Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 4/20/2019 at 2:14 AM, Sykotyk said:

Braves were probably the most notorious for that.

Then there's the Mets who saw the B-Mets become the Rumble Ponies and their AAA affiliate switched to Syracuse and suddenly they're now the Mets. 

The Braves have traditionally owned most of their affiliates (the High-A club, whether it's been in Durham, Myrtle Beach, Lynchburg or Kissimmee, has always been an exception), so naturally they'd just keep the brand the same, since there's no chance of the team ever switching affiliates.

On 4/19/2019 at 10:58 PM, eastfirst107 said:

Interesting, it looks like most of the Cubs' affiliates have some sort of CHC patch on their jerseys, even going back a number of years, and even if it in no way fits with a team's color scheme...probably an organization-wide thing.

EP-140919038.jpg&updated=201409142315&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80lg20150705-5862.jpgchicago-cubs-boise-hawks-away-jersey_1_5daf237048da42d58a69d40d57275983.jpg71YBQR5EEbL._SY606_.jpg

Those look horrible. The patches on the front are too big and take away from the rest of the look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

San Antonio Missions to wear loot llama jerseys on Fortnite Night

April 23, 2019 - 19:04 PM

The Triple-A San Antonio Missions will wear Fortnite-themed uniforms this Saturday, April 27, in a game against the Oklahoma City Dodgers. The jerseys feature the likeness of Fortnite: Battle Royale’s supply llama—also called “loot llama” because Fortnite fans love alliteration—whose […]

Read More...

Doesn’t that game involve guns and killing? Not a great promotion or association for kids. 

Might as as well have a Marlboro or joe Camel theme night.  

Lets get some some beer pong Budweiser themed jerseys set up. ‘Binge drinking night’.

i know there was backlash with this game and the NFL. They ended up getting rid of the jerseys for awhile. 

I think theres a reason we dont see call see call of duty, grand theft auto, or halo themed jerseys over these past few years. 

2 hours ago, MattMill said:

Doesn’t that game involve guns and killing? Not a great promotion or association for kids.

It also has a bit of Minecraft built in as well since people can build mazes and obstacles to share with other people.  The kids in my daughter's classes are more into practicing the dances at times as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Aberdeen IronBirds to honor Ripken family with rebrand

April 24, 2019 - 17:53 PM

The short-season Class A Aberdeen IronBirds are named in honor of their team owner, the Iron Man Cal Ripken Jr., as well as their parent club, the Baltimore Orioles, who are often called the Birds by fans. But for one […]

Read More...

On 4/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Aberdeen IronBirds to honor Ripken family with rebrand

April 24, 2019 - 17:53 PM

The short-season Class A Aberdeen IronBirds are named in honor of their team owner, the Iron Man Cal Ripken Jr., as well as their parent club, the Baltimore Orioles, who are often called the Birds by fans. But for one […]

Read More...

That wordmark is almost a graffiti font.  I don't get the usage, but I dig it.  I would love to see graffiti on a jersey

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

^ Be that as it may, I'm coppin' me one of those--and the cap--the next time I pass back through there. I'm loving that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Indianopolis Indians unveil Circle City alternates

April 26, 2019 - 16:28 PM

The plan that the city of Indianapolis is based on is centered (as it were) around a site called Monument Circle. Originally called Circle Street in the 1821 plan, it now includes the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, four bronze statues […]

Read More...

Really like these. The Soldiers and Sailors Monument is a fantastic centerpiece to a great city. I like the solid blue pullover jersey, the recolored logo, and the pinstripe pants to boot.

May want to amend the article title to correct the city name's spelling, though.

• Like 3

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Really a big fan of these alternates. And the fact that it actually plays off the city nickname rather than a gimmick is super appealing.

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

17 minutes ago, Maroon said:

Really a big fan of these alternates. And the fact that it actually plays off the city nickname rather than a gimmick is super appealing.

Agreed.

I'm incredibly pleased they didn't unveil "Indy Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches" unis.

• Like 6

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

55 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

Agreed.

I'm incredibly pleased they didn't unveil "Indy Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches" unis.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Or the "Indy Shrimp Cocktails." Although the existing Jumbo Shrimp team may have warded that off.

But the real question for the Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches is if the cap logo would include mustard or mayo.

• Like 3

MZnWkGU.png