MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Survival79 said:

pGexzYl.png

Ultimately I would love a blue alt with Marlins on the front, but AT LEAST do this!!!  I'm actually cool with the black on the grey, and I like the script as is. 

As much as I love the Heat's vice colors, I can see why the fish wanna do their own thing, and I'm cool with that.  Just get it right!!!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

It suggests an architectural feature that I'm having trouble finding:

gate-precast-truist-park-atlanta-braves-

EDIT: I guess I hadn't noticed it before, but the Braves' park reminds me of the "Cherokee Gothic" style you find in Oklahoma:

boone-pickens-stadium.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It looks fine, but I'll be dammed before I prefer something like this over the LA logo. the logo for 20202 at least tells you without spelling it out where the location is, without the Atlanta script this says absolutely nothing. Like the entrance gate thing looks kinda like a bridge, maybe Pittsburgh, maybe SF, maybe Oakland or something, it says nothing about Atlanta. Hell, it doesn't even say anything about the Braves (probably for the best) like some All-Star logos focus on. MLB's got good people behind their All-Star logos but the NHL has them beat in my opinion.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 9/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, MJD7 said:

Yea, I came across this photo a little bit ago but there wasn’t really a place to talk about it...

4xnhtJL.jpg
... Absolutely abysmal. Even in a non-overly-edited photo in broad daylight, the only thing visible on the jersey is the Nike logo. 

The Marlins have two options of gorgeous colors they could own from their history — the current bright blue or the past teal — and yet they choose to embrace neither. 

I for one would have loved to see the Marlins copy off of the Vice look and run with it, it would have looked way better than the bland and at times non-functional set they have now. 

Have any of you watched a Marlins game since the rebrand? Everything on the black alternates shows up just fine, same with the hats. The lighting in this picture is just awful.

ClAFLDa.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Have any of you watched a Marlins game since the rebrand? Everything on the black alternates shows up just fine, same with the hats. The lighting in this picture is just awful.

Saw them live in Miami, Philly and Atlanta in different conditions (dome, day, night). No matter where they looked blank...

13 hours ago, QCS said:

It looks fine, but I'll be dammed before I prefer something like this over the LA logo. the logo for 20202 at least tells you without spelling it out where the location is, without the Atlanta script this says absolutely nothing. Like the entrance gate thing looks kinda like a bridge, maybe Pittsburgh, maybe SF, maybe Oakland or something, it says nothing about Atlanta. Hell, it doesn't even say anything about the Braves (probably for the best) like some All-Star logos focus on. MLB's got good people behind their All-Star logos but the NHL has them beat in my opinion.

I suppose there are only so many ways to use a peach theme to let everyone know this is an Atlanta event, which MLB hasnt tried yet, but every other sport has numerous times. Looking at the logo of the last MLB All-Star game in Atlanta, it seems both logos use similar Atlanta signs over support beams so maybe they wanted to tie that in some how?

1952.gif

26 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I suppose there are only so many ways to use a peach theme to let everyone know this is an Atlanta event, which MLB hasnt tried yet, but every other sport has numerous times. Looking at the logo of the last MLB All-Star game in Atlanta, it seems both logos use similar Atlanta signs over support beams so maybe they wanted to tie that in some how?

1952.gif

It's not unusual for All-Star logos to use a part of the stadium in the logo, even more so for baseball where the stadium is an important part of the team's identity at times, but the problem is that part of the stadium isn't iconic enough, unlike the Dodger Stadium scoreboards or the Bay in SF or even the warehouse at Camden Yards. Even without a peach theme, even the colors don't really suggest the Braves, there's navy and red, but a touch of gold would be nice. If admiral hadn't posted the stadium, I would have no clue what the logo was referencing. There are plenty of ways to go with Atlanta (as much as I hate to admit it) but it seems like the suburban-based Braves didn't want to lean into the scary inner city theme and instead opted for a basic logo.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Baseball Reveals Logo for 2021 MLB All-Star Game at Atlanta

September 25, 2020 - 15:58 PM

Major League Baseball last night unveiled the logo for its 2021 MLB All-Star Game, scheduled to be held at Truist Park, the home of the Atlanta Braves, on July 13, 2021. It marks the third All-Star Game to be played in Atlanta, the first since 2000, and the fifth to

Read More...

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Yea that's not a great photo.  I've seen a lot on TV and it looks great up close, it's far away that is the problem.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

15 hours ago, the admiral said:

It suggests an architectural feature that I'm having trouble finding:

gate-precast-truist-park-atlanta-braves-

You can see it in that shot you posted. It’s the archway entrance that has the Braves script signage. Admittedly, it’s very subtle and not the best use of inspiration. Here’s a straight on shot from the main site.

spacer.png

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/09/25/baseball-reveals-logo-for-2021-mlb-all-star-game-at-atlanta/baseball/

4 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

I've watched tons and I disagree. It's not as bad as in that picture, but it's hardly "fine."

Archived