.

Look. I'm buying a Tom Brady creamsicle jersey as soon as I'm able to. And it will be glorious.

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Regardless of what it is? It's amazing to me that Nike, the largest sportswear/uniform manufacturer in the world, can't replicate a colour G-ddman Wilson Athletics managed to make in 1997.

If Nike's textiles aren't shiny enough for it, so be it, I can buy that I suppose. Wouldn't expect a shiny oxford shirt, either.

But it does seem to me that it should've been a touch lighter and maybe browner (though it's still not anthracite!).

23 minutes ago, IceCap said:

It's not that they *can't* make shiny pants, it's that they don't want to because it would be an entirely different material that doesn't fit their specifications on weight, durability, ventilation, moisture-wickability, etc. (no matter how small the differences actually are).

1 minute ago, AndrewMLind said:

It's not that they *can't* make shiny pants, it's that they don't want to because it would be an entirely different material that doesn't fit their specifications on weight, durability, ventilation, moisture-wickability, etc. (no matter how small the differences actually are).

It's in times like this that I remember that the Swedish national team won the ice hockey gold medal during the 2006 Winter Olympics wearing their old baggy sweaters, while everyone else was wearing Nike's state of the art moisture wicking/lighter/slimmer sweaters.

Could also simply be a cost thing - they only want to make one kind of thing, vs investing in whatever it would take to work with different types of fabrics.  I don't know - maybe different machines are needed, or because of that extra 0.000001kg, they'd have to pay the kids making it $1.00/hr vs $0.50 - or have they changed their ways in that regard?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Could also simply be a cost thing - they only want to make one kind of thing, vs investing in whatever it would take to work with different types of fabrics.  I don't know - maybe different machines are needed, or because of that extra 0.000001kg, they'd have to pay the kids making it $1.00/hr vs $0.50 - or have they changed their ways in that regard?

It’s also just a matter of sourcing the material. They don’t produce the textiles, they source them through contracted companies.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

While the pewter and red isn't bad, the creamsicle color scheme is so much more unique. It's like when you see the colors of certain teams you instantly identify it with the brand.

And The Jags half gold helmet was also unique 

Updating the current logos with the creamsicle color scheme would have given them one of the most identifiable brands in sports.

The red is vibrant and they still have the orange. Again i don’t get where the sudden love for cream orange came from. I was even watching Pat McAfee react to them on Youtube and they pulled up a fan design with orange and one guy said they looked awful 

I personally think red and pewter are much better fit for a pirate team than tangerine orange

Dark red and pewter is also unique and instantly identifiable to the Bucs, probably more so given the fact they won a super bowl in them

2 hours ago, Digby said:

We are simultaneously mocking Nike’s “inability“ to match team colors, and its penchant for too-cute, oh-so-marketable color names.

Archived