College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Does Ole Miss have a history of wearing white pants at all? It looks so incomplete; like they're a high school team trying to replicate Ole Miss out of a catalog or something.

No.  We first unveiled the plain white pants in 2013 and wore them sparingly as an alternate.  We then replaced those with white pants with double red stripes in 2016 (along with these white helmets that I hated that came about the next year).  These were still used as just an alternative to the gray pants, but I thought they were an improvement over the plain ones.

spacer.png

But for whatever reason, Kiffin basically made the old plain white pants our new default look last year.  Doesn't make a ton of sense to me either.

5 minutes ago, reb_fan_23 said:

No.  We first unveiled the plain white pants in 2013 and wore them sparingly as an alternate.  We then replaced those with white pants with double red stripes in 2016 (along with these white helmets that I hated that came about the next year).  These were still used as just an alternative to the gray pants, but I thought they were an improvement over the plain ones.

spacer.png

But for whatever reason, Kiffin basically made the old plain white pants our new default look last year.  Doesn't make a ton of sense to me either.

I know it's tradition to not color in the middle of the UCLA stripes, but I think doing that would improve Mississippi's uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, Clintau24 said:

I've long said the only change I'd make to the uniform is an orange mask. Wondering (fearing) this white mask opens the door for more tweaks.

ACHOO!! Sorry I have really bad allergies when the seasons begin to to change 

e25900_fe5ea521e04343d19a9c6ed51556bdd2~mv2.webp

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Ducks are breaking in new black and yellow cleats in practice this week, which suggests to me that we’ll likely see the debut of black helmets and/or pants against Arizona. They’re asking fans to wear green, so I’m guessing we’ll see black/green/black for the first time since 2017. I’d be very surprised to see black jerseys, as I’m expecting those to be debuted against Cal in a few weeks.

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Gorgeous. Would've liked Auburn in the blue facemask, but finally, 2 of the teams that don't gimmick their uniforms in a classic game for the ages. Fantastic. More of this please!

Penn State football: Sean Clifford leads White Out knockout of Auburn

Had that game on in the background and the white mask does nothing to enhance their road look which is the same case with wisconsin.

18 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Again didn't know until today... "looks up"

Hopefully my comment didn’t seem disrespectful, because that certainly wasn’t my intention. The movie does a pretty good job shining a light on the significance of Texas Western in both American sports and society.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 hours ago, reb_fan_23 said:

spacer.png

See, I don't even mind this look, necessarily, as an alternate. It's pretty coherent. It has elements of Ole Miss while being different. This could work for a once-per-season "white out" game or something. But yeah, the blank white pants for every uniform is a head-scratcher.

Archived