The Rite of Spring (AKA 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread)

Seadragon76

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Never. Winning the ultimate prize in their sport is absolutely never the worst thing that can happen to a team.

Exactly. His points in general still stand but I will never think that Cup was anything but the best thing that ever happened to this otherwise luckless franchise. 

Now, letting Barry Trotz go, that’s another story, but I wanna save my full thoughts on that for Sunday when the Bruins put us out to pasture and officially slam our Cup window shut. 

spacer.png

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Pittsburgh's goalie is getting destroyed by the Islanders. Pens down by 2, Isles get 2 more quick goals.

I could see this series go the distance, if the Penguins find a way to get back into this.

is this the only truly competitive series going on right now? that's what it feels like. everything else just kinda feels like what everyone expected to happen happening.

53Ocz8U.png

3 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

is this the only truly competitive series going on right now? that's what it feels like. everything else just kinda feels like what everyone expected to happen happening.

Well the first 3 games of was/bos series went to OT, wheels fell off for the caps the last game but it was Atleast competitive to that point. and the Bruins are the lower seed winning, also tor/mon series is getting competitive too.

Just now, Ridleylash said:

I dunno if I'd call the game that boiled down to "Toronto beating the tires off the Habs for three periods" competetive...

Eh it’s an even series, Montreal could come back tomorrow and do the same to the leafs. Doesn’t really matter how much you win each game by if you score 1000 more goals than the other team during a series but still lose the series.

10 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

Most of the "experts" predicted the Isles/Pens series to go 7 so I guess it falls into that category of what everyone expected to happen too.

34 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

When did Don Cherry call Predators "Fish Throwing Morons"? 

That's an extension of his quotes. The fans want to do the same because his insult became a badge of honour.

22 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Exactly. His points in general still stand but I will never think that Cup was anything but the best thing that ever happened to this otherwise luckless franchise. 

Now, letting Barry Trotz go, that’s another story, but I wanna save my full thoughts on that for Sunday when the Bruins put us out to pasture and officially slam our Cup window shut. 

Ask, and you shall receive.

And to think, I was expecting this series to go the distance...what a naive fool I was.

I stand by the fact that I think Washington is the ultimate "regular season" team. They'll win almost all the games that don't "matter", but lose all the games that do.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

7 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Winnipeg has scored 3 quick goals to tie it. Man this crowd would be very loud at the moment.

This game is wild.

All the empty seats in the MTS Place are covered in white. Even without the crowd, the Winnipeg Whiteout lives on, during the pandemic. Brilliant attention to detail.

How insane is it that in two separate sports, we are seeing generational talents who are stratospheres above the rest of the league be completely and utterly wasted by the teams around them?

The Oilers don’t deserve Connor McDavid just like the Angels don’t deserve Mike Trout. 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

How insane is it that in two separate sports, we are seeing generational talents who are stratospheres above the rest of the league be completely and utterly wasted by the teams around them?

The Oilers don’t deserve Connor McDavid just like the Angels don’t deserve Mike Trout. 

The Oilers failed to build around McDavid for his entire time there. That's what they get for continuing to let it be a one man team.

I didn't know Mike Smith is 39 years old, until the commentator mentioned it. His best years have got to be behind him. I'm not surprised to see the Jets overpower this Oilers team.

10 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Was reminded of that 3-0 meltdown against the Ducks now 4 years ago.

gave me flashbacks to this from the bubble. 

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets lost this game in overtime. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived