NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

If...ahem....*when* Washington decides to make up for its current set (which I have openly played devil's advocate for--IMO it's just not attempting to preserve anything from the past), I think they should take the WFT set and do the following:

• move sleeve numbers to shoulders
  • lift the cuff stripes up onto the sleeve so they can be more pronounced and wider
  • make a decent custom number font -- custom number fonts do wonders when done right
  • Have a more  standardized "COMMANDERS" and "WASHINGTON" chest wordmarks if they feel like it OR
  • ...since they are trying to go for a military theme, instead of a wordmark, use a badge style logo like the Steelers and Jaguars
  • Bring back double stripes to pants
  • preserve the awesome helmet finish of the current one, bring back yellow facemasks
  • three stars above the nameplate 

Done. 

This would be even worse than what they're already doing. 

I think McCarthy had the concept of record for them (burgundy over gold, white over burgundy, double stripes throughout) but even if they just took the 2002 uniform and de-Indianed it, not in the manifest destiny way but in the good way, that'd be fine too.

2002 Washington Redskins Full-Time Throwbacks - Sports Logo News - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Community - CCSLC - SportsLogos.Net Forums

• Like 9

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

14630340510_6f921d2d09_k.jpg

0b34dbbbc555e25fb13a5b1ec7c88a2c_crop_ex

That's nice. 🥱

The Browns have been leaning 'elf' over the past several years. You can't have both and claim exclusivity.

That being said, I now want Washington  to pick the dog.

• Dislike 2

6uXNWAo.png

16 minutes ago, Cujo said:

That's nice. 🥱

The Browns have been leaning 'elf' over the past several years. You can't have both and claim exclusivity.

So even secondary/tertiary Cleveland Browns branding gets the Jim Rome treatment.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:02 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Y’all really grasping at straws.

The wife of *insert last name* Jr. retains the Jr portion as well because legally, like I said previously, that Jr is part of the husband’s legal name. She can choose to drop the “Jr” in less formal situations, but her name is *insert name* Jr through-and-through.

This is not correct and the absurdities of thinking it is have already been pointed out. Suffixes are not part of your last name. The last name is passed down from generation to generation and don't get changed because two people in a row have the same name. There isn't just a permanent Jr. attached for all time. If he names is kid Jim, would the kid be Jim Slay Jr.? If that kid were to name his kid Jim as well, would that kid be Jim Slay Jr. Jr.? Obviously not to both, because Jr. is not part of the last name.

The simplest argument for why any suffix shouldn't be on a jersey: The suffix IS part of your name but IS NOT part of your LAST name. The last name is what goes on the jersey. Boom, it doesn't belong.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 4
  • Dislike 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is the Commanders' front office oblivious to the existence of the Cleveland Browns and their secondary dog identity? 

Saints’ mascot Gumbo (right) says, “Wazzam*.”

spacer.png

*Wazzam is New Orleans slang for “What’s happening?”. 

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

9 hours ago, Chawls said:

Saints’ mascot Gumbo (right) says, “Wazzam*.”

spacer.png

*Wazzam is New Orleans slang for “What’s happening?”. 

W1H4lZY.jpeg

Was this the apex of NFL mascots? LOL!!!! I think the Saints have the issue that they can't really use the pope as a mascot and what really is a saint and how should they look without pissing off everyone?

http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/bc51a27c779bbb4dd28fdb774d555a9e

Maybe this guy? J/K, but it's not as bad as the guys in England that dressed up because the Saudis bought Newcastle. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

55 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the Saints have the issue that they can't really use the pope as a mascot

Well, not with that attitude.

thestateonmtv - Twitter Search / Twitter

The pope-a, he's-a so nice-a!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

W1H4lZY.jpeg

Was this the apex of NFL mascots? LOL!!!! I think the Saints have the issue that they can't really use the pope as a mascot and what really is a saint and how should they look without pissing off everyone?

http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/bc51a27c779bbb4dd28fdb774d555a9e

Maybe this guy? J/K, but it's not as bad as the guys in England that dressed up because the Saudis bought Newcastle. 

Yes. It was the apex, even if it was the most contemporary NFL thing ever (mid 80s no less!) to make a league wide mascot program. Given todays toy/collector culture, it's amazing they haven't brought the Huddles back, or at least licensed them to Funko or Super 7.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

W1H4lZY.jpeg

I'd like to believe that the Chargers guy is a middle-manager in an accounting firm in Dubuque or Omaha who cheers for the team because he just likes the uniforms. 

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Krona said:

Yes. It was the apex, even if it was the most contemporary NFL thing ever (mid 80s no less!) to make a league wide mascot program. Given todays toy/collector culture, it's amazing they haven't brought the Huddles back, or at least licensed them to Funko or Super 7.

With Starting Lineup roiling out NBA players this year I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL/NFLPA jump on this next year too, if they haven't already. Agreed with the Huddles. I had a Washington and I believe the Bears Huddles at one time, but not the Browns because we ordered them out of Sears and they never had all of the teams at any time except for the cheap football uniforms. And the cutesy toy aesthetic translates pretty easily to them.

Toy News: Funko Release their Next Wave of NFL Gold Figures through Walmart  – NERD LIFE

Starting Lineup NBA Series One Figures Revealed | Pop Insider

They are a little overpriced in my opinion ($50) but I can see why people might want to pay that. They're wearing there actual shoes as well as the official uniforms.

• Meh 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd like to believe that the Chargers guy is a middle-manager in an accounting firm in Dubuque or Omaha who cheers for the team because he just likes the uniforms. 

Aspiring professional bowler who insists that all his friends call him "Lightning"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

With Starting Lineup roiling out NBA players this year I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL/NFLPA jump on this next year too, if they haven't already. Agreed with the Huddles. I had a Washington and I believe the Bears Huddles at one time, but not the Browns because we ordered them out of Sears and they never had all of the teams at any time except for the cheap football uniforms. And the cutesy toy aesthetic translates pretty easily to them.

Toy News: Funko Release their Next Wave of NFL Gold Figures through Walmart  – NERD LIFE

Wow Kyler Murray's is life-sized but a little light on the melanin. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Starting Lineup NBA Series One Figures Revealed | Pop Insider

They are a little overpriced in my opinion ($50) but I can see why people might want to pay that. They're wearing there actual shoes as well as the official uniforms.

• Like 3