Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

17 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Sometimes I think  I want the Eagles to change their uniforms, and then I see things like this and I'm  like ".........nope, we're good".

It amazes me how organizations continue to miss the mark this badly. 

My exact same thoughts too when I saw these.

Just gotta hope the Eagles introduce a throwback 3rd and that's it.

5 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

So the franchise had to rebrand because the last name was "racist." So lets scrap the logo that was created by a Native American. And then let's rebrand the entire franchise to a US military theme. The same US military that basically wiped out these same Native Americans and forced them onto reservations.

Perfect. 

Not trying to start a storm with this post or sticking up for the old name. Just pointing out the irony.

You put quotes around racist just to avoid any confusion, right? 

• Like 14

BB52Big.jpg

How the F do they not have dandelion outlines on the white jersey?  They completely took a crap on the traditions that they no only claimed that they were going to maintain, but still claim that they did maintain.

For better or for worse, the NFC East is one of the more traditional divisions, and now they stand out like a bruised and bloody thumb.  

The "using a driver for a 3" put" analogy is pretty spot on.  They could have just done a Jaguars to "tear it down to bare bones" and then built it back up over time.

• Like 18

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also reminds me of the years that Temple had that gradient effect in one form or another

maxresdefault.jpgtemple-2.jpg

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, infrared41 said:

You put quotes around racist just to avoid any confusion, right? 

Sorry, wasn't trying to make a statement about the name being racist or not. Honestly. I think I was just put those in quotes just to point out that was the basic reason. And that's not the point of my post.

The point of my post is that the entire purpose of this rebrand was to right something that society felt was wrong. And in doing that, they picked a military theme. The same military which has done quite a bit of wrong to Native Americans as a whole. 

• Like 4

Pay Arkansas State whatever you have to, build them a new athletics facility, whatever it takes to get the Red Wolves name, Hell... just take the heat and go back to Rėdskins, because this? This ain't it.

Oof.

• Like 4

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

People blaming Nike are just so ridiculous. Every team has the opportunity to tell the uniform producers what they want, it was already known that little Rat Snyder wanted black in the uniforms for decades. Look at the Vikings, Lions, Colts, Browns and tell me new mild uniforms cant come out. Its all about what you want sculpted.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

Honestly, if a 90-year old franchise is going this far off the rails with the removal of the one-helmet rule, there’s a part of me that’s worried for any future rebrand from any team at all. I don’t think I can trust teams to not look at this and get wild ideas they shouldn’t be running with. 

Give it five years and we’ll have a game with Arizona in a copper helmet vs Minnesota in a black helmet. That of course isn’t anything I’m rooting for, but I think that could be where we’re headed. The NFL unlocked the door, and Washington just kicked it down.

• Like 11

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, PlayGloria said:

Sorry, wasn't trying to make a statement about the name being racist or not. Honestly. I think I was just put those in quotes just to point out that was the basic reason. And that's not the point of my post.

The point of my post is that the entire purpose of this rebrand was to right something that society felt was wrong. And in doing that, they picked a military theme. The same military which has done quite a bit of wrong to Native Americans as a whole. 

Fair enough. I'll just add that there isn't an "or not" option on the old name being racist. But I do get what you're trying to say.

• Like 7

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, BryanSmalls said:

Did no one think the nickname through that Commanders can be shortened to "Commies", e.g., Washington Commies?

Ever since Commanders leaked weeks ago, Commies was totally being bandied about, even on a particular podcast.  Heh.  The WashingtonNFL subreddit is embracing the Communist memes for now while they prepare to overdose on their medications of choice.

The black shiny helmet is just...it's a kick to the nuts.  The rest of the design is garbage, but then you float the BFBS crap, AND a BFBS helmet that's ALSO shiny, while your main helmet is matte.

This is a nightmare.  The more I look at this the more I hate it.  I want the entire franchise identity to be mercy-drowned in a shallow creek.

• Like 14
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter