College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

OH. MY. GOD. 😍

That oughtta be interesting. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

OH. MY. GOD. 😍

C.G., buddy, you're so consistent. Whenever anyone in college football does something grievously hideous, you'll not only be the first to post it, but you'll also love it! 😁

Do you get some sort of alert for this stuff?

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

C.G., buddy, you're so consistent. Whenever anyone in college football does something grievously hideous, you'll not only be the first to post it, but you'll also love it! 😁

Do you get some sort of alert for this stuff?

😆 Nah I just got a lot of sources 

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

19 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

The O isn't a good helmet logo by itself. The wings are definitely their best option. It's unique to Oregon (even though teams like Rice tried to copy it), and it looks way better than the basic O

I fail to see how the “O” is a bad logo. What makes it worse than any other monogram for a helmet logo. If anything it’s better than the majority of them being a custom font and not some variation of block.

For the third straight home game against the Beavers (2017, 2019, and now 2021), the Ducks will be in all-green on Saturday. This is their fourth time wearing the green jerseys this year, with each of those times having a different color helmet/pant pairing. This is also just the second appearance of the new green lids this year.

The Beavers seem to hinting at black/orange/orange on their pinned tweet, so it’s very possible we’ll get a color vs. color matchup for the second year in a row:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

My ideal Oregon uniform would have the wings on the helmet, but the O at the base of the collar and the hip of the pants.  And the cartoon duck head on the sleeves.

And as long as I'm spinning it out, they'd have only apple green and yellow uniform elements... no black, gray, silver, charcoal, volt, nightmare, or baby puke.

And now that I think about it, they should go full Alabama and have one helmet (green), two jerseys (green and white) and one pair of pants (yellow) for the entire season.  At this point, that would be the most radical and shocking thing they could do. 100 percent more forward thinking than the tired ever changing circus of mix and match they've been driving into the ground all these years.

17 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

My ideal Oregon uniform would have the wings on the helmet, but the O at the base of the collar and the hip of the pants.  And the cartoon duck head on the sleeves.

And as long as I'm spinning it out, they'd have only apple green and yellow uniform elements... no black, gray, silver, charcoal, volt, nightmare, or baby puke.

And now that I think about it, they should go full Alabama and have one helmet (green), two jerseys (green and white) and one pair of pants (yellow) for the entire season.  At this point, that would be the most radical and shocking thing they could do. 100 percent more forward thinking than the tired ever changing circus of mix and match they've been driving into the ground all these years.

I don’t necessarily agree with the last part, but I’m 100% with you on your ideal Oregon uniform. Basically their 2015 Rose Bowl uniform, but with the winged helmets and the “O” added to the hip of the pants. I personally don’t mind the black and Nightmare green, just think they need to pick one or the other. As for the silver, charcoal, volt, etc., they definitely don’t need any of those colors and would do themselves a favor by dropping them all permanently.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, dont care said:

I fail to see how the “O” is a bad logo. What makes it worse than any other monogram for a helmet logo. If anything it’s better than the majority of them being a custom font and not some variation of block.

I think it's a fine logo, but it is extremely football-specific (the shape is based on Autzen Stadium) which is kind of unfortunate when it's supposed to represent their entire athletic department. I also think their modern "Fighting Duck" logo is better than the O.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

11 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think it's a fine logo, but it is extremely football-specific (the shape is based on Autzen Stadium) which is kind of unfortunate when it's supposed to represent their entire athletic department. I also think their modern "Fighting Duck" logo is better than the O.

I don't think that particular fact disqualifies the logo to be used for other sports. Most people wouldn't know, and if informed, wouldn't care.

Also, it's not rare in any way for football asthetics to bleed into other college sports... Check out the hockey helmets worn by Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Michigan.

20 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The “O” has become an iconic mark at this point, and it’s even used in the primary university logo as well as for the athletic department. And the shape isn’t just Austen Stadium, the inside oval represents the track at historic Hayward Field. It came about because the football program originally played at Hayward Field before Autzen was built, so the logo represented that history. A lot of people don’t even know that’s what the logo represents; they see the “O” and immediately just think of Oregon (which is the point). It’s an incredibly distinctive and immediately recognizable mark for the athletic department and university as a whole, and should never be replaced IMO. The Fighting Duck logo is great; I loved it when it was introduced in 2011 and have been happy to see its increased use across the athletic department ever since. That said, it should never be more than a secondary logo and for something like the football helmets, the wings and the standalone “O” on the sides are both better options.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah, I think the 2015 Rose Bowl uniform will always remain as the best uniform Oregon will ever wear, “O” logo and all.

qQQrvnl.jpg

Make white, yellow, black, and maybe even dark green variations of this uniform (similar to @fouhy12’s images above), and Oregon has all of the mix-and-match combos they’d ever need.

44 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

This template is as good as it got for Oregon:

gettyimages-457136630.jpg

gettyimages-458245002.jpg

31 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Yeah, I think the 2015 Rose Bowl uniform will always remain as the best uniform Oregon will ever wear, “O” logo and all.

qQQrvnl.jpg

Make white, yellow, black, and maybe even dark green variations of this uniform (similar to @fouhy12’s images above), and Oregon has all of the mix-and-match combos they’d ever need.

Yep, that template was perfect for the Ducks.  They ended up having two white versions, the black version, and the apple green version of that design in 2015, but it wasn’t really a “full” set. It was more of a bridge between their Speed Machine set (2012-2014) and the collection of one-offs that came in 2016. Remove the word marks from the pants,  slap the “O” logo on the hip, and make a yellow version (maybe also a dark green version like you said) and it’d be a pretty perfect set. I also think that template would look even better with their current winged helmets which have a more streamlined wing design. Their current white, black, apple green, and yellow lids would work great with that design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, MNtwins3 said:

The O isn't a good helmet logo by itself. The wings are definitely their best option. It's unique to Oregon (even though teams like Rice tried to copy it), and it looks way better than the basic O

How? It's no different from the many other teams who have a single letter on the side of the helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived