NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I’m predicting the Rams next uniform will be all-white color rush. Probably another new white jersey and pants with exclusively “heritage” accents to honor the Fearsome Foursome era. Or, perhaps, just some new white pants to make a color rush with the current white jersey. I mean, did they say whether it was gonna be new jerseys for both years or just uniforms? 

Based on the way the Rams have done everything else with this re-brand/uni reveal, I don't think there's any way they don't get an alternate shell and a full additional uniform to match. The white jersey makes sense for the Fearsome Foursome era because they seemed to mostly mostly wear white then, sort of like Dallas now. But that's the only reason. I can't see them having two white jerseys that aren't much different from each other. I do think a navy jersey with white numbers and white pants could happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I have no real reason to think this, but if I had to bet, I'd go with navy and white for the Rams'new alt.  Not a true throwback, but one of those Nike-speak "inspired by" uniforms.

I wouldn’t mind navy & white for the new alt. It’d be a unique color scheme in the NFL, while also recalling the Rams’ history.

Of course, I’d prefer them not involve navy at all, a yellow jersey would be much better, but navy would be much better than black.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I’m predicting the Rams next uniform will be all-white color rush. Probably another new white jersey and pants with exclusively “heritage” accents to honor the Fearsome Foursome era. Or, perhaps, just some new white pants to make a color rush with the current white jersey. I mean, did they say whether it was gonna be new jerseys for both years or just uniforms? 

I have a bad feeling it’s a black Color Rush, with matching helmet. 

• Like 1

Do any of their 16 fans know that the navy/white era ever actually happened?  I'm not sure why the Rams would go with navy/white over a (insert fire emoji) BFBS uniform with matching helmet.

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 2/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, Sport said:

Yes. Correct. The Jake Plummer unis overthought the simplicity of the brand. When you use those colors in that way with that Generic Helmet from Every Sporting Goods Store in the Country helmet it's not sharp like the Raiders or Giants, it's just boring. It's a nothing statement. You gotta do something from the neck down because the helmet isn't adding any punch on its own, but the incredibly 2004 uniforms they've been wearing since 2005 are the opposite of that. 

A variation of this concept has been done a million times, but it's just too obvious. Do this, never change again. 

spacer.png

In theory these seem perfect, but they just seem off to me. It might be because the Cardinals have worn their current uniforms during the entire time I've been a football fan and the color balance is so different. Their current uniforms make them seem like a red/white team with black accents. This concept makes them a red/black team with white accents. It's not necessarily worse, but the latter just doesn't feel like the Cardinals to me.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I have no real reason to think this, but if I had to bet, I'd go with navy and white for the Rams'new alt.  Not a true throwback, but one of those Nike-speak "inspired by" uniforms.

They were really leaning into this look when they were in the Coliseum. I would be surprised if this isn't it.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

Preface to my post:

- I don't like bone or sol, and honestly the royal is a shade too bright for me too.

- I also don't like anything about the rams rebrand and they should have gone straight classic/retro.

- I also tend to not love navy. It usually dulls things, including when the rams used it in STL and early LA.

All of this said, I kind of think navy may work better with both bone and sol. The colors are just too bright on the rams current unis and paired with the current shade of royal worsens the issue for me. The bone is absolutely stupid, but if it was the only other color against a solid navy, it might actually work better. Same with sol. IDK... wouldn't mind seeing a few mock ups before i decide that I'm completely against navy for the rams. I guess it depends on how married to bone and sol they are. If they are hellbent on keeping those, navy may not be as bad as we think.

Side note: I would find it hilarious if they added a navy alt. There are two teams playing in the same stadium in the same city and they would both have blue/yellow primaries with navy alts 🤣

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

8 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

In theory these seem perfect, but they just seem off to me. It might be because the Cardinals have worn their current uniforms during the entire time I've been a football fan and the color balance is so different. Their current uniforms make them seem like a red/white team with black accents. This concept makes them a red/black team with white accents. It's not necessarily worse, but the latter just doesn't feel like the Cardinals to me.

Not doing anything the Cardinals themselves haven’t done before. They wore that exact stripe for over 30 years. If that doesn’t feel like the Cardinals to you that’s on you, not the concept. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

They were really leaning into this look when they were in the Coliseum. I would be surprised if this isn't it.

We’re they? Or were they just working with the best they could until the new stadium was built? Why they couldn’t have stuck with the vegas gold for a few more years is beyond me, but that’s what they thought needed to happen.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 10:58 AM, Sport said:

Yes. Correct. The Jake Plummer unis overthought the simplicity of the brand. When you use those colors in that way with that Generic Helmet from Every Sporting Goods Store in the Country helmet it's not sharp like the Raiders or Giants, it's just boring. It's a nothing statement. You gotta do something from the neck down because the helmet isn't adding any punch on its own, but the incredibly 2004 uniforms they've been wearing since 2005 are the opposite of that. 

A variation of this concept has been done a million times, but it's just too obvious. Do this, never change again. 

spacer.png

Since TV numbers aren't included in many redesigns anymore, they could be the trend setters and rather than have a truncated horizontal stripe on their "sleeve", they could take the same stripe and run it vertically from collar to cuff.  It's still a traditional stripe and traditional look, but different enough to be a little interesting, and isn't impacted by the disappearance of sleeves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Since TV numbers aren't included in many redesigns anymore, they could be the trend setters and rather than have a truncated horizontal stripe on their "sleeve", they could take the same stripe and run it vertically from collar to cuff.  It's still a traditional stripe and traditional look, but different enough to be a little interesting, and isn't impacted by the disappearance of sleeves.

This idea would ensure new Cardinals unis in 2027. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

This idea would ensure new Cardinals unis in 2027. 

Disagree.  I think it's the future of traditional uniform design since sleeve stripes look like trash these days.

Kinda similar to TA&M uniforms, just with each team's individual stripe pattern.

Texas-AM-Football-Schedule-kellen-mond.p

• Like 2
  • Hurl 2
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Disagree.  I think it's the future of traditional uniform design since sleeve stripes look like trash these days.

Kinda similar to TA&M uniforms, just with each team's individual stripe pattern.

Texas-AM-Football-Schedule-kellen-mond.p

Even Texas A&M got rid of those stripes. 

The Browns continue to prove sleeve stripes can still look good. Traditional teams always look better in traditional uniforms, no matter what trends are pushed on them. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Side note: I would find it hilarious if they added a navy alt. There are two teams playing in the same stadium in the same city and they would both have blue/yellow primaries with navy alts 🤣

Both teams used some variation of blue and yellow for most if not all of their history. Both used navy for a significant period, so it makes sense for both to have that option. It'd be funny/stupid if Rams this year reveal something that resembles the Chargers alt navy unis. Aside from that, they're easy enough to distinguish. Like the Bills and Giants, just in the same city.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

Not doing anything the Cardinals themselves haven’t done before. They wore that exact stripe for over 30 years. If that doesn’t feel like the Cardinals to you that’s on you, not the concept. 

It's the fault of the Cardinals for abandoning it in the first place. It's been 20 years since they've used it, which makes it unrecognizable to an entire generation of football fans. I've never once in my life turned on a Cardinals game and seen them wearing that striping pattern. I don't think that's on me.

• Dislike 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

58 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

It's the fault of the Cardinals for abandoning it in the first place. It's been 20 years since they've used it, which makes it unrecognizable to an entire generation of football fans.

I think that's a silly reason not to readopt a uniform feature that is decidedly part of their uniform history. The old plain helmet would still be there to make the link and the younger fans would get used to it in no time, same way every new uniform becomes normal after a period of time. Oddly enough, though, to me the 2005 uniforms have never felt like the Cardinals. They've always just felt like a generically dumb mid-2000's template that the team adopted to trend hop and still haven't remedied. 

58 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I've never once in my life turned on a Cardinals game and seen them wearing that striping pattern. I don't think that's on me.

Not a big Jerry Maguire guy? 

Image-49.jpg

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

In my perfect world… the cardinals use double red (ala the SA Commanders). It’s a totally unique color scheme in major league US sports, and it justifies using an extremely simple uniform that lets the colors shine on their own. I honestly don’t care if those elements were ultra-sublimated flag designs, simple truncated “wing” striping, or some subtle gradient design based off sunrises/mountain ranges. Colors could play #1, everything else is an accessory. Unfortunately this is not the ideal world, the cardinals would never do that, and I remain entirely baffled where they will take their identity 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1