College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably biased but as someone who hates the US flag within logo on helmet/hat/jersey thing, the Gators helmet actually looks pretty good. Helps they kept it blue and orange. Apparently that is red... I can't tell. 

Ahhhh... just look at all of those matching stripes. Beautiful!

Edit: now that I've seen it's red, I'm not a fan.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I was hoping and expecting to see G/W/G, but I also had no idea they were keeping those new white helmets under wraps. I think the all-white looks great and am just happy that they’re showcasing the apple green instead of wearing black and silver like the 2015 National Championship game. Will definitely be a good looking matchup and hopefully a good game as well!

I like that they're experimenting with the wing color on the helmets in this set.  I remember plenty of people hoping they'd go with green wings on the helmets way back in 2012 and then 2018 when the wings came back.

26 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm not against the flag, I just hate to see it forced into a logo.  Just make a flag decal on the back!

Without all of these flag and 9/11/01 incorporations I would have totally forgotten the 20th anniversary of this horrible and tragic event. Thank goodness we have college football to remind us.

Tennessee will honor former coach Johnny Majors by wearing orange tops and pants against Pitt this weekend. No word if Pitt will be doing anything to honor the man who was their former coach as well. I suppose the fact they are wearing the colors from the era he coached is enough to ask for.

Arizona State going maroon/maroon/white with white facemasks on the new color-shift helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ll be really curious to see how the color-shift helmets look in action. My worry is that they’ll end up looking more copper/orange than anything which, while appropriate for the region, doesn’t really match their maroon or gold. This combo is fine, the white decals, stripes, and facemasks on the helmets don’t really match the jerseys at all but at least they do tie in to the pants.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

51 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Arizona State going maroon/maroon/white with white facemasks on the new color-shift helmets:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ll be really curious to see how the color-shift helmets look in action. My worry is that they’ll end up looking more copper/orange than anything which, while appropriate for the region, doesn’t really match their maroon or gold. This combo is fine, the white decals, stripes, and facemasks on the helmets don’t really match the jerseys at all but at least they do tie in to the pants.

I never thought the 2017 rams would be an inspirational uniform yet here we are.

22 hours ago, guest23 said:

Without all of these flag and 9/11/01 incorporations I would have totally forgotten the 20th anniversary of this horrible and tragic event. Thank goodness we have college football to remind us.

In an age when schools are using uniforms to "sell" themselves to recruits. It seems like they are using 9/11 as a marketing tactic. Just seems disrespectful to me and unnecessary. Put a remembrance sticker on the helmets, paint a ribbon on the field, make tribute videos or even wear special hats. A tribute can be done in a respectful manner. Not something to draw attention to yourselves. 

It would be like a girl on instagram posting a picture wearing an american flag bikini but having the 9/11 memorial in the background and a caption that says "Never Forget."

16 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Not in love with the color balance of the rest of the uniform, but I love this helmet. Script logos are pretty hot atm.

Not sure why they had to go with the asymmetric design though. 

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Tennessee will honor former coach Johnny Majors by wearing orange tops and pants against Pitt this weekend. No word if Pitt will be doing anything to honor the man who was their former coach as well. I suppose the fact they are wearing the colors from the era he coached is enough to ask for.

Vols database came up with a good throwback idea, too bad they won't be going with that. It was based off of this jersey:

Vintage tennessee vols shirt | Etsy

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Considering that ASU (and Arizona) both had Copper helmets at one point in their wardrobe, I wonder if that was the plan for these color changing helmets to take place of a "copper" helmet for them. Probably not but still, a man can dream..

Archived