Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

I'm betting the black jersey is real. The "2021" doesnt mean anything. I've seen game worn jerseys have a different year on the Nike jock tag than when it was worn. It's way too nice of quality to be a fake jersey. 

Also..notice something is covered up in the top right patch-area....ugh... (consistent with the other banner leaks).

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would this be the first we see a team unveil four different jerseys at once? As well as seemingly dividing the four jerseys into two sets? One traditional burgundy and gold while the other is less gold and more black heavy?

Wait until they throw us off by unveiling the black jersey and a gold-devoid white jersey as the primaries and use the burgundy and it’s white counterpart as “legacy” and “legend” jerseys

Didn’t the Rams or Chargers do that when the unis were updated for the new stadium. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would this be the first we see a team unveil four different jerseys at once? As well as seemingly dividing the four jerseys into two sets? One traditional burgundy and gold while the other is less gold and more black heavy?

Wait until they throw us off by unveiling the black jersey and a gold-devoid white jersey as the primaries and use the burgundy and it’s white counterpart as “legacy” and “legend” jerseys

The Chargers unveiled 4 jerseys/uniforms at once. Though 1 White and 3 different blues.

itzrmxzogdv5s1bvbjh8.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I'm betting the black jersey is real. The "2021" doesnt mean anything. I've seen game worn jerseys have a different year on the Nike jock tag than when it was worn. It's way too nice of quality to be a fake jersey. 

Also..notice something is covered up in the top right patch-area....ugh... (consistent with the other banner leaks).

I think it’s the COMMANDERS word mark as it’s not under the NFL logo. 

• Like 1

Personally glad they didn't go with Redtails. Staying away from marginalized groups of people, even if done in a positive light, seems like a good idea in the modern world of sports branding, and particularly for this franchise.

Also seems a bit silly to ding Commanders for being generic in a league of Titans, Lions, Bears, Giants, Jets, Panthers, Eagles, Falcons, Cowboys, Rams, Cardinals,  etc. The NFL is not exactly overflowing with unique, topical names. Missed opportunity for something better, sure, but not the worst by any stretch.

• Like 6

This is obvious and dumb, but also kind of salient:

Like, "Washington Commies" does nothing for me, but the people for who it will do a lot will really, really enjoy it.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Can we agree that when they unveil the real 32s logo, this will go down as the biggest troll / swerve that a pro franchise has ever put on?  If it's not commanders, I might have to make them my adopted second team.

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

OK, who here is the helicopter pilot @Chopper4Brad? No way anyone but a CCSLCer goes to these lengths to get the drop on the 32s new name.

Quick - remind me how to change my user name.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Can we agree that when they unveil the real 32s logo, this will go down as the biggest troll / swerve that a pro franchise has ever put on?  If it's not commanders, I might have to make them my adopted second team.

If it's the 32s, I'm filing a lawsuit. Granted, I'll have to get in a pretty long line behind all the other lawsuits being filed against Dan Snyder.  :censored: it, money is money.

• Like 5

BB52Big.jpg

spacer.png

I’m fairly positive the white jersey next to the black one is the same jersey from the teaser video. There’s no pronounced burgundy/gold/burgundy sleeve stripe, but a slight burgundy stripe above the players bicep. It’s paired with the regular burgundy helmet as well.