The Rite of Spring (AKA 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread)

Seadragon76

6 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

We should be thankful that we're dealing with salty obnoxious Canadiens fans rather than salty obnoxious Maple Leafs fans.

I'd rather either of 'em than deal with the salty obnoxious Knights fans.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

The mere fact that Tom Brady gets to celebrate this is reason enough to hate the Lightning when they win.

Old white guy trying to be cool on Twitter. He is such a dork.

Wonder if we'll ever hear what Stamkos' latest injury was. He missed the last six weeks of the regular season before popping back up in the playoffs, but he definitely wasn't on  top of his game health-wise. But he probably figured, after missing out last year, that if he could skate, he wasn't going to miss out on this year.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Trying to be cool? Lol it's the most benign tweet ever. It's hilarious that Brady only has to be adjacent to success to upset people at this point

I never said it was malignant. I just was pointing out that he is a dork.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, Kevin W. said:

The mere fact that Tom Brady gets to celebrate this is reason enough to hate the Lightning when they win.

I was gonna ask how long it'll take for the now-3x and back-to-back Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay (Champa Bay?) Lightning to become everyone's new favorite team to hate [on]...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 7/9/2021 at 11:15 AM, Kramerica Industries said:

Wonder if we'll ever hear what Stamkos' latest injury was. He missed the last six weeks of the regular season before popping back up in the playoffs, but he definitely wasn't on  top of his game health-wise. But he probably figured, after missing out last year, that if he could skate, he wasn't going to miss out on this year.

18 points in 23 games, tied for 3rd overall.

That's..... pretty good for a guy not 100 percent

6 hours ago, Unocal said:

18 points in 23 games, tied for 3rd overall.

That's..... pretty good for a guy not 100 percent

Keep in mind the Lightning PP was 40% through the first three rounds and him posting up on the left side and firing off one-timers is one of keys to its success.  12 of his 18 pts were on the PP. Offensively, he was a non-factor 5 v 5. 

To an extent it was the same with Kucherov. His 5 v 5 metrics were down but he feasted on the PP.   I'm not sure he was close to 100% either.  Certainly not against Florida. 

IUe6Hvh.png

On 7/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

Probably in the coming days.  It's being reported that Hedman is set for knee surgery (dating back to March I think) and Cirelli may need wrist surgery.

10 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

What if TB lost?

D-

Kidding.  I'm not capable of grading it objectively. It felt about average as far as the playoffs go.  Montreal's run was fun to watch.  We got a Toronto choke.  Maybe a B?

IUe6Hvh.png

13 minutes ago, See Red said:

D-

Kidding.  I'm not capable of grading it objectively. It felt about average as far as the playoffs go.  Montreal's run was fun to watch.  We got a Toronto choke.  Maybe a B?

TBH, I have many negative critiques about this run.

But if I'm going to remain on the positive side, my favorite moment was the hilariously strange shot of the Canadiens being crowned Western Conference Champions as the team took their photo around the Clarence Campbell Trophy.

30 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

TBH, I have many negative critiques about this run.

But if I'm going to remain on the positive side, my favorite moment was the hilariously strange shot of the Canadiens being crowned Western Conference Champions as the team took their photo around the Clarence Campbell Trophy.

To me, that was the most fascinating image. We're talking about a trophy named after one of the most hated individuals to the Canadiens. 

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, DEAD! said:

To me, that was the most fascinating image. We're talking about a trophy named after one of the most hated individuals to the Canadiens. 

Correct. Clarence Campbell was the NHL President, at the time, who suspended Maurice Richard in that whole incident. This year was so crazy, everything got aligned in such a way that the Canadiens ended up winning his trophy.

3 hours ago, See Red said:

We got a Toronto choke.

And Vegas falling short again.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived