Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 5/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, conesbeans said:

Are peppers in oil known for being served up along with a wooden-spoon beating courtesy of an angry old woman? Because that's what that character artwork suggests.

True Youngstown would have cement shoes

KISSwall09.jpg

Minor league promo supports sea turtle conservation

May 30, 2019 - 15:56 PM

It will be a battle of the turtles in the high-A Florida State League when the Jupiter Hammerheads rebrand as the Loggerheads for one game against the Daytona Tortugas. The promotion will benefit the nonprofit Loggerhead Marinelife Center, located less […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Savannah Bananas gradient jersey!

spacer.png

I dig it.  It's these vs. the Macon Bacon's mono red tonight.

Next week

banana_1024x.jpg?v=1517862235

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

12 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Stop these puns or I'm gonna split.

I dunno, I kinda' think they're apeeling...

• Like 5

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Clearwater Threshers play as Beach Dogs

May 31, 2019 - 20:41 PM

When the Clearwater Phillies rebranded in 2004, the nickname Threshers, a kind of shark, won out over Beach Dogs. But as with many minor league baseball teams, that did not stop the Threshers from wondering what could have been. Late […]

Read More...

This season, the WMBL (Western Major Baseball League) changed it's name to the WCBL (Western Canadian Baseball League), which I think is a major name upgrade in terms of actually recognizing where the league is. For the record, it's a summer collegiate wood bat league with teams in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

WMBL-generic.jpg -> WCBL-300x300.jpg

I've always be meaning to post of dump of all the team's logos in here, because there are some interesting ones. I'm also pulling these logos off various effort levels of websites and social media (you know, junior league sports and all) so the quality may vary. With that, I can't really find good pictures of the jerseys for all teams, so I don't have any posted here, also so not to have an insanely big post. 

This league can trace back in various forms to 1931, so some of teams are pretty old with weird history's of existence (you know, junior league sports and all).

Melville Millionaires (SK)

Spoiler

61918373_2382696245120690_10998975348825

The script M is their "primary". Fun fact: Millionaires is also the name of Melville's Jr. A hockey team in the SJHL.

Moose Jaw Miller Express (SK)

Spoiler

ddff5a_13b2addcb14143308eb3da6019a02005.

Edmonton Prospects (AB)

Spoiler

g2MPGr9l_400x400.jpg

Fun fact: Those aren't train tracks behind Miner Forty-Niner there, it's the Walterdale Bridge. which is near the stadium.

walterdale-bridge-design-edmonton-dialog

Medicine Hat Mavericks (AB)

Spoiler

logosmall.png

Regina Red Sox (SK)

Spoiler

regina-red-sox.png

Swift Current 57's

Spoiler

Ldi_wey2_400x400.jpg

They were the Swift Current Indians until last season. 57's refers to how many years the team had existed as Indians.

Yorkton Cardinals (SK)

Spoiler

54114904_1978246645805318_77283382623595

Fun fact: Angels Gold Glove shortstop Andrelton Simmons played the 2010 summer with Yorkton

Weyburn Beavers (SK)

Spoiler

a.jpg

Lethbridge Bulls (AB)

Spoiler

752591.png

Okotoks Dawgs (AB)

Spoiler

Dawgsshadow.png

Fun fact: "Est. 1996" isn't entirely correct. The Calgary Dawgs started as a youth travel team program in 1996 and started the summer collegiate team in 2003. Then in 2005, an independent team started in Calgary leading to disputes over the stadium with the collegiate Dawgs suspending operations for 2006. They then built a new stadium/facilities in Okotoks (a town about 30 minutes south of Calgary), moving the collegiate team and the youth program down for 2007. So the collegiate team itself has really only existed since 2003 .

Fort McMurray Giants (AB)

Spoiler

GIANTS_NEW_K-1-862x586.png

Brooks Bombers (AB)

Spoiler

large-logo.png

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers continue to break new ground with their one-day identities. 

On June 20, they will change their name for this season's "Salute to Cows Night" and become... the Udder Tuggers.

cut.jpg

"We started Salute to Cows several years ago and it has been one of our biggest nights of every season. The dairy industry is still very important to the state of Wisconsin and the change to the Udder Tuggers for the night is our way to show support for the dairy industry and also a nod to the dairy farmers of the past," said Timber Rattlers president Rob Zerjav. "We hope our fans have fun with the new twist on the night."

Here's the cap logo:

IMG_8549-500_500.jpg

• Like 1

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers to play as Udder Tuggers

June 3, 2019 - 15:42 PM

When the Fond du Lack Dock Spiders, a collegiate summer league team that plays at the southern tip of Wisconsin’s Lake Winnebago, debuted in 2017, there was a lot of chatter about their arachnid-based logo. As a Richmond Spider myself, […]

Read More...

• Like 1