2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

13 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

Yes. Yes it was. 

spacer.png

Ah, yes...the five-mile-wide pants stripes.

Let's see the 49ers bring THOSE back! 😃

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

If we get a Super Bowl rematch this year, would the Chiefs stick with their home uniforms or would they decide to wear white and force the Bucs into their (apparently unlucky) red jerseys?

Well, I'm hoping it's a decision we get to see be made.

The BUCS can't possibly view their red uniforms as unlucky, it's more to the contrary.  They won their wildcard playoff game last season in Washington wearing the red over pewter and recently beat the BILLS wearing the red w/ white pants.

I just think they like wearing their white and have been quite successful in them.  They won their Divisional and NFC Championship games while wearing white over pewter last season and lest we forget them beating KC in the Super Bowl again with white over pewter.

The one combo I'd like to see TB wear is the pewter jerseys over their white pants.  That'd look damn cool, the mono-pewter look when they've worn it is overkill ...

Super Bowl rematch?  I sure as hell hope not!!

LETS GOOOOO BUFF-AAAAAA-LOOOOO!!!!    🦬 🦬 🦬 🦬 🦬 

4 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

The BUCS can't possibly view their red uniforms as unlucky, it's more to the contrary.  They won their wildcard playoff game last season against Washington while wearing the red over pewter and recently beat the BILLS wearing the red w/ white pants.

It's more to the contrary with the white over pewter.  They won their Divisional and NFC Championship games while wearing white over pewter and let's not forget beating KC in the Super Bowl also wearing white over pewter.

The one combo I'd like to see TB wear is the pewter jerseys over their white pants.  That'd look damn cool, the mono-pewter look when they've worn it is overkill IMO.

I think pewter over white would look better, but the issue with the pewter set is no black and no orange…which is featured on the pant stripe on both the white and regular pewter pants and the number trim on those corresponding jerseys. I actually think the pewter jersey and their pants  is more of a recolor of the bucco Bruce set with a ship added on the sleeve.

KISSwall09.jpg

8 minutes ago, hormone said:

I think pewter over white would look better, but the issue with the pewter set is no black and no orange…which is featured on the pant stripe on both the white and regular pewter pants and the number trim on those corresponding jerseys. I actually think the pewter jersey and their pants  is more of a recolor of the bucco Bruce set with a ship added on the sleeve.

The could get an alternate set of white pants with a red and pewter stripe.

2 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

The could get an alternate set of white pants with a red and pewter stripe.

Now that would be a really good idea of choice, and it's not like it's never been done by other clubs.  Just off the top of my head I'm pretty sure that Denver has more than one set of white pants. 

Tampa is one of the few teams that look good with an inverted jersey color.  For example I hate the BILLS red jerseys but could probably tolerate it for one game if we had a set of white pants to go with them.   Red-red-red is just far too much, just overkill .. 

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

Ah, yes...the five-mile-wide pants stripes.

Let's see the 49ers bring THOSE back! 😃

Seems like piping had the thickness back then. Love em!   Not sure where but I read that in the late 80s, the 9ers piping was actually functional. The 3 strips were actually a stretchy material that allowed for less restricted movement. I don't think this is from a dream I had where I was reading an article but ... 😆 Can anyone verify?

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

The BUCS can't possibly view their red uniforms as unlucky, it's more to the contrary.  They won their wildcard playoff game last season in Washington wearing the red over pewter and recently beat the BILLS wearing the red w/ white pants.

Their bad luck is the New Orleans Saints in the regular season, not the red jersey. This was the only team they wore red over pewter against this season and they lost both games. And last year they lost in in 38-3 in it.  They haven't had much bad luck in red otherwise.

1 hour ago, Est1980 said:

Seems like piping had the thickness back then. Love em!   Not sure where but I read that in the late 80s, the 9ers piping was actually functional. The 3 strips were actually a stretchy material that allowed for less restricted movement. I don't think this is from a dream I had where I was reading an article but ... 😆 Can anyone verify?

There is no “piping” on that uniform

20 hours ago, Cujo said:

Did it myself.

1000% better without the moon/banana.

FJg-Q05VQAE0HDt?format=png&name=large

It’s definitely much better, but that final spiral still feels missing to me. Ever since the Rams switched to the new design, they’ve no longer felt like the Rams, instead they feel like a Walmart version of themselves, and I don’t use that term lightly. Your fix makes the most of it, though.

20 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't know why the horn on the helmet didn't look like this. The detail adds alot to the idea that it's a ram horn and not some crescent moon thing.

rams_wbg.png

Without the blue line separating the two, this could work. It’s just tough to not see them as two separate shapes as-is because so many other designs use dark outlines in order to divide different shapes from each other. The gradients would do well to add that three-dimensional quality to it, though.

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

I think CSU has the shape right.  Thicker but keeps the curl back:

USATSI_9532730-1.jpg

Interesting that the two horns pictured have completely different shape and color. I probably prefer the one on the left in both aspects.

This might belong in the concept thread, but this is what I’d do if I could only change as little as possible to the Rams’ current set, while still making it tolerable. 

The changes:

1) No more segments in the helmet, sleeves, or numbers. 

2) White jersey becomes the primary away

3) The “Sol” shade they use actually looks pretty good in digital applications, but for the real-life uniforms, they would just go back to the previous athletic gold shade, the same that the Packers, Steelers, and Chargers use.

With just those three changes, I think the Rams could go from a bottom-3 uniform in the league to at least Top 20, maybe even the top half of the league.

fX0b3hg.png

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

As much as I want blue over yellow, I’d be just fine with blue over bone. Just don’t do all blue.

Bone jerseys and bone pants should not be worn with yellow or blue garments. That wasn't the original plan.  A'll Bone should be an alternate set, and new white jersey the norm, but that's another issue.  

14 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Bone jerseys and bone pants should not be worn with yellow or blue garments. That wasn't the original plan.  A'll Bone should be an alternate set, and new white jersey the norm, but that's another issue.  

The way I process this-

spacer.png

Is that I look at it like these-

spacer.png
spacer.png

It helps lessen the weirdness level thinking of them this way.

Something I admire looking back at old Rams helmets is how substantial the horns were coming from the front of the helmet. I feel like the horns ought to be large and imposing, and they got it right in the earlier days:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Compare that to both horns used in the last few years, and the horns’ narrower sizes seem lacking and much less imposing:

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s one of those instances where I completely understand the why of it and that function on modern helmet shells dictates the use of narrower horns, but it’s still a loss in my book. The larger horns of the Rams’ early years just looked so much better to me, and put off a much more powerful and imposing impression from a design standpoint.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived