Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

On 6/5/2019 at 8:18 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

That blue jersey with pink sleeves!!! 😍😍😍

That's why Thursday games usually have the best weekday attendance during the year. 

On 6/5/2019 at 1:37 PM, ren69 said:

Pretty sure Chanclas logo was done by Fooser Sports

http://www.foosersports.com/chanclas

I thought Brandiose had done them too! Thanks for the link. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

El Paso Chihuahuas pay tribute to Selena with jerseys

June 11, 2019 - 13:15 PM

The Triple-A El Paso Chihuahuas will honor the legacy of the Queen of Tejano music with a promotional jersey this season. The jerseys will feature Chihuahuas set in a script that emulates Selena’s signature, with a single white rose closely […]

Read More...

Lehigh Valley IronPigs salute Philly as Jawn

June 13, 2019 - 10:53 AM

Jawn is Philadelphia slang for a thing, or possibly stuff. The exceedingly non-specific term, which is popular in the Jawn of Brotherly Jawn and can mean pretty much anything, is basically unheard of outside of eastern Pennsylvania. And so, of […]

Read More...

11 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Jawn is Philadelphia slang for a thing, or possibly stuff. The exceedingly non-specific term, which is popular in the Jawn of Brotherly Jawn and can mean pretty much anything, is basically unheard of outside of eastern Pennsylvania. And so, of […]

Read More...

Being born and raised in the Philadelphia area, I feel I have earned the right to critique the usage of 'jawn'. These jawns are stupid but I also kind of like them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Read More...

Unfortunately, Jawn is making its way west to Pittsburgh. It’s always spelled John here when I see it written, so I had to research jawn.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

NW Arkansas Naturals to play as Growlin’ Chickens

June 14, 2019 - 13:30 PM

Poultry is a big deal in Arkansas. According to Farm Bureau Arkansas, poultry is the largest agricultural product in the state, and the industry accounts for a quarter of all jobs in Arkansas. This is in large part to the […]

Read More...

Augusta GreenJackets celebrate pimento cheese with rebrand

June 14, 2019 - 20:28 PM

The recent wave of temporary minor league baseball rebrands has left teams wondering what local food specialty represents their region. In some cases, the answer has been more obvious than others. For a team playing in Augusta, Georgia, there’s no […]

Read More...

New York-Penn League's Tri-City ValleyCats, based in Troy NY, need to get in on this food fights!  They have Cambridge NY and Saratoga NY within an hour of the ballpark, where Pie Ala Mode, the Club Sandwich, and potato chips/Saratoga chips were created/invented!  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Again, this is why teams do it. 

It's a one-off marketing stunt. This one happened to be more successful than expected. The problem is that teams are basing their entire identites on these kitschy gimmicks in order to sell merch to people who will never attend a game.

Indeed there were other factors in New Orleans dropping down to the AA level, as there often are with this sort of thing. But would it have still happened had they not stuck the team with such a locally unappealing identity like Baby Cakes?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NicDB said:

It's a one-off marketing stunt. This one happened to be more successful than expected. The problem is that teams are basing their entire identites on these kitschy gimmicks in order to sell merch to people who will never attend a game.

Indeed there were other factors in New Orleans dropping down to the AA levelleaving Minor League Baseball completely, as there often are with this sort of thing. But would it have still happened had they not stuck the team with such a locally unappealing identity like Baby Cakes?

I'm not convinced that New Orleans gets another Minor League team next year. Atlantic League, perhaps?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.