Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

Nothing says cohesive branding like a solid-colored stenciled logo and round Bengals/Lions-esque numbers filled with dot matrix.

• Like 6
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, CreamSoda said:

These are legitimately awful uniforms.  The name is terrible.  The military theme is pathetic. 

just glad I am not a fan of them, gotta be rough for them.  

Sadly, that black jersey will be the one that outsells all of them.  Because it's "For the troops"! If Army or Air Force had a version of that for a game I'd be fine with it. But a professional football team should not be wearing these.  And that back nameplate design is awful. 

• Like 9

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Pharos04 said:

It’s closer to the Arizona Hotshots but that at least worked.

As much as the AAF was a clown show financially their uniforms were all pretty nice. Better than what we've seen out of the Commanders and Rams at least. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The "W" isn't a copy of these two, but it's definitely related. It's the store where you could buy the Washington version of the shirseys @infrared41posted above.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The jerseys are overdesigned and there's no coherent look between the three. There's zero design in the pants and the socks. It's like Dan Snyder finally launched the Arena Football franchise he bought the rights to 15-20 years ago.

Woolco is a blast from the past. I'd forgotten about that place. Montgomery Ward was awesome. You gotta love a store where you could  buy a mini-bike, golf clubs, a washing machine, a pool table, and a digital watch before you even hit the second floor.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

As much as the AAF was a clown show financially their uniforms were all pretty nice. Better than what we've seen out of the Commanders and Rams at least. 

Take aim! Long live the AAF and our beloved Orlando Apollos.

• Like 7

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Sometimes I think  I want the Eagles to change their uniforms, and then I see things like this and I'm  like ".........nope, we're good".

It amazes me how organizations continue to miss the mark this badly. 

I feel like the Bucs, Browns, Chargers, and Bengals' rebrands all prove that Nike can do some nice work. The teams just have to be firm in what they want to tell Nike to get 🤬ed with their bull🤬

Clearly the Washington Soccer Workforce was far too accepting of said bull🤬.

55 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Alternative helmet just for the sake of having one.  Told ya. (Just the start... You wanted second helmet options? Congratulations.)

The "not like this" posts to come will be amusing if not for the aesthetic hell revoking the rule unleashed. 

• Like 5

Just got the branding guide at work (client is a team sponsor) and all the "the circle represents unity..." jargon is as bad as always. Just once I'd like a team to do the Homer Simpson route and say "I thought this stripe looked pretty sharp".

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

spacer.png

Is this lazy photoshooting, or is the white jersey also going to pair with the black pants???

It'll be paired with black pants and the black helmet. Pretty sure black helemt and pants will end up matched with every uniform. 🤢🤮

10 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The white jersey would be a terrible option for any team.

The white jersey would work with the Cardinals.  That gradient across the numbers is stupid though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, IceCap said:

The teams just have to be firm in what they want to tell Nike to get 🤬ed with their bull🤬

I'm pretty sure the teams are the ones pushing bull :censored: on Nike, not the other way around. Left to their own devices, Nike would be making ultra-plain glorified practice gear like they've been doing in college football in recent years.

This rebrand reeks of Dan Snyder trying to be hip and trendy and failing miserably because he's an out-of-touch douche. These uniforms feel like they're from 2012, not 2022.

• Like 4

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

At least the gold of the helmet ties into

*squints really hard*

the Nike swoosh on the white jersey.

Good job Nike, another victim of your logo being the only sign of a team color.

• Like 9

VmWIn6B.png

1 minute ago, Shumway said:

Just got the branding guide at work (client is a team sponsor) and all the "the circle represents unity..." jargon is as bad as always. Just once I'd like a team to do the Homer Simpson route and say "I thought this stripe looked pretty sharp".

572.jpg

• Like 12