NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

12 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

As someone who has a taste for both traditional uniforms and contemporary ones, the Washington white jerseys grew on me seeing them in action today. They're very different, but I like the diamond pattern. I will get run off the boards for saying this, but if they had a black facemask I would dare to say the helmet and jersey could gel together and work.

The biggest issue I have is the same issue I have with the rest of the league -- the plain white pants, white socks/leggins, and white shoes. 

We don't have uniforms in the NFL anymore, we just have "colorways" that are half the time "ICY WHITE" and apparently the players and young people like it. 

Give me a black facemask and burgundy pants and I would actually sign off on that uniform with the current white jersey for the Commanders. 

I’ve seen the two main jerseys side by side. Like you, I’ll get heat for saying this, but I preferred the white over the burgundy. Don’t get me wrong, the burgundy is okay, but the gigantic “COMMANDERS” and ridiculous stencil number font are a distraction.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cujo said:

A very Cujo-esque troll post.

And no.

It's not a troll post considering my hatred of gray facemasks on teams without gray anywhere else. It is standard nuordr (New Order) procedure. 

spacer.png

On 8/13/2022 at 3:22 PM, Cujo said:

Commanders white unis looking like straight ass

FaD5MCGXoAINhv_?format=jpg&name=large

If they just kept the previous uniforms and changed the logo, then it would have been perfect. But nope, leave it up to the Synders to screw it all up. It has been a train wreck from the moment they decided to change the name...the name itself, the logo, the uniform, the anthem, and now the mascot. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

15 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

The longtime fans WILL accept a hog mascot. Which means they're probably going to choose a George Washington-esque historical figure for a mascot instead.

I'm fully expecting a Homelander knockoff as the new mascot. His cape will be the D.C. Flag.

• LOL 1

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, nuordr said:

If they just kept the previous uniforms and changed the logo, then it would have been perfect. But nope, leave it up to Synder to screw it all up. It has been a train wreck from the moment they decided to change the name...the name itself, the logo, the uniform, the anthem, and now the mascot. 

I don’t know how many times this has to be said, but Snyder wasn’t directly responsible for the new uniforms. It was his wife, Tanya who was “heavily involved with the uniform design”.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

30 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t know how many times this has to be said, but Snyder wasn’t directly responsible for the new uniforms. It was his wife, Tanya who was “heavily involved with the uniform design”.

A distinction without a difference.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I felt like farming for likes today, so here's yet another photoshop of what WAS should've done. They could even keep the black number outlines.

spacer.png

Lipstick on a pig. There's no saving that uniform design with just a color change.

• Like 12

spacer.png

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I felt like farming for likes today, so here's yet another photoshop of what WAS should've done. They could even keep the black number outlines.

spacer.png

Crazy thing is, that doesn't help. Change the numbers to solid burgundy, with gold outline.  The pants need some kind of stripe  to make the uniforms cohesive.  Their uniforms just look like three different prototypes  for a full set

• Like 1

The Commanders suffer from the same thing as the Rams / Falcons et al.  Rather than implementing changes and experimenting over time, they went all-in with the kitchen sink right away.  I'm sure there were ways they could have done one of these gimmicks (the black, or the gradient, or the huge wordmark) and then as they add the others, it'd be less of a shock (or they could remove whatever one they started with if it got negative reviews.)

I get that the 5-year rule makes it really hard to do this, since it could take 20 years before you get to where you're going, but I also don't know how strict the "5-year rule" is anymore, and I think that it's really the 2-year-lead-time rule that's the main limiting factor.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

A lot of people are gonna be eating their words, talking “at least the helmet is okay,” when they wear it with the burgundy jerseys in the sun for the first time and they look like two completely different colors. No tolerance for alternative helmet finishes.

So you want all helmets to be matte like the Vikings, that match the jersey? 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've changed my mind about the Commanders' white jerseys. Didn't like em at all before, but once I saw them on the field yesterday, they looked...  pretty decent.

Still not loving the pattern on the numbers, but it honestly didn't look as bad as I thought it would.  As for the monochrome white, there's some precedent for it, but they butchered it by wearing white socks instead of burgundy. They wore monochrome white against the Steelers in 2020 when they were the Football Team because Ron Rivera liked the idea. (https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/story-behind-washingtons-choice-wear-all-whites-spectacular) They also did it back during the second Joe Gibbs era. From what I can find, each of those previous monochrome white uniform combinations had burgundy socks and it looked much better. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

FWIW, the players themselves  wanted to bring back the look in 2015 as well, but Bruce Allen said no.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

So you want all helmets to be matte like the Vikings, that match the jersey? 

??? Normal gloss helmets have been doing the job for decades ??? I would rather every single team including the Vikings stuck to gloss ??? Do I need to post the wikipedia link for Strawman ???

• Like 1
  • Dislike 5

54 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

??? Normal gloss helmets have been doing the job for decades ??? I would rather every single team including the Vikings stuck to gloss ??? Do I need to post the wikipedia link for Strawman ???

The matte Vikings helmets perfectly match the jerseys. I'd rather they only bring back gloss for a throwback alternate

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

3 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

For years, the Vikings gloss helmets didn’t match the jerseys. The matte finish finally matches the jersey color and for some you think that’s a problem. 

No need to be a silly jackass with more question marks than the Riddler. 

Me making a comment about helmet colors - when that was the entire reason of your original post - is not a strawman argument. You might want to check out that definition one more time. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Whose Line Jersey is it Anyway?

FaKwVpfWIAAsZN_?format=jpg&name=medium

Actually not bad with the Cardinals. Still needs pant stripes. The Oakley visor clip without the visor is pretty funny. 

• Like 8