North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

50 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

And Vela makes it a hat-trick with a classic, vintage left-footed curler from Vela. 

Dale, Vela, dale. 

Nice to see him back. Too bad it was too late to save Bob Bradley's job.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Seems like a bad omen for your club's first-ever goal to be waived off.

On the other hand, Charlotte FC's kits are top notch. They look awesome.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

46 minutes ago, QCS said:

And Charlotte experiences its first awful reffing moment. DCU gets away with a hook before what I think was a handball gives DC a goal. Unreal. Refs don't even look at the video review.

I saw that. Brutal first half for Charlotte.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Dilbert said:

FCC has already clinched wooden spoon number 4 after a 5-0 drubbing at Austin FC. After experiencing an unexpected Bengals season, FCC brings Cincinnati back to reality.

The thing that I find so frustrating about the FCC experience is that they're clearly bad, but I don't know enough about MLS to point to why or how to correct things. I'm going to the Crew game in Columbus with a friend who's a Crew fan and I think I might just wear neutral colors. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 2/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Dilbert said:

FCC has already clinched wooden spoon number 4 after a 5-0 drubbing at Austin FC. After experiencing an unexpected Bengals season, FCC brings Cincinnati back to reality.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:45 AM, Sport said:

The thing that I find so frustrating about the FCC experience is that they're clearly bad, but I don't know enough about MLS to point to why or how to correct things. I'm going to the Crew game in Columbus with a friend who's a Crew fan and I think I might just wear neutral colors. 

FCC can follow the Chivas USA route, e.g., failed expansion club which led to MLS buying and folding the club in 2014.

17 minutes ago, BryanSmalls said:

FCC can follow the Chivas USA route, e.g., failed expansion club which led to MLS buying and folding the club in 2014.

Except in Cincinnati's case, the are real estate implications, which makes it a lot less likely that scenario would ever happen.

Chivas shared a venue and practice facility with LA Galaxy. Blowing it up left behind a lot less shrapnel than it would for a franchise whose owners invested the lion's share of $250 million in a stadium. 

When you've got that kind of skin in the game, you get a much longer leash before the powers that be are willing to label it a failure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Except in Cincinnati's case, the are real estate implications, which makes it a lot less likely that scenario would ever happen.

Chivas shared a venue and practice facility with LA Galaxy. Blowing it up left behind a lot less shrapnel than it would for a franchise whose owners invested the lion's share of $250 million in a stadium. 

When you've got that kind of skin in the game, you get a much longer leash before the powers that be are willing to label it a failure. 

MLS could always demote FCC if the league had a PRO/REL structure. 😅 (No, I am not serious about the PRO/REL talk).

Honestly, I would be upset with ownership if Austin, Charlotte, or even St. Louis make the MLS Playoffs before FCC does.

I give GM Albright and HC Noonan three seasons to turn things around in Cincy. The first hurdle is winning more than 6 matches in a season, a very low bar to hurdle.

• Like 2

Well other than being blown out in Austin I did see some positives from the team in that match. They didnt park the bus the entire game and actually had decent possession in the opposing end. Noonan also used all five subs (which was rare for Stam) and made his first sub well before the 80th minute (which is when Stam made his, too little, too late). Other positives not affecting play is the team finally listened to fans and made orange kits and posted a position lineup rather than just names for their starter grapics on social media, which again fans had been begging for)

Goaltending seems to still be a big issue. Many people didnt like Tyton and then Vermeer came and suddenly fans were begging for Tyton again. Now Tyton is gone, and after Kanns performance against Austin, fans are clamoring for Vermeer. Its the circle of suck and when a new keeper comes in and does bad its like fans forgot the old keeper was just as bad and want them back.

• Like 3

Signature intentionally left blank

For those with an Athletic sub, there's a fun read of an anonymous survey of MLS team GMs et al. 

https://theathletic.com/3162180/2022/03/03/2022-mls-team-executive-anonymous-survey-candid-views-on-owners-coaches-players-and-cheating-around-the-league/

Many good quotes but my favorite is:

“I mean, GAM, TAM, what the :censored:?,” said one executive. “Just have an amount you can utilize, don’t make it so needlessly complicated.”

I’m sure that dropping GAM, TAM, ect will make it easier for the casual fan to understand MLS as well. 

At this point it’s time to just have 1 type of allocation money but I assume that won’t happen until the CBA is up. 

• Applause 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Looking good in Charlotte:

EDIT, also, Sounders/RSL suspended in the 44th minute in Utah due to weather:

I haven't been tracking, but not sure if they need to play the remaining 90 seconds and then break again for a second half, or if they can play straight through whenever they restart.

• Like 1

FC Cincinnati just always finds some way to blow it. Up a man late, tied in the dying minutes of stoppage only to give up a handball in the box. Also the stadium had no music or working menu screens at the concessions as the stadiums internet systems were down. Whoops.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Atlas vs Queretero suspended after ultras started brawling and it ended up on the field. At least 17 fans dead. 

There's video all over Twitter and it's horrifying.

• Hate 1