MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

You can see it in that shot you posted. It’s the archway entrance that has the Braves script signage. Admittedly, it’s very subtle and not the best use of inspiration. Here’s a straight on shot from the main site.

I'm such an idiot, I was looking everywhere around it. We've all done something like that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I'm such an idiot, I was looking everywhere around it. We've all done something like that.

Ha. I did the same with that photo you posted. I kept looking and looking at it thinking “he’s got a point,” until I saw it on the mother site, even though it was staring me in the face on your photo. And I’m someone who has been to the new ballpark probably 15-20 times over the last couple of years. It’s not a very clear source of inspiration. But on the whole, I think it’s a pleasant enough ASG logo.

8 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Have any of you watched a Marlins game since the rebrand? Everything on the black alternates shows up just fine, same with the hats. The lighting in this picture is just awful.

I've seen them in those uniforms many times live in-person and on TV.  They absolutely do not show up fine.  While they may not be as black as that photo would indicate, they're far from legible.  There exists no world with lighting that makes them legible from distances and camera angles common to sports events.  It's a uniform that should have been rejected during the testing phases.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I've seen them in those uniforms many times live in-person and on TV.  They absolutely do not show up fine.  While they may not be as black as that photo would indicate, they're far from legible.  There exists no world with lighting that makes them legible from distances and camera angles common to sports events.  It's a uniform that should have been rejected during the testing phases.

OK but what uniform is perfectly legible from distance? Do you ever go to a, say, Braves game and sit in the nosebleeds and complain you can’t read “Braves” on their chest perfectly? If anyone is watching this Marlins-Yankees game, unless I have superhuman eyes, please try and tell me you can’t read all the uniform elements just fine. You can’t, unless you’re watching on a black and white TV from 1972.

ClAFLDa.png

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

OK but what uniform is perfectly legible from distance? Do you ever go to a, say, Braves game and sit in the nosebleeds and complain you can’t read “Braves” on their chest perfectly? If anyone is watching this Marlins-Yankees game, unless I have superhuman eyes, please try and tell me you can’t read all the uniform elements just fine. You can’t, unless you’re watching on a black and white TV from 1972.

From the distance that a TV camera is stationed?  Just about every single other uniform is more legible.  I'm watching the TB Rays in their navy on navy right now, and it's 100x more legible than that Marlins mess.  The white outline helps a lot.

Even the "nosebleeds", I can tell what number the player is wearing, even if I can't read "Braves" (though I probably could read "Braves").

Your fandom is clouding your judgement.  Don't take it personally, it's an objectively-lousy uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

58 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

You can atleast read the number which is the most important thing when identifying players (you already know what team they are based on colors and if the are batting or fielding). The marlins uniforms you can’t tell unless they do a close up shot.

3 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

I was watching the Marlins tonight on an iPad and I couldn’t read the front script of the pitchers’ jerseys from the center field camera. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My Marlins fixes:

simply change the black filling on the jersey to blue, and the blue outlines to black. Exactly how the word mark pictures are. Wear a black hat, with the matching logo. *maybe* a blue brim?

The whites are fine with the emphasis on black imo. Sure I’d *rather* then feature the blue but I’m not gonna complain that they want to feature black. 

their color scheme is awesome, unique, vibrant and fitting to Miami. 

if I have time tomorrow I’d make a concept/visualization for it. 

Also the Rays: I hated the Rockies old purple. It looked bland and kinda off-putting. The rays should embrace the powder blue imo. Go UNC-esque with a powder and white feature with some navy to back it up and give contrast where needed. And a glimmer of yellow. (Gold sure whatever, what they’re using now)

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 9/26/2020 at 9:46 PM, flyersfan said:

The whites are fine with the emphasis on black imo. Sure I’d *rather* then feature the blue but I’m not gonna complain that they want to feature black. 

Why though? Everybody loves to tout the vibrancy of Miami and the shades of blue and red they're wearing, but how can you excuse those colors being virtually non-existent in the home uniforms? As you can see in the photo I posted earlier in this thread, the home whites are basically a black and white set with the tiniest hint of color.

Why on earth would a "vibrant" city with vibrant "colores" be fine with emphasizing black?

The most common praise that people sing about the rebrand is how gorgeous the shade of blue is (although, personally, I much prefer the original teal), and ironically it's only really present in their ST/BP uniforms. For the life of me, I can't understand why they opted for black wordmarks on the home whites, relegating the red and blue to these thin outlines that you need to squint to even notice.

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The difference is night and night.

The top one isn't much better - way too much black.

I disagree. While I am also fond of the non-sleeveless version, I've always thought that the black sleeves, numbers, and hat/helmet nicely complement the teal wordmark. The difference between the top and the bottom is that the wordmark really pops in the first, not at all in the second. That quintessential 1997 uniform has a nice color balance.

6 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Agreed completely, but the image was more intended to illustrate how nice the teal wordmark looks in recent history.

Yeah I love that uniform set, but the helmet is trying really hard to ruin it.

Archived