NFL Number Changes 2021

DCarp1231

Any word on what number Tim Tebow is supposed to wear in Jacksonville? He could wear 15 at tight end if it's available with the new rules right?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he'll just have a giant cross instead of a number.  Pander all the way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Any word on what number Tim Tebow is supposed to wear in Jacksonville? He could wear 15 at tight end if it's available with the new rules right?

A lot of sports social media accounts (they don’t hold much ground) have him photoshopped wearing 80 or 85. Which I guess would make sense

Relax, nobody is ridiculing him for his beliefs.  

I'll ridicule him if he pressures Minschew (sp?) for his number rather than take a number more appropriate for a free agent that hasn't played for years and has zero accomplishments at his position.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, nuordr said:

WOW! So Tebow has never said a negative thing about anyone; yet he is ridculed because of his beliefs? That is just wrong! 

Where was I ridiculing him? It’s a joke. I’m sure he could take a joke from an anonymous poster on a message board if he ever even sees it. I doubt he’d even care.

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

WOW! So Tebow has never said a negative thing about anyone; yet he is ridculed because of his beliefs? That is just wrong! 

It's never been about ridiculing Tebow for his beliefs. It's about poking fun at his fans that idolize him as if he's somehow more righteous than all the other players with strong religious beliefs. Tebow himself seems like an okay guy. His rabid fans are insufferable.

spacer.png

Eagles signed Ryan Kerrigan, who I assume will have to take advantage of the new number rules since there's no available numbers in the 90s, 70s, or 50s for him (unless he takes 90 or 93 from a draft pick.)

33 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Eagles signed Ryan Kerrigan, who I assume will have to take advantage of the new number rules since there's no available numbers in the 90s, 70s, or 50s for him (unless he takes 90 or 93 from a draft pick.)

There could be a chance he grabs his college number (94) from DE Josh Sweat

spacer.png

I don’t know much about Eagles players to know if Sweat has made much of an impact to keep his number

Sweat’s going to be on the team and play, so he’d be in the same boat and have to leverage the rule to wear something silly like #3. 

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

His college number was 9 which is currently available

It’s not really available. Especially not to some defensive guy. It ain’t retired, but it ain’t available.  

Archived