Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

It looks like the finalist names of the soon-to-be-former New Orleans Baby Cakes (sorry for the fans, but not for the name) are slowly being revealed. First up, the Wichita River Riders:

I think I speak for the forum when I say that I’m glad they’re not going with Brandiose.

Edited by DustDevil61
Finalist names, while
  • Like 3

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Triple-A Cubs to play as Iowa Caucuses

August 8, 2019 - 23:42 PM

The state of Iowa holds a special place in the United States’ election process. Since 1972, the state’s caucuses have been the first major contest held in the Democratic and Republican primary season each election season. For the uninitiated, caucuses, […]

Read More...

• Like 1

Yard Goats wonder what might have been

August 9, 2019 - 19:11 PM

Usually, when a team holds a What Might Have Been promotional night, the runner-up brand that finally gets its day an outrageous alternative to the more conservative brand the team ended up going with. (For example, see the Northwest Arkansas […]

Read More...

Lehigh Valley IronPigs blame typo for IronPugs promotion

August 10, 2019 - 15:08 PM

To hear the Lehigh Valley IronPigs tell it, the reason they’ll be giving away 3,000 “IronPugs” T-shirts—and taking on a new logo and brand for one game—is simple typographical error by their general manager Kurt Landes. Per the team: “Landes […]

Read More...

• Like 1

So they had thousands of caps made, also for the typo? I don't believe you. 

They also added a pug logo to the already wrong IRON PUGS wordmarked shirt?

That's laying on the lies thick to correct one mistake  And 3,000 shirts is nothing. 

This is all a ploy. 

Was this also a spell check issue too?

spacer.png

INOM PIGS

3 hours ago, MattMill said:

So they had thousands of caps made, also for the typo? I don't believe you. 

They also added a pug logo to the already wrong IRON PUGS wordmarked shirt?

That's laying on the lies thick to correct one mistake  And 3,000 shirts is nothing. 

This is all a ploy. 

spacer.png

INOM PIGS

No. That’s just an issue that could easily be fixed by not having open fronts on baseball jerseys. Sew that placket shut and it’s fine. 🙂

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:
11 hours ago, MattMill said:

spacer.png

INOM PIGS

No. That’s just an issue that could easily be fixed by not having open fronts on baseball jerseys. Sew that placket shut and it’s fine.

The appearance of the lowercase n in that wordmark has nothing to do with the placket. 

The wordmark imitates handwritten cursive, in which a lowercase n has two humps — and a lowercase m has three humps. (Also, a handwritten cursive lowercase r usually comes out as one hump, despite the style guides that instruct the use of sharp corners.)

cursive-small-b-best-ideas-for-the-house

Most baseball scripts don't follow these handwrting conventions; they present a version of the lowercase n that resembles the printed form..

2288.png

Rangers-Alt-logo.jpg

But some script wordmarks do incorporate a two-hump lowercase n.

hc50hn8jneafzerrhblzm37m4.png

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 8/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, DustDevil61 said:

It looks like the finalist names of the soon-to-be-former New Orleans Baby Cakes (sorry for the fans, but not for the name) are slowly being revealed. First up, the Wichita River Riders:

I think I speak for the forum when I say that I’m glad they’re not going with Brandiose.

River Riders isn't terrible, but it's becoming a pet peeve of mine when "River" is affixed to names that would otherwise do fine on their own. 

I can tolerate it for teams that play on the Mississippi River since that's far and away America's most famous river. But pretty much all cities are on some kind of river. How is that supposed to make you unique?

• Like 3

A few friends of mine keep talking about the Batavia Muckdogs (Marlins short-a) and the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs (Independent) supposedly swapping locations. A quick google search had the rumored move to take place back in 2017, but no recent news. Is this still a thing?

News for the Frontier League: River City Rascals will cease operations and the end of the season. This is not good for the FL. They've combined their All Star Game with the Cam-Am league and now there will only be 9 teams for 2020 season, unless another team leaves or the league folds. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, DustDevil61 said:

Speaking of the damned Baby Cakes, I attended (and publicly spoke) at a meeting of the LSED (Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District) today, asking for a status update on the franchise's lease and possible baseball replacements. The Board members and legal counsel said (as part of a public meeting) that despite media info to the contrary, the lease runs to 2021, not the end of this season. They also added that the franchise has not FORMALLY or LEGALLY given ANY notice to them, and as far as they are concerned the franchise will fulfill its terms of the lease through 2021. They did say they are committed to getting a full slate of stadium activities (particularly a replacement baseball tenant) if and when they are formally notified the team wants to end its lease early or will not renew after 2021.

After the meeting was adjourned, some board members and I spoke off the record and they THANKED me for bringing it up publicly, because they cannot do so (one board member said, "those are the kind of comments we like!). They noted that since the move was announced, team reps have completely avoided the monthly LSED meetings. Legal counsel also said they would like to see the information on Schwechheimer's participation with the Baseball Havana deal, which I will be forwarding to them.

Stay tuned....

• Like 4

It is what it is.