Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For the next phase of the series, I started to think about multi-sport stadiums. What if there was some insane rule that stated teams who shared the same stadium also had to share color schemes? 

 

On 3/29/2021 at 2:24 AM, Silence of the Rams said:

Giants would work too because remember McCovey Cove exists

 

Speaking of the Giants...

 

GIANTS HOME:

spacer.png

 

GIANTS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

GIANTS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

GIANTS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

The Giants are put in the colors of the San Francisco 49ers, with whom they occupied Candlestick Park from 1971-99. I brought back the Giants' 1977-82 script and emphasized gold as a secondary color over black, hence no black alternate. 

 

C&C appreciated! Another team will be up soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next up are the Mariners x Seahawks:

MARINERS HOME:

spacer.png

 

MARINERS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

MARINERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

MARINERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

I love the Seahawks' classic royal blue and Kelly green scheme, and I think it fits pretty well with the Mariners' mid-80s look. Both teams played at the Kingdome from 1977-99. I wanted to find a way to keep the Mariners' racing stripes, but it got messy when it came time to design the alternates. 

 

C&C appreciated! The Indians x Browns will be up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up today are the Indians x Browns:

 

INDIANS HOME:

spacer.png

 

INDIANS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

INDIANS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

INDIANS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

The Indians and Browns played at Cleveland Municipal Stadium from 1946-93, and brown and orange seem to be a popular suggestion for the Indians' upcoming rebrand. I wanted to go with an Indians design that felt classic but contemporary, so I used their great mid-1940s look with contrasting sleeve/headspoon piping and wishbone "C" logo. I just love the dramatic radial arching on the road script. 

C&C appreciated. The Brewers x Packers are on deck! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Motoring ahead with the next team, the Brewers x Packers:


BREWERS HOME:

spacer.png

 

BREWERS ROAD:
spacer.png

 

BREWERS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

BREWERS ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

From 1970-2000 the Brewers played at Milwaukee County Stadium, where the Green Bay Packers also played a few home games per season for about thirty years. A very different take on the Brewers from my previous version, this one puts the Crew back in pinstripes and uses the BiG logo and early '90s scripts from just before they adopted Todd Radom's Germanic redesign. I had to play around with the green a bit before finally settling on Good Land Green currently used by the Bucks. I'm hoping the pins, cream home uniform and gold scripts on the road alt are enough to set this design apart from the A's. Thanks to @Paul Lucasfor the consult on this concept. 

C&C appreciated. Speaking of the A's, they're up next! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Mariners set is really something else 🤩 The 80's wordmarks look great in blue and green!

Outstanding job for the rest of the teams as well, I specially like the Giants home uni.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2021 at 12:24 PM, Victormrey said:

That Mariners set is really something else 🤩 The 80's wordmarks look great in blue and green!

Outstanding job for the rest of the teams as well, I specially like the Giants home uni.

 

Thanks for the feedback! 

We're back today with the Oakland A's!

ATHLETICS HOME:
spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS ROAD:
spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS HOME/ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

The A's and Raiders were the last MLB & NFL teams to share a multi-sport stadium, Oakland Coliseum, before the Raiders relocated to Las Vegas in 2020. For this design, I replaced the current elephant sleeve patch with the "tougher" '90s version and brought back the  Old English "Oakland" script from the late '60s for the road uniform. 
 

I know you're probably thinking "Now the A's look exactly like the White Sox!" I do have something interesting planned for the South Siders. C&C appreciated! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, coco1997 said:

 

 

Thanks!

We've reached the final team in the series, the Houston Astros!

ASTROS HOME
spacer.png

 

ASTROS ROAD
spacer.png

 

ASTROS HOME/ROAD ALT
spacer.png

 

Despite not being much of a football fan, I’ve always loved the Houston Oilers’ uniforms, and for some reason their logo left a huge impression on me as a kid and helped spark my interest in sports design. Because in my re-colored universe both the Cubs and Tigers wear navy and orange, I decided the Astros would require a very different color scheme. Also, I figure one of the Texas teams should sport red, white and blue, so Houston it is. Therefore, in my recolored league, the Rangers look like the Spurs and the Astros look like the Rangers.

C&C appreciated! I'll post the Rangers in Dallas Stars colors next. 


I LOVE this!!  Forgive me for asking, but could you do a full road uni in Columbia Blue?  I feel like the gray just looks out of place alongside Columbia Blue.  These are ALL beautiful otherwise!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:


I LOVE this!!  Forgive me for asking, but could you do a full road uni in Columbia Blue?  I feel like the gray just looks out of place alongside Columbia Blue.  These are ALL beautiful otherwise!!

 

That's doable!

Here are two options for the Astros. The first is the alt with matching Columbia Blue pants, and the second is a blue version of the road uni:


ASTROS ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

ASTROS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

Let me know what you think!

Today's team is the Miami Marlins!

MARLINS HOME:

spacer.png

 

MARLINS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

MARLINS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

MARLINS ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

The Marlins shared residence with the Miami Dolphins at Joe Robbie Stadium/Pro Player Park/Dolphins Stadium/Land Shark Stadium from 1993-2011 before moving to Marlins Stadium in 2012. I went back to the Marlins late '90s look but dropped the pinstripes and added a white front paneled cap in an attempt to create a more modern, sleek design. I've always thought the Dolphins' color scheme would work brilliantly for the Fish; unpopular opinion but something about the teal and black alone without a warm color always felt too "cold" to me, particularly for a team that plays in a sunny city like Miami. 

C&C appreciated! The Padres x Chargers are next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jaytavo305 said:

Marlins are gorgeous. Further evidence that the dolphins should always wear the throwbacks, that darker, greenish teal is so much nicer than what they wear now. 


Thanks! I agree 100%. 

 

Up this afternoon are the Padres!
 

PADRES HOME:
spacer.png

 

PADRES ROAD:

spacer.png

 

PADRES HOME ALT:
spacer.png

 

PADRES ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

The Padres use the same colors as the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers which I also utilized for my second Dodgers concept earlier in this thread. Both the Padres and Chargers played at Qualcomm Stadium from 1969-2003 before the Friars moved into Petco Park in 2004 (Fun fact, I happened to be in downtown San Diego opening night in '04 without even realizing it). I went back and forth on which Padres design to go with before ultimately settling on something inspired by their 1991-2003 look

 

C&C appreciated! Washington is up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

 

Gorgeous!!  I like the alt too but this one definitely takes the cake!  Keep up the great work!

 

Thank you!

Let's close out the week with the Washington Senators!

SENATORS HOME:

spacer.png


SENATORS ROAD:

spacer.png


SENATORS HOME ALT:

spacer.png


SENATORS HOME/ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

From 1930-61, both the Washington Senators and (Washington Football Team) played at Griffith Stadium. This is an attempted modernization of the old Senators identity using the (Washington Football Team) maroon and gold paired with the Nationals' "W" and alternate cap logo. I absolutely love that 1959-60 Senators script--easily one of my favorites in baseball history.

 

C&C appreciated as always. The Tigers will be next!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a great series, a lot of these teams really should look at diversifying the leagues' colour palettes. I think my favourites have got to be the Twins in Wild colours and the Rangers in old Stars colours, so maybe I'm just a sucker for green and gold.

 

I really wish the Marlins would have gone with something like your Vice set; that's what I was expecting out of their most recent redesign. The Dolphins colours you've shown above would make for some nice city synergy too; Marlins teal just makes sense.

 

Cleveland looks good in Cavs colours, but I think the Browns colours are even better.

 

I never would have thought of volt green for Atlanta, but I actually really like it! I wasn't a fan for the Hawks, but you've made it really pop on those uniforms.

 

The Mighty Ducks colours are really fun for the Angels; definitely more exciting than red and navy! I love that you brought back the lower-case 'a' logos for Anaheim and Atlanta both. I don't like the new Ducks uniforms in orange/gold/black, but I think they would look better applied to a baseball uniform. Then again, the Angels should probably avoid looking like the Giants.

 

Growing up as a hockey fan in the early 2000s blue/gold/black was the first colour scheme to come to mind when I thought of Washington sports, so it's nice to see it applied to the Nats too! The blue top with the DC logo is excellent.

 

I've been thinking for a while that the Red Sox should trade in navy for green, so I'm a fan of that one too, though in practice I would look for a darker shade than the Celtics use.

 

Some others that I think would be cool to see if you're up for it: Dodgers in late '90s Kings colours (especially in light of the revelation they almost switched to purple), or the Mariners in the modern Seahawks navy/grey/lime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, coco1997 said:

 

 

Thanks!

We've reached the final team in the series, the Houston Astros!

ASTROS HOME
spacer.png

 

ASTROS ROAD
spacer.png

 

ASTROS HOME/ROAD ALT
spacer.png

 

Despite not being much of a football fan, I’ve always loved the Houston Oilers’ uniforms, and for some reason their logo left a huge impression on me as a kid and helped spark my interest in sports design. Because in my re-colored universe both the Cubs and Tigers wear navy and orange, I decided the Astros would require a very different color scheme. Also, I figure one of the Texas teams should sport red, white and blue, so Houston it is. Therefore, in my recolored league, the Rangers look like the Spurs and the Astros look like the Rangers.

C&C appreciated! I'll post the Rangers in Dallas Stars colors next. 

Yeaaaaaa, could you use literally any other astros uniform set 😂, the use of Columbia and red was definitely the right choice but I would love to see either their current set (or a modification of the post-sunrise 80’s set) used as the base. Love the series though, and the recolor away from sand and brick at least made this look palatable lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jwinters said:

This is a great series, a lot of these teams really should look at diversifying the leagues' colour palettes. I think my favourites have got to be the Twins in Wild colours and the Rangers in old Stars colours, so maybe I'm just a sucker for green and gold.

 

Some others that I think would be cool to see if you're up for it: Dodgers in late '90s Kings colours (especially in light of the revelation they almost switched to purple), or the Mariners in the modern Seahawks navy/grey/lime.

 

Thanks for all the great feedback! Based on your suggestion I've actually started working on the Dodgers in those late '90s Kings colors. The biggest challenge is to avoid having them look exactly like the Rockies. It's a crime against humanity but it's an interesting experiment nonetheless. 😂 I'll try the Mariners in modern Seahawks colors too. The M's current look in Seahawks colors has been done on these boards before by @Carolingian Steamroller so I might just apply those colors to the same look as my first version. 

 

10 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Yeaaaaaa, could you use literally any other astros uniform set 😂, the use of Columbia and red was definitely the right choice but I would love to see either their current set (or a modification of the post-sunrise 80’s set) used as the base. Love the series though, and the recolor away from sand and brick at least made this look palatable lol


Haha, I was trying to demonstrate that those early 2000s Astros unis could have worked with a better color scheme. I'll try the Oilers color on another Astros set once I get through the rest of the teams. 

 

Today we have the Detroit Tigers!

TIGERS HOME:

spacer.png

 

TIGERS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

TIGERS HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

 

The Detroit Lions played at Tigers Stadium from 1938-74, so I decided to try the Tigers in Honolulu blue and silver. I used the Tigers' 1940s cap logo for the "D" on both the home jersey and cap. I feel white scripts on the road uniform would be a nice way to set the road set apart from other teams. No orange but hey, white tigers exist so it could work in theory. 

 

C&C appreciated! The Mets x Jets are up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2021 at 2:20 PM, coco1997 said:

 

Thanks for the feedback! 

We're back today with the Oakland A's!

ATHLETICS HOME:
spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS ROAD:
spacer.png

 

ATHLETICS HOME/ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

The A's and Raiders were the last MLB & NFL teams to share a multi-sport stadium, Oakland Coliseum, before the Raiders relocated to Las Vegas in 2020. For this design, I replaced the current elephant sleeve patch with the "tougher" '90s version and brought back the  Old English "Oakland" script from the late '60s for the road uniform. 
 

I know you're probably thinking "Now the A's look exactly like the White Sox!" I do have something interesting planned for the South Siders. C&C appreciated! 

I like this more than I should, given how much I like the vibrancy of green and yellow. It’s like somebody stuck the Oakland Athletics into a black-and-white movie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, coco1997 said:

 

That's doable!

Here are two options for the Astros. The first is the alt with matching Columbia Blue pants, and the second is a blue version of the road uni:


ASTROS ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

ASTROS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

Let me know what you think!

Today's team is the Miami Marlins!

MARLINS HOME:

spacer.png

 

MARLINS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

MARLINS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

 

MARLINS ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

 

The Marlins shared residence with the Miami Dolphins at Joe Robbie Stadium/Pro Player Park/Dolphins Stadium/Land Shark Stadium from 1993-2011 before moving to Marlins Stadium in 2012. I went back to the Marlins late '90s look but dropped the pinstripes and added a white front paneled cap in an attempt to create a more modern, sleek design. I've always thought the Dolphins' color scheme would work brilliantly for the Fish; unpopular opinion but something about the teal and black alone without a warm color always felt too "cold" to me, particularly for a team that plays in a sunny city like Miami. 

C&C appreciated! The Padres x Chargers are next. 

Love the Marlins in classic Dolphins’ colors. I believe the Marlins actually did use orange as a non-uniform trim color and in alternate logos, in the early expansion years. Teal/orange is an underappreciated combo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, MCM0313 said:

I like this more than I should, given how much I like the vibrancy of green and yellow. It’s like somebody stuck the Oakland Athletics into a black-and-white movie. 

 

On 4/10/2021 at 1:31 PM, MCM0313 said:

Love the Marlins in classic Dolphins’ colors. I believe the Marlins actually did use orange as a non-uniform trim color and in alternate logos, in the early expansion years. Teal/orange is an underappreciated combo. 

 

Thanks! And yep, the 2003-11 alternate logo used orange fairly prominently:


This afternoon we have the Mets!

METS HOME:

spacer.png

 

METS ROAD:

spacer.png

 

METS HOME ALT:
spacer.png

 

METS ROAD ALT:
spacer.png

The Mets and Jets both played at Shea Stadium from 1964-83. This one is a pretty straightforward color swap of blue and orange for the Jets' green and black though I did bring back the 1987 road script. I originally wanted to keep black as a trim color but with the unfortunate news that the Mets will be bringing back their black alternates this season, I figured a BFBS alternate was appropriate. 

C&C appreciated! The White Sox will be up next. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • coco1997 changed the title to Un-Blue & Redding MLB (Cardinals in female cardinal colors 6/18)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.