College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

Might be a hot take but I honestly thought these uniforms were perfect.

Arkansas20Razorback20201820Uniform_15312

They were really unique to Arkansas and far less gaudy than the iterations before.

Those are great uniforms. Thing is, Arkansas fans wanted to root for a team that didn't remind them of this very fun thing., because the fun was only had by hateful jerkwads like me.

58 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Those are great uniforms. Thing is, Arkansas fans wanted to root for a team that didn't remind them of this very fun thing., because the fun was only had by hateful jerkwads like me.

Well this confirms why I thought oregon's new white helmet gave off a north texas vibe...

4 hours ago, dannykraft said:

They were really unique to Arkansas and far less gaudy than the iterations before.

This is a strong point. I never liked much of what came out during the Tapered Panel Era of uniform design, but every now and then it all came together.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

5 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I'll be curious to see if Arkansas makes any tweaks after having Oklahoma as a conference mate and potentially yearly opponent. If neither makes changes it will look like a spring scrimmage game. I understand that for both schools that is their traditional uniform. However, I never heard anyone accuse Oklahoma of looking like Arkansas. Its always Arkansas looks like Oklahoma and thats probably due to Oklahoma never changing their basic look (not counting the wood themed alts).

4 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

I don’t think those are fair comparisons. I truly can’t think of another pair of teams that look more similar than Arkansas-Oklahoma. I’m still not sure exactly where I land in this discussion, but those other comparisons just seem a little disingenuous  

When I think of OU, the first look-alike that comes to mind is Nike-era IU:

r960-fac32f884370cdb7ccd69c6cb29f5185.jprunning-back-benjarvus-greenellis-of-the

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

20 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Not necessarily. Sometimes a plain uniform fits well with an identity. See Texas, Penn State, etc

Colorado is a good example of how a plain uniform can look really good

spacer.png

While this is a good example of how plain can be good, 

Colorado Buffaloes Football Uniforms: Past and Soon-to-Be Present - The  Ralphie Report

I think these are better than those. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

6 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I'll go back even further and say that ditching this look was a mistake:

spacer.png

The pants stripe could have been better, but overall, this is really the only time I've felt they had a look that was uniquely theirs.

It sucks that Alabama, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Mississippi State all insist on wearing the blandest possible uniforms now even though they all have very similar color schemes in the same conference. It's going to get even worse once Oklahoma joins.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I'll go back even further and say that ditching this look was a mistake:

spacer.png

The pants stripe could have been better, but overall, this is really the only time I've felt they had a look that was uniquely theirs.

It sucks that Alabama, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Mississippi State all insist on wearing the blandest possible uniforms now even though they all have very similar color schemes in the same conference. It's going to get even worse once Oklahoma joins.

Those uniforms were DOA before they ever hit the field. They were selected by Petrino but he was fired before we ever played a game in them. After John L. Smith tanked our preseason top 10 ranking, there was zero chance of them being kept around. We’re a bitter bunch when it comes to our uniforms. 

3 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Those uniforms were DOA before they ever hit the field. They were selected by Petrino but he was fired before we ever played a game in them. After John L. Smith tanked our preseason top 10 ranking, there was zero chance of them being kept around. We’re a bitter bunch when it comes to our uniforms. 

There's an idea there, but I really don't think it works. Could be worse. Could be those tentacle uniforms.

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Not necessarily. Sometimes a plain uniform fits well with an identity. See Texas, Penn State, etc

spacer.png

Penn State & Texas are the exceptions to the rule. Colorado would be if they stuck with gold pants only. 

Uniforms for Week 3: 

South Alabama

spacer.png

BYU:

spacer.png

Cincinnati: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

I still wish they'd go back to the Cordell Stewart era uniforms. They look even better with the stripes. 

Colorado QB Kordell Stewart in action, passing vs Oklahoma News Photo -  Getty Images

Podcast: The best Colorado Buffaloes teams to never win a championship -  The Ralphie Report

My favorite part was including the league logo on the right sleeve as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I still wish they'd go back to the Cordell Stewart era uniforms. They look even better with the stripes. 

Colorado QB Kordell Stewart in action, passing vs Oklahoma News Photo -  Getty Images

Podcast: The best Colorado Buffaloes teams to never win a championship -  The Ralphie Report

My favorite part was including the league logo on the right sleeve as well. 

Agreed 100%...but what really made these great was the darker gold (the helmets were slightly darker, stripes were a bit darker, and the pants were definitely a darker shade with the shiny fabric). The light beige CU now is just blah.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I could not agree more. It stinks that A&M went back to a look that has absolutely zero character. The unique number font helps a little but it reminds me of a toned down vikings font. Besides that its just a stock maroon uniform with the school name above the numbers. If they just would have kept the shoulder stripes from the last set I think it would be perfect as that could be a unique element to help stand out.

Archived