New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

The Stampeders are rolling their 75th anniversary, which should have been last season had it been played, over into this upcoming season.

They also appeared to be teasing new jerseys back around early March (and a guy on Reddit back then said he'd seen the jerseys and "confirmed" they were not just 75th anniversary throwbacks) but those teasers stopped once the pandemic started and I don't believe have returned, so there appear to be new Stampeders jerseys floating somewhere around in the ether.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Stampeders are rolling their 75th anniversary, which should have been last season had it been played, over into this upcoming season.

They also appeared to be teasing new jerseys back around early March (and a guy on Reddit back then said he'd seen the jerseys and "confirmed" they were not just 75th anniversary throwbacks) but those teasers stopped once the pandemic started and I don't believe have returned, so there appear to be new Stampeders jerseys floating somewhere around in the ether.

I have heard that the Stampeders were supposed to unveil new uniforms for the 2020 season and then the rest of the CFL would redesign their uniforms in 2021. I think Montreal would not be a part of that redesign because they just completely changed their uniforms. With COVID-19 shutting the 2020 season down completely, I hope the CFL leaves the uniforms alone for at least another season. A number of teams did make alterations to their uniforms which was not expected, with the exception of the Alouettes when New Era took over in 2019. I hope they don't just change uniforms again when multiple teams tweaked their uniforms in 2019 and have only worn those uniforms for one season.

• Like 1

Montreal Alouettes unveil their really boring 75th anniversary logo that looks more like they are honouring a dead player:

The team is also supposed to have a new alternate uniform this season to mark the anniversary, I think the logo colours are giving a hint at what we can expect

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/2021/01/16/happy-75th-anniversary/

75_500x4501.jpg

unnamed.png

• Like 3

On 1/18/2021 at 6:02 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

I wonder if we will see the new Stampeders Set and Red Ottawa Alternate Jersey this year. 

I also wonder if Covid put the league wide rebrand + the Alouettes third jersey on the back burner. 

The Alouettes' third jersey was for their 75th anniversary (in 2021), so I'm pretty sure that will still happen as scheduled. The Redblacks had already scheduled their week 7 game in 2020 to reveal their red third jersey, so that will probably be moved to a 2021 debut. The league will need all the revenue they can get and alternate jerseys are a way to get that.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Not sure how to link it but looks like Calgary got a new helmet design. It’s on Bo Levi’s Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMXn7K5h2cz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It's not embedding but here's a link to his most latest post. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 months later...

Montreal, Hamilton, and Edmonton have the best looks in the league.

I'd love to see the Saskatchewan, BC, and Calgary give their primary logos much needed updates. Make the outlines sharper so that the overall logo designs become improved and up to date.

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I'd love to see the Saskatchewan, BC, and Calgary give their primary logos much needed updates. Make the outlines sharper so that the overall logo designs become improved and up to date.

What exactly would you want because those are all classic logos.

The Stamps, for example, the white horse is the symbol of the Stampeders and I don't know what you could change. They added a circle behind the logo for a couple years, but then switched back to just the horse.

IEI5Tg1.png

11 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The Stamps, for example, the white horse is the symbol of the Stampeders and I don't know what you could change. They added a circle behind the logo for a couple years, but then switched back to just the horse.

I don't want new logos.

I just want them to be updated nicer like the AZ Cardinals or the Buffalo Sabres. Fix the tracing only.

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Did they ditch the circle? I really liked the addition tbh. Never was a fan of the plain white silhouette. Just feels lacking as a primary mark.

12 hours ago, JLJ said:

Did they ditch the circle? I really liked the addition tbh. Never was a fan of the plain white silhouette. Just feels lacking as a primary mark.

It hasn't been fully ditched, but has moved back to an alternate logo. The mothership has the switch happening in 2019, which was when New Era took over.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

On 6/1/2021 at 8:19 PM, habsfan1 said:

Montreal, Hamilton, and Edmonton have the best looks in the league.

Saskatchewan already tweaked their primary logo a few years ago. I'd still like them to go back to the Seahawks-style wraparound logo on the helmets though.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, monkeypower said:

I noticed with today's schedule announcement graphic that the Stamps have made a slight change to the 75th anniversary logo, switching "1945 (horse) 2020" to "EST. (horse) 1945" at the top.

DpzriS8.png

Not to get to into the weeds of seasons vs years when it comes to anniversaries, because it confuses me, but the graphic says "Celebrating 75 Years of Stampeder Football" while the original 75th anniversary related releases from before the 2020 season was cancelled use "season(s)". I don't think using "75 Years" is technically correct, again confuses me, but they probably aren't super worried about the semantics of an anniversary. Plus a CFL season takes place within the same calendar year, so "season" equaled "year" up until this year.

Trying to look up what the old releases used lead me to a 2021 schedule release video from November of 2020, which I forgot was a thing, using this new EST. 1945 anniversary logo so apparently the change happened back then. They're still using a Transactions graphic on Twitter with the old 1945-2020 logo, but I assume that's probably a pre-made template that nobody got around to changing.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, monkeypower said:

Still nothing on these. Maybe they decided against it, maybe they forgot, maybe they pushed it back, maybe it's Maybelline. Who knows.

IEI5Tg1.png

Here's the article that mentions the new uniform:

https://3downnation.com/2021/06/06/what-really-happened-to-the-redblacks-plaid-helmets/

The uniform change isn't mentioned until the end, but still an interesting read about the unused signature plaid helmets. Basically the manufacturers couldn't figure out a way for the plaid design to line up properly, so they decided to avoid potentially looking sloppy.

spacer.png

It sounds like they'll be incorporating some plaid into the new uniforms, which should be a hit.

2 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

It is reported that Ottawa is supposed to get a complete uniform overhaul, home away and most likely the 3rd that was supposed to debut last year. 

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Here's the article that mentions the new uniform:

https://3downnation.com/2021/06/06/what-really-happened-to-the-redblacks-plaid-helmets/

It sounds like they'll be incorporating some plaid into the new uniforms, which should be a hit.

I went back to find last year's thread when the Stampeders jersey teasers came out and @Wackyriderfan14 posted this quote from Ambrosie

“Calgary is going to have the first new jersey design for the 2020 season. Then the rest will be rolled out across the league, new jersey designs in 2021”

With the pandemic, and the resulting financial straits, they may have decided to push that endeavor back or squashed it for now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens.

IEI5Tg1.png