NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

Back to the number rule change, why do LBs need 90-99 if they now have 1-59?

Linebackers have worn 90-99 for a good while.  The Bears had Hunter Hillenmyer (92) and Leonard Floyd (94), but around the league there was/were Elvis Dumervil, DeMarcus Ware, Brian Orakpo, Shaun Phillips, among others.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Linebackers have worn 90-99 for a good while.  The Bears had Hunter Hillenmyer (92) and Leonard Floyd (94), but around the league there was/were Elvis Dumervil, DeMarcus Ware, Brian Orakpo, Shaun Phillips, among others.

Yeah I know, but since they're redoing the numbers, there's no reason for them to still need 90-99.

They're effectively saying that LBs and DLs get the exclusive use of 90-99, but QBs - the most important players - have to share with everyone else (including LBs.)

I don't see why a LB should have more options than a QB, and have overlapping ones at that.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Yeah I know, but since they're redoing the numbers, there's no reason for them to still need 90-99.

They're effectively saying that LBs and DLs get the exclusive use of 90-99, but QBs - the most important players - have to share with everyone else (including LBs.)

I don't see why a LB should have more options than a QB, and have overlapping ones at that.

Only logic I see is there are up to 4 LB’s on the field at any time, meanwhile most teams don’t have half that many QB’s dress each week. Doesn’t make it right though, give them 30’s at a maximum

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 8:32 AM, DNAsports said:

Saw this concept on Instagram. Interesting take on the Jaguars helmet

spacer.png

I like the idea of the full-length jaguar, and the gold stripe, bit I HATE the chrome finish and the gradient. It's tacky, too much of a novelty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I like the idea of the full-length jaguar, and the gold stripe, bit I HATE the chrome finish and the gradient. It's tacky, too much of a novelty. 

I don’t think it’s chrome or gradient, but instead pearlescent to look different colors depending on the light and angle

21 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Am I the only who can't see this image? Can someone rehost or link to it

They made the helmet like one of those old Magic Eye posters. You have to cross your eyes in order to see it. ;)

Spoiler

Kidding, of course. 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:08 PM, Chawls said:

All within the past 5 years or less, it feels like:

• Cleat color doesn’t matter. 

On 4/9/2021 at 10:22 PM, Cujo said:

This has never mattered.

Oh, yes it has.

Until 2017, teams had to choose whether they were a black-shoe team or a white-shoe team, and all cleats had to be one of those as a dominant color.   

In 2002, Payton Manning tried to mark the death of Johnny Unitas by wearing black cleats, as Johnny U did in Baltimore.  The NFL prohibited it, because the Colts had become a white-cleat team by that time.  They even threatened Manning with a fine "of at least $25,000" if he wore the "wrong" color shoes.

So yeah, cleat color used to matter.  A lot.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Oh, yes it has.

Until 2017, teams had to choose whether they were a black-shoe team or a white-shoe team, and all cleats had to be one of those as a dominant color.   

In 2002, Payton Manning tried to mark the death of Johnny Unitas by wearing black cleats, as Johnny U did in Baltimore.  The NFL prohibited it, because the Colts had become a white-cleat team by that time.  They even threatened Manning with a fine "of at least $25,000" if he wore the "wrong" color shoes.

So yeah, cleat color used to matter.  A lot.

**Personal opinion: This has never mattered.

6uXNWAo.png