NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

23 minutes ago, BBTV said:

It's got the current number font.  If it's a throwback, they missed a pretty big detail (considering it's the only detail on those jerseys.)

They could go the Rams route and unveil it as a “modern throwback”.

The biggest thing that throws me off though is why just showcase a random guy in a uniform instead of a player like Murray. 24 has to be an indication of things, right?

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

24 has to be an indication of things, right?

Didn't make that connection, but it makes sense given the 2-year rule.  But they wouldn't leak it and risk losing sales of soon-to-be-obsolete jerseys.  Or would they....

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Didn't make that connection, but it makes sense given the 2-year rule.  But they wouldn't leak it and risk losing sales of soon-to-be-obsolete jerseys.  Or would they....

Seems kind of odd though that they’d special order a singular jersey (and likely pants) just for one photo that’s rather pointless on the surface of things.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Seems kind of odd though that they’d special order a singular jersey (and likely pants) just for one photo that’s rather pointless on the surface of things.

Given how plain it is, I don't think it being nothing more than a teaser for a future rebrand is out of the question. It doesn't take much effort to go out a nab a basic red jersey and white pants for a quick photo or two, it probably costs pocket change for an NFL team. I don't believe any of the Cardinals' previous looks have included black number outlines, so I'm skeptical to call it a throwback just yet, especially when guys like Kyler Murray have specifically praised the striped sets from the late 80's. A wink to the fans with a teaser for new unis in 2024, especially after Bidwell has said a uni change is on the table, seems like a reasonable explanation.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The Guardians and the Elks both kept their same basic uniforms and even chose names vaguely connected to the ones they had to get rid of it. Everyone moved on with their lives once the changes were made. Washington could have done the absolute bare minimum of swapping the logo and changing 4 letters in their old name and we would not be here 2 years later still discussing the controversy

Quoting for truth. Good point.

• Like 8

It's where I sit.

Unfortunately for us uniform nerds Madden 23 doesn't have the alternate helmets in the game at launch, so we won't be able to try mixing and matching right now. They'll probably be added in an update.

I did however get to pair the Commanders black helmet with the road uniform and it's ATROCIOUS. The Commanders have yellow pants too but no yellow socks.

bSLCtu2.png

I'm probably the only person who would be fine with the Cardinals owning the mid 2000s look for the foreseeable future lol. I don't even think the uniform is necessarily decent but something about it just doesn't bother me at all

• Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Unfortunately for us uniform nerds Madden 23 doesn't have the alternate helmets in the game at launch, so we won't be able to try mixing and matching right now. They'll probably be added in an update.

I did however get to pair the Commanders black helmet with the road uniform and it's ATROCIOUS. The Commanders have yellow pants too but no yellow socks.

How does burgundy helmet/white jersey/gold pants look?

17 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

1500x500

I've been staring at this and here's my synopsis: it's entirely possible, especially given how small it is, that someone was given a current #24 jersey to wear, just with the white panels and black piping photoshopped off it.  The #24 on the jersey may--as a matter of fact, I'll go out on a limb and say it does--signal a coming uniform update in 2024--and if you've been following Nike football uniform reveals, you know how they love using the last two digits of the calendar year of the unveil as the jersey number.  This particular image may signal that the next set of Cardinals uniforms we see will be back to barebones basic, at least for the red and white jerseys. (This too would be on par for the current cycle of uber-simplistic that Nike is on, which also syncs with the Cardinals' own uni history from the mid-90s until '04.) So yeah, I can see it as a coded message that 2024 is when we'll see something new out of Arizona.

(And even with that, and now the two-helmet allowance, I still completely expect to see something wild with a black alternate, color rush or whatever, because 🔥 demands it.)

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, NeauXone said:

I'm probably the only person who would be fine with the Cardinals owning the mid 2000s look for the foreseeable future lol. I don't even think the uniform is necessarily decent but something about it just doesn't bother me at all

Everything about their current uniform set bothers me. They could not decide if they wanted to go classic or "modern". They have an absolutely classic white helmet with grey facemask and the jerseys have very normal block numbers, but they coupled that with horrible piping and side panels. The white jerseys look like they're wearing a bib because of the red on the shoulders. The red pants aren't even consistent with the white pants.

With the Bengals now upgraded, Arizona has the most outdated uniforms in the league. I would dare say last year they were the worst, only being knocked off by the Commanders this season. Arizona has desperately needed a change since at least when Nike took over in 2012

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 8/15/2022 at 5:29 PM, DCarp1231 said:

1500x500

Am I crazy for believing that this is just their regular red jersey? It looks like the same number font to me, and it looks like the place where the wordmark would be is simply folded over so it’s not visible from this angle. It’s difficult to make out whether the piping that would be below the Nike swoosh is there or not, but I’m pretty sure I see a sliver of it on the end of his left sleeve.

I don’t know, I think I’m just not seeing what everybody else sees. It may very well end up being a teaser for new uniforms coming next year, but that looks like the same old Cardinals jersey to me.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Am I crazy for believing that this is just their regular red jersey? It looks like the same number font to me, and it looks like the place where the wordmark would be is simply folded over so it’s not visible from this angle. It’s difficult to make out whether the piping that would be below the Nike swoosh is there or not, but I’m pretty sure I see a sliver of it on the end of his left sleeve.

I don’t know, I think I’m just not seeing what everybody else sees. It may very well end up being a teaser for new uniforms coming next year, but that looks like the same old Cardinals jersey to me.

Since deranged detective work is the name of the game around here…

B884-F4-C2-16-F3-4-B01-8-E91-ADF8-AF9-C5

I can definitely believe that this sliver is the white panel of their regular jersey, and that the piping and other details are obscured by the angle, shadows, and bunching due to this not being a real football player, wearing an untailored jersey straight from the stock room.

I can also believe that the details were intentionally obscured to make it appear as a blank canvas without giving any false bread crumbs of what the design to come will actually be, signaling that they are indeed making changes to it for 2024. Why they chose to tease it so brazenly yet so quietly like this is beyond me, though they’ll probably give us more word soon like “people have been asking about our header… you got us! new uniforms coming next year!”

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Definitely looks like the sleeves have been photoshopped to try to hide any signs of the current piping design. But maybe I'm seeing things. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Definitely looks like the sleeves have been photoshopped to try to hide any signs of the current piping design. But maybe I'm seeing things. 

I don’t think it’s photoshopped, it’s just a horribly fitting jerseys that hides it all due to bunching.

• Like 5

I still don’t understand why they felt the need to have a random person dress up in full uniform when it’s clearly not the normal player who wears 24. Was Darrel Williams just simply not available for the photo shoot? I suppose I’m just reading into it too much.

43 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t think it’s photoshopped, it’s just a horribly fitting jerseys that hides it all due to bunching.

IMO, the front shoulders next to the TV numbers definitely look like they have dark red maroon photoshop/MS paint strokes that don't fit with the rest of the jersey.  Looks more obvious at a larger size. Maybe I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I still don’t understand why they felt the need to have a random person dress up in full uniform when it’s clearly not the normal player who wears 24. Was Darrel Williams just simply not available for the photo shoot? I suppose I’m just reading into it too much.

If they're trying to hide something, you do that by having 'nobody' in the photo, not someone who would be asked about it. It's not rocket science, and yes, you are reading too much into it (it's what we do here).

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:43 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Washington could have done the absolute bare minimum of swapping the logo and changing 4 letters in their old name and we would not be here 2 years later still discussing the controversy

So you were rooting for Redhogs to be the new name? 🤔 lol

• LOL 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller