NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Saw that. Nein, nein, nein, nein, nein!

I swear, if they walk out in a black or yellow alt uniform, I am going to hurl at the sight of it.

Kansas City Star released a bunch of fan concepts of an alt helmet. All of them look like sheiße.

Edited by Red Comet
Added archive link to KC Star story
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I swear, if they walk out in a black or yellow alt uniform, I am going to hurl at the sight of it.

Kansas City Star released a bunch of fan concepts of an alt helmet. All of them look like sheiße.

The red one and the yellow one aren’t all that bad really. The rest can be burned in a dumpster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The red one and the yellow one aren’t all that bad really. The rest can be burned in a dumpster.

The very concept of an alt helmet/uniform for the Chiefs should be burned in a dumpster aside from gray face masks and a bigger arrowhead on the helmet like they had during the Len Dawson era. 

spacer.png

I don’t even like the red top and red pants look they have now much less any concept some Twitter artist came up with.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I love that these "concepts" are just re-colorizations of the same, crappy logo they've used forever. Any chance they fix the screaming, glaring issue they've had for decades? That the helmet doesn't include any of their secondary color (gold), but DOES include a color not seen anywhere else in the uniform (black)?

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

According to the listing: "Rep your hometown team with this Philadelphia Eagles City Transit cuffed knit hat from New Era. It's covered in city-inspired graphics catered to your favorite team's home base, including embroidered details of their appearance in Super Bowl LII. This cold-weather cap also has a flexible, unstructured design to help provide a snug, comfortable fit."

Motorcross/ATV terrorists have basically ruined parts of the city over the past couple of years and are a very serious issue that's forcing people out of their houses and making businesses abandon certain neighborhoods, so if they're trying to make a positive association between those bikes and the city, that's a poor decision and I wouldn't advise wearing it.

It's an absurdly ugly hat anyway - here's the back.  I've never heard the term "South Philadelphia East" - I think they just screen shotted a Google Maps and some clip art and slapped whatever they could on it.  

ff_4339961-f93309725ac15309f3f3alt2_full

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

According to the listing: "Rep your hometown team with this Philadelphia Eagles City Transit cuffed knit hat from New Era. It's covered in city-inspired graphics catered to your favorite team's home base, including embroidered details of their appearance in Super Bowl LII. This cold-weather cap also has a flexible, unstructured design to help provide a snug, comfortable fit."

Motorcross/ATV terrorists have basically ruined parts of the city over the past couple of years and are a very serious issue that's forcing people out of their houses and making businesses abandon certain neighborhoods, so if they're trying to make a positive association between those bikes and the city, that's a poor decision and I wouldn't advise wearing it.

It's an absurdly ugly hat anyway - here's the back.  I've never heard the term "South Philadelphia East" - I think they just screen shotted a Google Maps and some clip art and slapped whatever they could on it.  

ff_4339961-f93309725ac15309f3f3alt2_full

That is a hilariously random assortment of visual non-sequitors. It’s like  the sports version but of those “Hey, Snowflake!” T shirts that dumb people buy at truck stops. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

is that the first time a map has appeared on a hat?  

2019 NHL draft hats had street maps on the underbrim. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

As nice as the red helmet is, wouldn’t Allen be breaking some type of player safety rule by using an unauthorized second helmet?

He wore it out of the tunnel before an open practice.  Pretty sure he switched back to his regular white helmet before he took any snaps.  

3 hours ago, sitboaf said:

I love that these "concepts" are just re-colorizations of the same, crappy logo they've used forever. Any chance they fix the screaming, glaring issue they've had for decades? That the helmet doesn't include any of their secondary color (gold), but DOES include a color not seen anywhere else in the uniform (black)?

There is a team in Santa Clara that has basically the same issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sitboaf said:

They’ll fix this when the Yankees match their hat and jersey logo. 

Older teams can get away with not being matchy-matchy. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/5/2022 at 8:29 AM, Bathysphere said:

Well sure, the helmet isolated won’t look too bad when you don’t see how badly that finish doesn’t match the burgundy fabric of the rest of the uniform.

51396-D79-1-F8-A-4683-A001-93724791-D309

This is why I rather had named then The Washington Spartans!

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

They’ll fix this when the Yankees match their hat and jersey logo. 

Older teams can get away with not being matchy-matchy. 

The tigers might be one of the exceptions to that rule.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 8/7/2022 at 7:40 AM, Red Comet said:

I thought that a white helmet might look ok, but the logo is just too white-heavy for it to work.

On another note, the Rams held their celebrity flag football game the other day, and the pictures show how much better the yellow numbers look without the awful gradient, sublimated design, & fruit roll-up texture.

spacer.png

• Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, Red Comet said:

The very concept of an alt helmet/uniform for the Chiefs should be burned in a dumpster aside from gray face masks and a bigger arrowhead on the helmet like they had during the Len Dawson era. 

I don’t even like the red top and red pants look they have now much less any concept some Twitter artist came up with.

Completely agree. But if you forced me to pick a new helmet option I'd probably be happiest with a white helmet to be worn on the road only against teams with jerseys. 

As far as jerseys go I could live with a tonal red jersey and pants that advance the all red uniform concept. I'm thinking updating the stripes to be tonal red, a red arrowhead on the helmet, red facemask, tonal red AFL patch and maybe yellow numbers. That could satisfy the NFL if we're being forced into alternates and would at least cut down on wearing the mismatched stripe red pants with the red jerseys. Don't want it but that's probably the least harm they could do to the brand. Black or yellow uniforms or helmets are a complete non-starter for me.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators