Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

Just now, Moseph said:

Huge downgrade across the board. Here's to hoping that they wake up in 5 years and bring back the classic Football Team uniforms.

Its a shame that they got rid of the unique two stripe sleeve pattern and ripped off the Chiefs sleeve stripes on the burgundy jerseys. And why can't teams just use a traditional block font right? That would help this set out a lot. What a way to celebrate 90 years of this franchise.

I mean, they've done EVERYTHING else wrong since Snyder's reign of terror- might as well make this defeat complete. 

• Like 4

Burgundy jersey: Not bad

White jersey: The hell?

Black jersey: The Hell? Episode II

What’s bothering me most about this is that all three look like three different concepts of the same team; it’s as if there’s three topics in the CCSLC concept forum for “Washington Commanders” by three different posters, yet they’re all real and co-existing on the same team. It’s absolutely bizzare and I don’t know how a team so adamant about getting it right effed this up so bad.

I expressed much more optimism earlier on than I should have. This is very bad.

• Like 22

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, DEAD! said:

I am actually glad they did not go with anything that starts with 'R' to further distance from the old name. I know the military motif can be an eye roller, but really, it's the nation's capital so it blends in. It would be great if the President shows up for the next Kansas City at Washington game. 

What does it matter if they went with Redhogs?  Changing the name is distancing it from the own name I mean lets not act like its not the same exact franchise in the same stadium with the same colors. Changing a name doesn't blank anyones memory.

You know that point in the design process where the client gets pitched a bunch of differing concepts to help narrow things down and find a cohesive direction. These look like they came from that meeting, and Dan Snyder said "Yeah, fine, I'll take all of those, done" and then went back to browsing one of his folders of cheerleader upskirt pics.

• Like 28
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

“We asked our fans* what they wanted to see.”

* fans being only the patrons of the DC metro area Mission BBQs

spacer.png

I don’t understand the 3 wildly different designs

The swooshies are trying to bring the European soccer aesthetic to the NFL, with the multiple uniforms having different designs. 

• Like 2