2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

23 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

These aren't LED boards though. Its literally going the lazy cheaper route.

It's not the lazy route. It's the controllable route. Example: the Flyers for decades have gone into MSG and broadcast road games that give free ad space to Wells Fargo's competitor Chase Bank. Now the Flyers can show Wells Fargo ads and whoever else they want for every road game and don't have to worry about competitor's conflicts or advertising for businesses outside of Philadelphia. 

The thing I don't like about the super-imposed board ads are they cover the lines on the boards. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 minutes ago, Sport said:

It's not the lazy route. It's the controllable route. Example: the Flyers for decades have gone into MSG and broadcast road games that give free ad space to Wells Fargo's competitor Chase Bank. Now the Flyers can show Wells Fargo ads and whoever else they want for every road game and don't have to worry about competitor's conflicts or advertising for businesses outside of Philadelphia. 

The thing I don't like about the super-imposed board ads are they cover the lines on the boards. 

Very good point, but man I'll miss seeing the ad's say in MSG and other cities always enjoyed seeing the other regional companies and such.

Am I bothered by the amount of ads? Yes. But at the end of the day hockey is still being played. If it wasn't for such 💩ty leadership and marketing the NHL would not be in this position, and as a fan and uniform enthusiast that pisses me off.  But like I said before hockey is still being played and it's not to distracting from McDavid doing ridiculous things and the Sabres being mediocre to sucking

• Dislike 2

33 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I totally get why the NHL is doing this with the dasher ads.  

I think the major networks are doing this moreso than the NHL. The networks realized they can get money from their own set of dasher ads and minimize ads for companies who aren't paying them. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, Sport said:

634768aa630dc.image.jpg?resize=750,500

Carolina could really have done more with the pants and stockings. If they had to use a solid colour for the pants then black would have been a better choice, and matching the stockings to the sleeves would also be an improvement.

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Carolina could really have done more with the pants and stockings. If they had to use a solid colour for the pants then black would have been a better choice, and matching the stockings to the sleeves would also be an improvement.

I mean, it's a retro throwback alternate. Messing with it and making a uniform that never existed is kinda running against the point of making a retro throwback in the first place, which is to bring back the original exactly like it was.

If you're changing the uniform to such an extent, then it's no longer a throwback because...well, the Hurricanes didn't wear black pants and flag-stripe socks in 1997. Hell, they don't even do that now.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, it's a throwback alternate. Messing with it and making a uniform that never existed is kinda running against the point of making a throwback alternate in the first place, which is to bring back their original look exactly like it was when they started.

That wasn't possible considering the template, so right off the bat it's a uniform thats different from the original. And that had black hem pants trim and this doesn't, so it's not like the Canes haven't changed a part of the uniform other than what would be different due to the Adidas template.

• Huh? 1

6 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

YIKES!

Fe_pNPWagAAwq9A?format=jpg

Nice to see that AutoNation gets top priority jersey space over the League's own patch.

There's a little space between the collar laces and the logo itself. Why can't they put the ad on that space instead?

6 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

That wasn't possible considering the template, so right off the bat it's a uniform thats different from the original. And that had black hem pants trim and this doesn't, so it's not like the Canes haven't changed a part of the uniform other than what would be different due to the Adidas template.

Yeah, but it still looks 97% like the original Hurricanes where black pants wouldn't. Surely you understand the difference between closely resembling the original uniform intended for an anniversary night and wearing something entirely different from what the team wore in 1997? 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

YIKES!

Fe_pNPWagAAwq9A?format=jpg

Nice to see that AutoNation gets top priority jersey space over the League's own patch.

spacer.png

But I do have a question after seeing this layout. If the Panthers knew of the advertisement patch prior to the start of the season, could they have designed an all-star game patch that would have fit under the ad patch? Whether it be an entire different design/shape or if they just resized it to fit? Or does AutoNation own the entire breast? I remember seeing that ad patches were 3x3.5 or something along those lines. 

Or get rid of one of the sleeve patches ffs. come on guys work with us here.

• Like 3

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

7 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

There's a little space between the collar laces and the logo itself. Why can't they put the ad on that space instead?

Because it wouldn't be visible enough, if it's hidden in a spot too close to the big crest. It defeats the purpose.

Sponsors would not want the Captain's C or anything else getting in the way of their ad and the space around it.