NFL Number Changes 2021

DCarp1231

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeSean Jackson will wear 1 for the Rams. He previously wore 1 while in college at Cal.

spacer.png

His previously issued number 11 upon arrival in LA now belongs to CB Darious Williams

spacer.png

Williams previously wore 31 which has been issued to rookie DB Robert Rochell

spacer.png

On 5/11/2021 at 5:27 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

Men's Nike Elijah Moore Gotham Green New York Jets 2021 NFL Draft Pick Player Game Jersey

My first though seeing this was "When did the Jets sign Matt Moore and why are they selling his jersey?" The new number rules is really gonna take some getting used too.

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

DeSean Jackson will wear 1 for the Rams. He previously wore 1 while in college at Cal.

spacer.png

I love how #1 looks on WRs. That's one plus of the policy change.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

19 hours ago, VikWings said:

My first though seeing this was "When did the Jets sign Matt Moore and why are they selling his jersey?" The new number rules is really gonna take some getting used too.

Rob Moore changed numbers?

Interestingly, the only Cleveland Brown to take advantage of the change is JOK - and even 28 fits as a hybrid safety.  Tony Fields is a similar small LB but his 42 was allowed in the last rule revision .  Takitaki is already LB with 44.

The Eagles signed some QB named Jamie Newman from Wake Forrest so that they have a body to throw to guys during the camps.

He's wearing #10, since #12 is not issued.

800.jpeg  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Washington Rookies-

S Darrick Forrest 48

spacer.png

TE John Bates 87

spacer.png

TE Sammis Reyes 80
spacer.png

WR Dax Milne 84
spacer.png

RB Jaret Patterson 35
spacer.png

Other Rookie Numbers-

WR Dyami Brown 2

OL Sam Cosmi 62

LS Camaron Cheeseman 54

DE Shaka Toney 58

LB William Bradley-King 56

CB Benjamin St-Juste 25

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Kellen Mond in 11...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Christian Darrisaw in 71...

spacer.png

Ok..this settles it for me. 

It was a cool little quirk [that worked better with some numbers than with others] when they first came out, but...it's about time for the sailboat serif experiment to end.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

44 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Ok..this settles it for me. 

It was a cool little quirk [that worked better with some numbers than with others] when it dust came out, but...it's about time for the sailboat serif experiment to end.

Yeah, 11 might be my last favorite number for the Vikings jerseys. I actually think the sail serifs look alright on a lot of numbers, when they flow into each other. But 11 is not one of those.  

Archived