NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Commanders are holding a poll for the new mascot theme and it’s… embarrassing

FaD9VGcXkAAemG6?format=jpg&name=large

I think their goal is to constantly remind everyone how crappy their rebrand is. Cleveland Guardians fans should be so thankful.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Our first look at the Commanders. The jersey really isn't the worst thing in the world, all things considered.

If by "the world" you mean "the world of football uniforms" I'd say it's pretty close to the worst thing.

And if by "the world" you mean "the world"... well, it's still pretty close to the worst thing.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

The helmet and jersey look like they come from two separate identities. The lack of gold on the jersey/black on the helmet make the uniform elements feel very disconnected. They should've used gold instead of black for the white jersey, or used black across all of the uniforms and helmets for a cohesive look.

I don't support a full burgundy/black uniform set, but it would've made for a consistent color scheme and incorporate black (which Washington wants to force into their uniforms for some reason)

• Like 10

CAR at WAS preseason, w 1st looks at the Commanders on field.

meh, it's ok.  not a fan of the gradient numbers w the rubbery outline border.  the helmets are nice w the satin finish, but looks like different shade of maroon compared to fabric of jerseys.

my Panthers paired the blue over gray and while i like the combo, i hate the "new" (3rd year) flat gray putty pants.  the sparkle silver pants to match helmet is so much better looking.   not sure why we got away from silver pants.

• Like 5

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The longtime fans WILL accept a hog mascot. Which means they're probably going to choose a George Washington-esque historical figure for a mascot instead.

• Like 6

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The status quo ante, when they had the bad name and people in media were just too precious to say the bad name, was fine enough for me. At least they looked pretty good. Oh well. Shoutout to George Floyd.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Huh? 3
  • Dislike 7
  • Hate 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

The helmet and jersey look like they come from two separate identities. The lack of gold on the jersey/black on the helmet make the uniform elements feel very disconnected. They should've used gold instead of black for the white jersey, or used black across all of the uniforms and helmets for a cohesive look.

I don't support a full burgundy/black uniform set, but it would've made for a consistent color scheme and incorporate black (which Washington wants to force into their uniforms for some reason)

It’s truly mind-boggling. Such a simple aspect of design…who makes these decisions? How do you just randomly throw black trim on the white jersey when it’s found nowhere else in the main sets? Like……….what?

Jeez, just lifeless. The speckled fades on top of sheer nothingness everywhere else make it look like it’s almost vanishing into thin air. Also, somebody has to mention the fact that sleevecaps were a really really lame trend of the early ‘10s and they should have stayed there (which they managed to do until these showed up).

59 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

It’s truly mind-boggling. Such a simple aspect of design…who makes these decisions? How do you just randomly throw black trim on the white jersey when it’s found nowhere else in the main sets? Like……….what?

It’s literally to justify the black uniform. It’s in the (invisible to us except through parsing the inconsistent behavior of the teams) rules. Which means the Rams might be subverting the rules by having a grandfathered in bone alternate. (unless they keep wearing blue over bone as the regular season primary. yikes.)

As someone who has a taste for both traditional uniforms and contemporary ones, the Washington white jerseys grew on me seeing them in action today. They're very different, but I like the diamond pattern. I will get run off the boards for saying this, but if they had a black facemask I would dare to say the helmet and jersey could gel together and work.

The biggest issue I have is the same issue I have with the rest of the league -- the plain white pants, white socks/leggins, and white shoes. 

We don't have uniforms in the NFL anymore, we just have "colorways" that are half the time "ICY WHITE" and apparently the players and young people like it. 

Give me a black facemask and burgundy pants and I would actually sign off on that uniform with the current white jersey for the Commanders. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

The status quo ante, when they had the bad name and people in media were just too precious to say the bad name, was fine enough for me. At least they looked pretty good. Oh well. Shoutout to George Floyd.

If there was an “uncomfortably bizarre comment of the day” award, this’d be the one! 

• Like 11

Can someone Photoshop the 49ers’ tint of gold onto the Saints’ uniforms? I need to see something. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

1 hour ago, NeauXone said:

image-2022-08-13-220759151.pngRough photoshop but this is about how it looks

Fantastic! Thank you, @NeauXone

Now why can’t the Saints Nike replicate this IRL?

• Like 4

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

"We need to move as far away from our previous branding as possible"

*selects new, non-Native team name that doesn't start with R or Red*

*selects millennial, puke-worthy, Nike cutting room floor uniforms*

"Oh, but let's make it possible to bring back the Hogs!"

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png