NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Broncos never wore that uniform combo for a reason. The uniforms were dependant on the side panels matching. I guess they figured if they were going to play like crap they might as well look like crap too.

It's not as obviously bad, but this reminds me of the 2000s Bills. They had an obviois striping pattern for their home/away sets:

front.jpg

s-l300.jpg

That they basically never used correctly:

front.jpg

5e05d529b0a1c_425187b.jpg

What a cruel joke those uniforms were. The nadir of the Bills as a franchise.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

You can't put the Jaguars in an animal-print helmet, they look like the interior of a Polish woman's car

This hilarious, but also 100% true. Just the idea of that jaguar print on a helmet evokes a sort-of low-rent chic that just doesn't work. It also makes me think of Washington's faux-leather helmet, which I know some people liked, but looked exactly as its description suggested: fake.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

Broncos are debuting their white jersey over blue pants which means the side stripe colors aren’t going to match

Usually I wouldn’t hate white over navy. However, this isn’t the set to do it with. They are going to look as bad as they are playing this season. This just hurts my soul as a Broncos fan. First time ever a white jersey will be paired with something other than white or orange pants while having this color scheme.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

12 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

First time ever a white jersey will be paired with something other than white or orange pants while having this color scheme.

They've never had orange pants with white jerseys for this 1997-now set. 

Probably only a handful of teams (Broncos, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe the Colts) have worn the same pants with their regular white jerseys for the last 25 years.  Even the ever-steady Raiders and Chiefs have changed up pants with white jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, NH4 said:

Broncos are debuting their white jersey over blue pants which means the side stripe colors aren’t going to match

Somebody signed off on that. My word. 

Between cases like this of bad combos in general and also bad matchup-related decisions (like the Jets wearing black pants against the Steelers, Browns wearing orange pants against the Bengals, Bengals wearing white helmet against the Dolphins, another white helmet team), I’m starting to think whomever has the final say in what combos teams wear these days have either lost thier collective marbles or just don’t care anymore.

• Like 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Broncos have that thin orange stripe that runs along the blue panel on their away. They should've done it like Miami did back in the early 2000s with the completely matching side panels. This would mean they would have a phantom navy stripe and the thin orange one going down the pant legs. 

SI Vault on Twitter: "One more Sean Taylor pic, at Miami gang-tackling Greg  Jones during a 2003 Miami-FSU game: http://t.co/gDqhKFti93" / Twitter

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Hate 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

If it wasn’t already obvious that nobody was paying attention to the details in Denver, their white over blue combo is the current state of that team in a nutshell. Jeepers creepers, that’s bad. It reminds me of high school copies of the Broncos from my high school years when schools could only afford one pair of pants for their two jerseys

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Broncos have that thin orange stripe that runs along the blue panel on their away. They should've done it like Miami did back in the early 2000s with the completely matching side panels. This would mean they would have a phantom navy stripe and the thin orange one going down the pant legs. 

SI Vault on Twitter: "One more Sean Taylor pic, at Miami gang-tackling Greg  Jones during a 2003 Miami-FSU game: http://t.co/gDqhKFti93" / Twitter

So they would have needed two pairs of navy pants (one to match the navy jersey, and one to match the white jersey)? No reason to wear the thin orange piping pants with the navy jersey.

11 hours ago, ripall90 said:

Look who is getting into Nike talk now

Hey I never accused you of using Nike talk. You asked why the Bengals number font is more fitting of the team name than the chunkiest, dumbest looking font possible and I told you. 

All I see with the round numbers is cartoon numbers.

Says the guy who keeps sharing concepts with the tackiest, most over-drawn cartoon fonts possible. 

Personally I disagree but you clearly love the current unis. I just think they are missing one last thing to make it complete. Maybe move the stripes completely on the top and add the old Bengal tiger logo with the whole body. I feel these are minor changes that would go a long way without making the uniforms brash.

Those aren't minor changes. The uniform looks the appropriate amount of "brash" while also not looking too silly. Anything extra to "make it complete" would just be unnecessary visual noise and clutter. And we know that because the 2004 uniforms were the same as the current uniforms just with a lot of unnecessary bulls*** thrown on top of it. Those uniform cranked the tiger dial up to 100 and it looked stupid as :censored: for 17 years.  

just an FYI the guy explained the spots are reflective and same with the helmet.

Yeah and it would look dumb and tacky. 

I assume you still hate it since you seem to dislike reflective patterns.

That's because I have taste. I don't like forcing a design element just to force a design element. 

At the very least I think they should bring back the 2000s teal flaked helmets 

That's not surprising. The teal flaked helmets were the example of Doing Something Just Because You Can until they went and made the helmets half gold and half black, which made the teal flaked helmets look tasteful in comparison. 

@SportHere are some redesigns by Alkire that are my favorites

I've been at this a long time and it takes a lot to impress me and one of these looks is better than what the team is currently wearing (The Rams. Maybe the Panthers, but that number font needs to be dialed back by like 65%) which even includes Washington. I'm glad your dude has familiarized himself with how to use a photoshop template, but there's nothing in there I haven't seen done better 100 times in the concepts forum. 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

You could call it a design flaw, I suppose, if the idea is that the Broncos have a uniform element that can't be worn with other elements. But in truth, this is just another example of a team trying to force variety into a design system created in an earlier era where having 12,000 different pairings wasn't necessary (and still isn't.) 

The February 1997 unveiling of these uniforms shows the only three options for which this set was designed. 

spacer.png

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

You could call it a design flaw, I suppose, if the idea is that the Broncos have a uniform element that can't be worn with other elements. But in truth, this is just another example of a team trying to force variety into a design system created in an earlier era where having 12,000 different pairings wasn't necessary (and still isn't.) 

The February 1997 unveiling of these uniforms shows all the only three options for which this set was designed. 

spacer.png

If they took the stripes off the torso and made them into some complimentary sleeve stripe/design, then things would be far more interchangeable. 

35 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Somebody signed off on that. My word. 

Between cases like this of bad combos in general and also bad matchup-related decisions (like the Jets wearing black pants against the Steelers, Browns wearing orange pants against the Bengals, Bengals wearing white helmet against the Dolphins, another white helmet team), I’m starting to think whomever has the final say in what combos teams wear these days have either lost thier collective marbles or just don’t care anymore.

To be fair to the Bengals that was because they wanted the first time in the white helmets to be a primetime home game and the league scheduled the Dolphins for that. Their other primetime home game this year is against the Bills, also a white helmeted team. At least the Dolphins went all-aqua to balance it out. 

3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The February 1997 unveiling of these uniforms shows all the only three options for which this set was designed. 

spacer.png

Youths won't remember this, but that uniform rocked the sports world. That was a very real turning point. 

• Like 10

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 minutes ago, Sport said:

Youths won't remember this, but that uniform rocked the sports world. That was a very real turning point. 

I remember seeing those Broncos for the first time and it was like they were instantly a generation ahead of the rest of the league. They looked like Star Trek: the football team and were instantly the coolest team in the league.

That they won two straight titles was serendipitous.

I can't think of any team that had as big a uniform impact since.  Maybe the 2012 Seahawks and their ushering in Nike to NFL uniform design? Or the 2000s Oregon Ducks? And I'm not sure if the Bulls were the first NBA team with a third uniform, but their pinstripe thirds were a big deal too.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

35 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

So they would have needed two pairs of navy pants (one to match the navy jersey, and one to match the white jersey)? No reason to wear the thin orange piping pants with the navy jersey.

Canes had two pairs of white pants for that set. Bengals have two as well. Broncos definitely could've gone that route if they wanted to.

Simulated Scrimmages: 2001 vs 2002 - State of The U

Closest 2001 Miami Hurricanes Came to Losing | Highlights - YouTube

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

They've never had orange pants with white jerseys for this 1997-now set. 

Probably only a handful of teams (Broncos, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe the Colts) have worn the same pants with their regular white jerseys for the last 25 years.  Even the ever-steady Raiders and Chiefs have changed up pants with white jerseys. 

True, but they’ve never had blue pants before the mid-90s either. First time in blue/orange.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

13 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Canes had two pairs of white pants for that set. Bengals have two as well. Broncos definitely could've gone that route if they wanted to.

Simulated Scrimmages: 2001 vs 2002 - State of The U

Closest 2001 Miami Hurricanes Came to Losing | Highlights - YouTube

The Broncos did have two pairs of white pants though. 

Seems like the solution for your idea is to change the alt navy jersey to only have a thin orange piping, which might not be too bad. 

• Like 2