XFL 2023: Third Time's the Charm!

officeglenn

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The WFL's Philadelphia Bell had more than 50,000 at their first game in 1974. It was mostly papered by giveaway tickets; but the people were there.

Technically the Bell and the WFL were a summer/fall league. not a spring league.

• LOL 1

Signature intentionally left blank

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The WFL's Philadelphia Bell had more than 50,000 at their first game in 1974. It was mostly papered by giveaway tickets; but the people were there.

The '83 Philadelphia Stars drew 38,205, so I assume that's the record that was just broken.

While looking that up, I see they played at the Vet.  For some reason, I always thought they played at JFK.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is there any particular reason why 2 out of Seattle's 3 home games have been on Thursday nights?🤷‍♂️ In both games, they drew poorly, 10,386 and 9,231,  while they had over 15k for their one home game on a Saturday night. Both the Thursday game were also pretty cold, which made it even less likely people were gonna come out on a weeknight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McCall said:

Is there any particular reason why 2 out of Seattle's 3 home games have been on Thursday nights?🤷‍♂️ In both games, they drew poorly, 10,386 and 9,231,  while they had over 15k for their one home game on a Saturday night. Both the Thursday game were also pretty cold, which made it even less likely people were gonna come out on a weeknight.

MLS the first week and I'm guessing the same culprit the next. Need time to scrub the field to get the lines ready for Sounders. 

Every other game through the end of the season besides Houston at DC (Monday night) in Week 6 and Seattle at Arlington (Friday night) in Week 7 is going to be on Saturday or Sunday so we should get a much better feel for the markets in question. 

It's football. If it's on, I watch it. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, McCall said:

I saw that Seattle had a home game this week but there was zero chance I was going on a Thursday night. Less than zero.

Today is 60 degrees and sunny. Lucky for the Sounders, I guess.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I saw that Seattle had a home game this week but there was zero chance I was going on a Thursday night. Less than zero.

Today is 60 degrees and sunny. Lucky for the Sounders, I guess.

I know. If anything, just schedule them for the Sunday AFTER a Saturday home game for the Sounders.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McCall said:

How so?🤔

Just ragging on them because they lost their home game against DC. Tight to the end, but this is my way of turning that St Louis chant on its head.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Whom?

Judging by your profile picture, you’d remember this guy as the dude who repeatedly complained about his teammates, coaches, fans, and the entire organization while with Washington.

2 maybe 3 out of those 4 are warranted, though.

Swearinger career upon release from Washington-

(2019)

Cardinals- 4 games

Raiders- 4 games

Saints- 1 game

(2020)

Saints- 11 games

(2021)

Colts- practice squad for 2 games

(2022)

DNP

But yeah sure DJ, your very notable “legacy” would take such a negative hit for an opportunity at exposure.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Like most, I had never heard of that guy so I had to look him up.  Man, what a legacy!

8 seasons, 6 teams!  He was so great that apparently every team wanted him.  I'm sure it must have been real hard for all those teams to part with him.  It's funny that he's so worried about protecting his legacy, without realizing that it was already lost the second he chose that twitter handle.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/19/2023 at 8:31 PM, tigers said:

And yet has more spectators at the ground than four or so other sides.

No flaw, just maw (more)

San Antonio had just over 13,000 on Sunday. An original start time of 9 PM, and families either coming back from spring break, or heading out on spring break didn't help. But it made getting through the food lines much easier than the opener. One thing that bugs me is that when it comes to merchandise, we still don't have mini-helemts, regular helmets, or jerseys available. The Brahmas being 1-4 and probably being 2-4 at best the next time they return to the dome probably won't help. The paper bag brigades are already forming as well. Hahahahaha!!! I'll still keep showing up though. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Sidebar: we're five weeks into the 2023 season, and so far, with no signs of slowing down...think it miiiiight be a good time to change the thread title 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||