2021-22 NHL Regular Season

CS85

22 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Oh good, they'll be throwing everything at the wall to rebuild ASAP, that always ends well /s

I'm guessing that they'll use the Giroux cap space to make a big offer to Johnny Gaudreau. A local guy who can help them stay in the mediocre middle for the rest of the decade.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, Ridleylash said:

Oh good, they'll be throwing everything at the wall to rebuild ASAP, that always ends well /s

30 minutes ago, JayMac said:

The Flyers are in year 10 of a retool. It ain't working.

It's working perfectly. Hope they continue on their current path.

• Like 4

In case any Blackhawks fans were still on the fence about ditching the team:

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 1/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, BryanSmalls said:

It's working perfectly. Hope they continue on their current path.

Trust The Process(TM). Oh wait, is this the wrong sport?

On 2/3/2022 at 8:43 PM, Ridleylash said:

🤣 jesus christ, this franchise

That team is littered with players Chiarelli would have traded for if they weren't already Blackhawks. I don't even know what he'll do besides trading DeBrincat for like Jeff Skinner because DeBrincat "parties" too much or whatever reason he gave for trading away Tyler Seguin.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 2/4/2022 at 9:41 PM, habsfan1 said:

Different setting for the skills competition. I saw a segment with a couple of players taking slapshots at a giant board with large playing cards as targets.

The issue with this event was that it was too easy to get to 21. They should have let the players see the cards for their first 2 shots, but then they should have turned the cards over after that. Would have been more like actual blackjack where taking a hit gives you a random card.

As we get through another year of people complaining about the All Star Weekend, here are a few changes I would make:

• For the skills competition, they shouldn't restrict the events to only include players named to the actual All Star Game. Poll the players & coaches to figure out who the actual fastest skaters, hardest shooters, etc. are. This would make the events more exciting when you aren't trying to shoehorn guys into events they're going to struggle with
  • Some events I'd like to see added: fastest skater with a puck, goalies goal scoring
  • Bring back the young stars game. Could be rookies vs sophomores or U23 Europe vs. N. America
  • Every team should have representation at the weekend, but not necessarily the game itself. A young stars game would allow you to invite kids from the lottery teams and not worry about throwing a plug on the actual All Star team
  • Go back to 2 teams, 5 on 5 for the actual All Star Game. I liked the draft, but East vs. West would be alright too
  • If a player has been to 5 ASGs already, they should be allowed to decline without penalty. However the league should still have them involved in the events, even if it's just as an ambassador 

Sad to see it come to an end for Rask. Best goalie Bruins ever had & no doubt they will be hanging his number up in the future. Just a real shame he could never win a cup himself. (Unless you count being Tim Thomas' backup). Still, not like he didn't have opportunities too.  

IDK if I'd consider him a Hall of Fame Goalie though, maybe if he won the cup in 2013 or 19.