2021-22 NHL Regular Season

CS85

It's such a nice thing to see that Geoff Molson hired Kent Hughes as new GM, to be the assistant to VP Jeff Gorton. Molson didn't let Hughes' limited french get in the way of finally hiring the best candidates available, to end the recycling of old staff members because of language. Some are not happy. But to me, it's a great moment in Habs history to see barriers get taken down for the better. We're in 2022. I'm glad something was done about this.

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

It's such a nice thing to see that Geoff Molson hired Kent Hughes as new GM, to be the assistant to VP Jeff Gorton. Molson didn't let Hughes' limited french get in the way of finally hiring the best candidates available, to end the recycling of old staff members because of language. Some are not happy. But to me, it's a great moment in Habs history to see barriers get taken down for the better. We're in 2022. I'm glad something was done about this.

What are you talking about? He's a Montreal native who's fully bilingual and previously was a partner at a Montreal-based agency that represents a lot of the league's top French-Canadian talent.

It's pretty clear that Gorton is the one who is going to be building the team, but needed a French speaking figurehead to appease the media. Guys like Briere, Luongo, or Patrick Roy could threaten Gorton's job, so instead he went with an inexperience candidate who can be the fall guy if this rebuild/retool doesn't go well.

47 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

What are you talking about? He's a Montreal native who's fully bilingual and previously was a partner at a Montreal-based agency that represents a lot of the league's top French-Canadian talent.

It's pretty clear that Gorton is the one who is going to be building the team, but needed a French speaking figurehead to appease the media. Guys like Briere, Luongo, or Patrick Roy could threaten Gorton's job, so instead he went with an inexperience candidate who can be the fall guy if this rebuild/retool doesn't go well.

His french isn't perfect and some wanted a straight up francophone because they are picky. That's what 10% of the fanbase complained about. I don't agree with that and they are a minority.

He has an accent, but you can understand him well enough in both languages. He's a fine choice.

Most are aware that this new position of VP was added so that they could hire the best "GM" available. Hughes is Gorton's assistant.

Really sucks to live in New England and not be able to watch the Bruins tonight since ESPN is only showing it on ESPN+ around these parts. Another cash grab from ESPN? YOU DON'T SAY!

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Really sucks to live in New England and not be able to watch the Bruins tonight since ESPN is only showing it on ESPN+ around these parts. Another cash grab from ESPN? YOU DON'T SAY!

Sucks it was an awesome game too. 

PPG For the win with 45 seconds left in the 3rd. 

Surprised they swept the Caps since usually they've been dominated by them. 

But yeah, it does suck that this premium streaming :censored: is taking over everything. 

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Unless you have Hulu Live, which gets ESPN+ but does not get NESN. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

So, uh, is it safe to call it a five-alarm fire in Edmonton with how badly the Cats spanked the Oilers?

I'd say the Oilers have this year & next year to get their act together before trading McDavid and/or Draisaitl becomes a legitimate possibility. After next season McD will be 3 seasons away from UFA, and Leon will be 2 seasons away, and I wouldn't blame either one for not wanting to re-sign.

They obviously need to address the goaltending, but I don't know if there are any trade options available that would be a significant upgrade. Chicago isn't going to move Fleury unless he asks for a trade. Korpisalo & Khudobin looked like decent options going into the season, but have had terrible numbers so far. They might be better off throwing a ton of money at Campbell or Keumper this summer.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:41 AM, Sport said:

The Flyers have lost 10 straight games for the second time this season. Watching that game last night I don't get what their mission was this season with that roster. 

Trust me, we fans don't either. Sure, they have had injury problems but that is hardly an excuse.

The organization refuses to do a rebuild and instead they perennially do a retool of the roster. Finishing at the top in 2020 gave everyone false hope.