2021-22 NHL Regular Season

CS85

Vegas continues to crash and burn with a 6-4 loss to the Blue Jackets, putting them on a 4-game losing streak and a record of 3-7 in their last 10 games, Vancouver close behind with games in hand. At this point, I think they legit might spiral out of the playoffs entirely, they look so bad.

3 hours ago, Brass said:

Completely surprised the Bruins pulled the trigger on a big deal. Didn't expect it this year.

It helps now in retrospect that they were able to extend Lindholm, but I don't see why they shouldn't be going for it. The East is pretty evenly balanced. I don't see any potential matchups where I'd honestly be surprised if a certain team beat the other. If the Bruins stay in the Atlantic bracket, that's gonna be anyone's to win. Four teams all pretty ridiculously matched up.

spacer.png

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of that contract for Lindholm. Anything over 6 years is a bit too bloated for my tastes. Still glad they got him though. 

But I understand how they're both trying to go all in now, while Marchand & Bergeron are still playing, and build a future after them. 

Because once they're gone, the window for the Bruins is going to slam shut. 

14 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of that contract for Lindholm. Anything over 6 years is a bit too bloated for my tastes. Still glad they got him though. 

But I understand how they're both trying to go all in now, while Marchand & Bergeron are still playing, and build a future after them. 

Because once they're gone, the window for the Bruins is going to slam shut. 

I wouldn’t say that, they still got Pasternak, and other young players who are good enough to fill in for them like coyle, hall, and others

So the Wild are big movers at the deadline this year too… Fleury is coming in for a conditional 2nd rounder, and then they shipped out back-up goalie Kahkoken for a depth D man in Jacob Middleton. I had heard the Leafs and Panthers and even the Avs had some interest in Middleton, so I’m surprised that the Wild got him. 

All around this is very interesting. Not as terrible as some of the Chuck Fletcher trades, but definitely interesting. Kahkonen was a serviceable goalie, but was really struggling this year. It seems that Wallstad is going to be the goalie of the future for the Wild. 

And the one good thing is that there wasn’t too much given up. So if this year is a dud for the Wild, they’ll still have some decent picks and prospects. And while both Fleury and Middleton will probably just be rentals, what the Wild gave up shouldn’t hurt in the long run. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/20/2022 at 5:50 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

It helps now in retrospect that they were able to extend Lindholm, but I don't see why they shouldn't be going for it. The East is pretty evenly balanced. I don't see any potential matchups where I'd honestly be surprised if a certain team beat the other. If the Bruins stay in the Atlantic bracket, that's gonna be anyone's to win. Four teams all pretty ridiculously matched up.

I understand the Bruins going for it, but I don't think the East is all that balanced. I'd say that Tampa, Florida, and Carolina are in a tier of their own, with the other 5 playoff teams in the tier below. Unfortunately for Boston, they're almost guaranteed to play one of those top 3 teams in the first round.

It's cliché to say it all comes down to goaltending, but that's likely the case for Boston. Ullmark & Swayman have a combined 1 game of playoff experience, so it's going to be interesting.

23 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

So the Wild are big movers at the deadline this year too… Fleury is coming in for a conditional 2nd rounder, and then they shipped out back-up goalie Kahkoken for a depth D man in Jacob Middleton. I had heard the Leafs and Panthers and even the Avs had some interest in Middleton, so I’m surprised that the Wild got him. 

All around this is very interesting. Not as terrible as some of the Chuck Fletcher trades, but definitely interesting. Kahkonen was a serviceable goalie, but was really struggling this year. It seems that Wallstad is going to be the goalie of the future for the Wild. 

And the one good thing is that there wasn’t too much given up. So if this year is a dud for the Wild, they’ll still have some decent picks and prospects. And while both Fleury and Middleton will probably just be rentals, what the Wild gave up shouldn’t hurt in the long run. 

The next 3 seasons Minnesota is going to be hit with $12 million, $14 million, and $14 million in dead cap money from the Suter & Parise buyouts, so it makes sense to try and make a run of it this year. Fiala is most likely getting traded this summer, and Dumba could be a cap casualty as well.

47 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I understand the Bruins going for it, but I don't think the East is all that balanced. I'd say that Tampa, Florida, and Carolina are in a tier of their own, with the other 5 playoff teams in the tier below. Unfortunately for Boston, they're almost guaranteed to play one of those top 3 teams in the first round.

It's cliché to say it all comes down to goaltending, but that's likely the case for Boston. Ullmark & Swayman have a combined 1 game of playoff experience, so it's going to be interesting.

The next 3 seasons Minnesota is going to be hit with $12 million, $14 million, and $14 million in dead cap money from the Suter & Parise buyouts, so it makes sense to try and make a run of it this year. Fiala is most likely getting traded this summer, and Dumba could be a cap casualty as well.

Yeah I’m very happy with what Billy G did with the Wild this year. The next 3 seasons are going to be absolutely rough unless the Cap goes up. But the returns and losses from this deadline deal is great. Going for it this year isn’t a bad idea. And the Wild have a deep prospect pool, so the next 3 years might honestly just turn the Wild into contenders again coming out of all of this. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Lightning, Panthers, & Carolina are definitely the top teams in the east, but I don't think the disparity that high compared to teams like the Bruins, Rangers, and Leafs. 

I could see any of those top 3 teams getting knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round if the other team gets really hot. 

Yeah forget what I said earlier, if the Bruins can beat Tampa without Bergeron they're right up there with those top teams. 

Huge credit to Swayman too. He's having an outstanding rookie season, 11-1-1 since Rask retired.