2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Why do the referees say "we're going to begin a new game" when they start OT?  They're absolutely not starting a new game.

Because, rules wise, other than timeouts, they are. The 5th quarter would play into the 6th quarter, but the 6th quarter would have a two minute warning and the end of the 6th quarter would be the end of a half. A new kickoff would happen to start the third OT (7th quarter) with the team that lost the OT coin flip choosing what to do with the ball.

• Like 1

I honestly feel like I’ve become a pseudo-supporter of the bone jerseys simply because of the ridiculous hyperbole thrown its way. Do they suck? Sure, but the fact that someone in the 2021 week-by-week thread called it the worst uniform in league history still baffles me. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

People fear what they don't understand.

This game effectively being played in a neutral site is an interesting dynamic.

Another interesting dynamic is the Rams coach having thrown away all his time outs. Hope that doesn't come back to bite him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Because, rules wise, other than timeouts, they are. The 5th quarter would play into the 6th quarter, but the 6th quarter would have a two minute warning and the end of the 6th quarter would be the end of a half. A new kickoff would happen to start the third OT (7th quarter) with the team that lost the OT coin flip choosing what to do with the ball.

Huh?   Other than timeouts?  How about other than the fact that it ends if there's a touchdown on the first possession or a FG on the second?  That's enough to make it not "a new game".

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

Huh?   Other than timeouts?  How about other than the fact that it ends if there's a touchdown on the first possession or a FG on the second?  That's enough to make it not "a new game".

I explained why he said it. The fact it's sudden death is OT. But for timing rules, that's the setup. It's a new half. In the regular season, it's not.  Also goes until there's a winner. Another difference from the regular season.

I hope the SoFi PA announcer chokes on a chicken bone.  Gods he's annoying.  

"Who's house???"  LOL bro... if it's "your" house, you obviously left the door wide open.  Douchebag.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

I hope the SoFi PA announcer chokes on a chicken bone.  Gods he's annoying.  

"Who's house???"  LOL bro... if it's "your" house, you obviously left the door wide open.  Douchebag.

Also, all of the light boards are turning 49ers red. It's kind of confusing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Garappolo is the worst allegedly-good QB I've ever seen.  Whoever gave him the huge contract in SF should be murdered.  He does some of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

JESUS CHRIST "WHO'S HOUSE???" again???  Just say what down it is - don't be a cheerleader.  That guy is the absolute worst.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I’d hate to see Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey get rings, but man watching Donald and Miller tee off on that Bengals O-Line will be fun. I wanna see double digit sacks. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Garappolo is the worst allegedly-good QB I've ever seen.  Whoever gave him the huge contract in SF should be murdered.  He does some of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

JESUS CHRIST "WHO'S HOUSE???" again???  Just say what down it is - don't be a cheerleader.  That guy is the absolute worst.

And there's BROWNS fans that are arguing they should go after him to replace Baker... make it make sense

OMG HE'S COUNTING THE CLOCK DOWN.  Somebody shoot him.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

I honestly feel like I’ve become a pseudo-supporter of the bone jerseys simply because of the ridiculous hyperbole thrown its way. Do they suck? Sure, but the fact that someone in the 2021 week-by-week thread called it the worst uniform in league history still baffles me. 

That was probably me and I was definitely right

• Yawn 1

Have we established whether there's such a thing as 49ering? Because if so, the 49ers just 49ered in about the 49erest way a 49er could 49er.

Yup...Niners just Ninered.

Anyway, Rams vs Bengals in the Super Bowl...who'd have thunk it at the beginning of the season? 

I don't know how the whole betting thing works, but I'm taking the points on Cincinnati wearing the same white over white combo with black socks as their past two games. (To me that's also their most solid look...and would be greatly improved by thicker orange strokes on their jersey numbers.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||