2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

I remember back when the Sixers had signed to move to Camden back in the early '90s, and the plan was to erect a temporary venue that would take only like 6 months to get set up - maybe even less.  I can't imagine anything built that quickly (and cheaply) could be safe.  FedEx seems to me like that very thing - a quickly-built-temporary venue that was never supposed to be in use past one season, but somehow still is.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If Green Bay wins, then the Eagles, who were 2-5, clinch a playoff spot tonight.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good win for the Cardinals, Division hopes are still alive. All they have to do is beat the Seahawks. 

And Dallas got another taste of the Mike McCarthy experience at the end. LOL

So when they win tonight, I believe the Packers lock up home field  & the bye,  right? 

3 hours ago, See Red said:

Bengals win the AFC North on another Evan McPherson game winner.

Which serves as something of a full-circle moment for him considering earlier in the season neither he nor GB's kicker could make a FG to save their lives--or a victory.

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I don't think there will be any other team I'd be rooting hard for in the playoffs than the Bengals (maybe Buffalo, but only if they make the Super Bowl). I'm happy for the city of Cincinnati having a contender again...

As am I. Having been to Cincy about eleventeen hundred times over the past decade and change, the city and its fans deserve this. I'll be pulling for them to make it in the playoffs (except of course, under one potential scenario...haha). AND, as I correctly opined, they beat the Chiefs to do it, which now means they sow up the division and a playoff spot. (AND, not to be lost in all this...the Snatit now hold the 1 seed! The Snatit now hold the 1 seed! Now all they have to do is to go not get beat by Houston at Houston next week and they keep the 1 seed and home field throughout.)

Now someone go check on @Sport's pulse, please...I know he happier than a mug.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, 8BW14 said:

Mike McCarthy has to be the worst clock/timeout management coach I’ve seen in my life.

As JaguarGator9 would say, welcome to Dumb Decisions... I'd thought the ref misspoke when he said Dallas had taken that timeout.  Seriously, why?

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

17 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Vic Fangio has to be the worst clock/timeout management coach I’ve seen in my life

Fixed.

You have one game remaining before Black Monday to see him in action.

6uXNWAo.png

20 minutes ago, Discrim said:

As JaguarGator9 would say, welcome to Dumb Decisions... I'd thought the ref misspoke when he said Dallas had taken that timeout.  Seriously, why?

No idea. He did was terrible in Green Bay for years and now in Dallas, too. His mismanagement cost the Cowboys a chance be to challenge for a fumble and get the ball back with a minute? or so left to tie the game*

How does a guy get to be a head coach in the NFL with such a poor understanding of how to use his time outs and manage the clock at the end of games?

*The Cowboys stepped on their own dicks plenty in this game, but there’s always something with this team.

• Like 1

Just now, 8BW14 said:

How does a guy get to be a head coach in the NFL with such a poor understanding of how to use his time outs and manage the clock at the end of games?

Because high end talent bailing out his ineptitude. 

Saw it with Rodgers, now we're seeing it with Dak. 

• Like 2

Come on Packers!  You should be killing these soft losers who are wishing they were back in their nice warm dome.  I want to see 56-0 so I can go to be knowing the Eagles are in and basically get a bye next week.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Come on Packers!  You should be killing these soft losers who are wishing they were back in their nice warm dome.  I want to see 56-0 so I can go to be knowing the Eagles are in and basically get a bye next week.

Will you settle for 27-3 Packers in the 3rd?

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Good win for the Cardinals, Division hopes are still alive. All they have to do is beat the Seahawks. 

And Dallas got another taste of the Mike McCarthy experience at the end. LOL

So when they win tonight, I believe the Packers lock up home field  & the bye,  right? 

Check the scoreboard again; the Rams won.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NFL Black Monday Update

GONE

Matt Nagy

Vic Fangio

Matt Rhule

MAYBE

Mike Zimmer

Joe Judge

David Culley

WELL, THEY'RE INTERIMS

Darrell Bevell

Rich Bisaccia

SURPRISE 'MUTUAL PARTING OF WAYS'

John Harbaugh

Pete Carroll

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

Cowboys at Eagles flexed to Saturday night - I guess because they still could possibly have seeding to play for even though I think the Eagles are close to locked in to their seed, and if I was them, I wouldn't care and would let their injured players take a bye week.   I like that they seem to be flexing things in a way that reduces the risk of teams sitting players (unless they're tanking for draft picks) but as a former stadium employee, it really sucks.

EDIT:  Also, it's great to see their long playoff drought end.  It's been since 2019 that they've been in the playoffs, and that was back when they had a red-haired thumb-sucking baby playing quarterback.  He doesn't need to worry about any potential heart issues that the vaccine causes because he doesn't have any heart.  If he was a wrestler, he'd just be Jim 'the Anvil' Neid.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

As am I. Having been to Cincy about eleventeen hundred times over the past decade and change, the city and its fans deserve this. I'll be pulling for them to make it in the playoffs (except of course, under one potential scenario...haha). AND, as I correctly opined, they beat the Chiefs to do it, which now means they sow up the division and a playoff spot. (AND, not to be lost in all this...the Snatit now hold the 1 seed! The Snatit now hold the 1 seed! Now all they have to do is to go not get beat by Houston at Houston next week and they keep the 1 seed and home field throughout.)

Now someone go check on @Sport's pulse, please...I know he happier than a mug.

Can confirm I am happier than a mug. Went to the game with my wife and parents* It was quite thrilling and it's easily the biggest win in the history of that stadium. I don't think any long time Bengals fan in that building thought they'd win, especially not down two touchdowns throughout the first half. Historically, the Bengals never win that game. The Bengals lay an egg in that game and then make us wait a week, make us sweat through a rivalry game in Cleveland, and then lose that too. But these new kids are special and different than Bengals teams of the past. They were supposed to finish last, go 0-6 in the AFC North, and they just won one of the toughest divisions. They're a year early. I'd like to end the playoff win drought, obviously, but I feel good about the future even if they don't. 

It was really great sharing that with my family. My wife is a bit of a crier and unquestionably a bigger Bengals fan than I am and she was sobbing. I lost my voice and my back is sore and I probably have omicron thanks to hugging the random college bros next to me that I made friends with during the game. All worth it. 

*funny enough the first Bengals game that my dad and I went to at Paul Brown Stadium was against the 9-0 Priest Holmes, Dante Hall, Trent Green Chiefs in 2003 and the Bengals upset them then too so I had a weird feeling about this one walking in. 

• Like 11

PvO6ZWJ.png