Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

So no traditional white Jersey?

and no tv numbers. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is just sad. This just makes the Washington Football Team name and branding look decent. You had an opportunity to rebrand and its terrible. I feel bad for fans in Washington. Your stadium replaced the Oakland Coliseum as worst :censored:hole in the league, you have the email incidents, have virtually little to no hope to get a new proper DC stadium and now a god awful rebrand. The sooner Dan Snyder is gone the better.

• Like 15

Signature intentionally left blank

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Three different jersey styles.

Two different roundel logos.

Unnecessarily heavy inclusion of black.

What a mess.

I didn't really expect anything different.  A more traditional looking matching set is pretty much out of the question these days. 

22 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Here they are...

FKj-dMmWUAEQgLz?format=jpg&name=large

FKj-dLtX0AMl3px?format=jpg&name=large

Red jersey: okay. Wordmark is a bit too big, and stencil numbers are stencil numbers because Nike gotta Nike, but otherwise, pretty solid. I can live with that.

White jersey: I can already smell the drivel coming from the Nikespeak describing the gradient pattern in the numbers and sleeve stripes: "evocative of the [insert either DC's or somebody's] flag waving in the wind." I 100% guarantee that'll be the essence of it. And no trace of gold anywhere except the swoosh--again, because Nike gotta Nike, right? Why do I also get the feeling that the "road" look will be black helmet (one of their "main" helmets, right?), that jersey and paired with black pants? I just feel it coming. Speaking of black...

Black jersey: This looks like something better suited for the Army West Point Cadet Black Knights--at any rate, cosplay is now in full swing with NFL uniform design in this Nikefried era. (Yes you read that as intended.) And again, we all await the obligatory marketing speak behind the patterns and whatnot.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||