MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

I hope that the Marlins stay away from the Vice look. It's great for the Heat, but I'd hate for the Marlins' identity to become a semi-knock off of a Heat alternate jersey. Well, in some ways the Marlins latest rebrand is Heat-lite. The Marlins were either going for a neon light vibe or for a monochromatic streetwear look that also inspired last season's ill-fated player's weekend uniforms. Whatever they were trying to achieve, it still hasn't worked for me as much as I'd like to get used to it. Thickening the outlines wouldn't do enough to solve the monochrome problem and, frankly, would probably look even worse. They just need to have blue wordmarks instead of black. And add some more color to the logo. It still wouldn't be a great set, but it would definitely be a noticeable improvement. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I came across this photo a little bit ago but there wasn’t really a place to talk about it...

4xnhtJL.jpg
... Absolutely abysmal. Even in a non-overly-edited photo in broad daylight, the only thing visible on the jersey is the Nike logo. 

The Marlins have two options of gorgeous colors they could own from their history — the current bright blue or the past teal — and yet they choose to embrace neither. 

I for one would have loved to see the Marlins copy off of the Vice look and run with it, it would have looked way better than the bland and at times non-functional set they have now. 

Whoever greenlighted the Marlins black jerseys should MOD EDIT.   Even in HD, you can't read the numbers most of the time.  How the hell do you spend all the time it takes to establish a new identity and come up with something that's basically just black?  All black... for Miami?

MOD EDIT: There are better ways to make your point, Vet. Maybe a little less with the unhinged next time.

Thanks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, the Marlins really got away with a terrible rebrand, mostly because early on they painted a few murals or something. Then they unveiled uniforms that are not legible and people were just like "well at least that horrible Futura M is gone!" It's the worst they've ever looked, and they've looked pretty bad before.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Whoever greenlighted the Marlins black jerseys MOD EDIT.

Calm down.

On the actual jerseys: I think they had a decent idea to emulate that Miami neon look but forgot that, while thin bright colors “pop” in actual neon contexts, that’s not happening here even with the modern polyester technology. Maybe they should have gone for glow in the dark thread, or embedded LED strips.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Hate the black uniforms but the rest of the set I'm surprisingly a fan of. Not as great as the past teal and black, but I don't think it's as bad as people say. 

They aren't terrible. The blue and marlin red (or whatever they call it) need to be thickened a little and I think it will resolve most of the issues. 

Would I prefer teal. YES

But the shade of blue and red/orange that they selected isn't terrible. 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:37 AM, primonito said:

The Marlins should take a page from the Miami Heat vice jerseys. Black jersey with neon blue city name and neon red numbers (keep the same Marlin fonts and shades of blue & red).

It would achieve the neon vibe while making it more legible. spacer.png

pGexzYl.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, the Marlins really got away with a terrible rebrand, mostly because early on they painted a few murals or something. Then they unveiled uniforms that are not legible and people were just like "well at least that horrible Futura M is gone!" It's the worst they've ever looked, and they've looked pretty bad before.

Their whole problem with this identity and the prior one is the insistence of black as the main color.  For a Miami team they should be embracing the bright colors and leave black completely out of it.

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

pGexzYl.png

that would certainly work. One of my issues with it (besides the colors) is that it’s a script that’s not a script - it’s basically just individual letters with connectors, if that makes sense. A more organic-looking script in those colors would go a long way to making them look like a real major league team. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, selgy said:

Maybe something like this

A2IRobQ.png

Wonder what that would look like replacing the navy blue?

• Current Colors
  • 2001-2007 Blue
  • Phantom Blue

mG1obkA.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

Series Finale Of The Sopranosed

Actually the reverse. Just satire of internet overreaction that came across as the very thing it was mocking. Satire of itself. Oops. 

15 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Hate the black uniforms but the rest of the set I'm surprisingly a fan of. Not as great as the past teal and black, but I don't think it's as bad as people say. 

I know I have a much more fervent hatred of this set than most do on here, but I'm still surprised when I hear people say this.

Black alternates aside, the home whites have only the tiniest hint of color in them. It's pretty outrageous. How is this absence of color remotely acceptable for a city that touts its vibrancy and wears its gaudiness on its sleeve? The red and blue are merely whispered into this uniform.

USATSI_14939660.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Archived