2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

On 1/28/2022 at 7:47 AM, PlayGloria said:

I almost made a similar post recently about numbers of colors and how it correlates to a clean look, but could articulate it right. You are spot on though. The Blues are a strange one because having multiple blues fits the team name while also differentiating them from the league a bit. 

Also, it was great timing as last night, my Blues were playing the Flames. If you didn't see that game, the uniform matchup was superb. Neither team should change a thing. Gorgeous. 

USATSI_17574856_168383996_lowres.jpg

Glad I was able to spit this out correctly. Always hated the 3 OR 4 color mashup.  Again, some 3 colors can go fine together but not many in my opinion. PlayGloria, whenever I see  80s flames and Blues(w/o the red), it is absolutely gorgeous to watch. Good catch.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:16 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

I think the years were in reference to a Cup or at least a Cup final appearance in most cases

Mostly agree as both teams look great but I am the only one who misses the yellow numbers?

spacer.png

This http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Images/Blues30.png  ^  than http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Images/Blues31.png

Only in the Halloween season could we be subjected to this Frankenstein’s monster of a combination.

lf1V6Pg.jpg

And the designer didn’t seem too excited either from his suite a section over from me.

dfF0gll.jpg

• Hurl 1

VmWIn6B.png

6 hours ago, LMU said:

Only in the Halloween season could we be subjected to this Frankenstein’s monster of a combination.

lf1V6Pg.jpg

And the designer didn’t seem too excited either from his suite a section over from me.

dfF0gll.jpg

Kings would look so much better if they ditched the chrome domes and white gloves.  As for the Leafs...back to the drawing board.

Also, a rare game involving both teams wearing their alternates. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Johnny Canuck looks great on the sweater. 

As an aside, are the Canucks the only professional sports team named after a Superhero?

Saying they’re named after a “superhero” is a bit of a stretch. The term “Canuck” existed well before the Johnny Canuck cartoon character.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, LMU said:

lf1V6Pg.jpg

dfF0gll.jpg

We’re the numbers on the Toronto jerseys difficult for you to read? I was in section 207 and I had a hard time reading them except of the were around the goal line heading the other way. 

12 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Johnny Canuck looks great on the sweater. 

As an aside, are the Canucks the only professional sports team named after a Superhero?

Team name has nothing to do with the comic superhero. It came from political cartoon figure Johnny Canuck and was meant to honour Canadian WW2 soldiers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

So something interesting from the Kraken. They will be introducing a thrid jersey for the 2023-24 season and there was a reason why the Metropolitians weren't used as a reverse retro.

https://twitter.com/AliMurji1/status/1586395334137483266?s=20&t=hQiyPk2-6SR62bPf_x-DKQ

Can't imagine why they'd want to wear Metropolitan sweaters. Green and red barberpole sweaters would look terrible on a modern template and would clash with the Krakens colour pallet. I think of how awful the Canadiens looked with their barberpole throwbacks. What reason is there for the Kraken to pretend they are the Metropolitans.

1 hour ago, uniformity said:

What reason is there for the Kraken to pretend they are the Metropolitans.

There's a lot of value in honoring the teams that came before you in any sport, especially when said team is as enormously important to hockey history as the Metropolitans were. It makes perfect sense for the Kraken to homage the first US team to ever win the Stanley Cup since, you know, they're effectively that team's successor.

Can't imagine why they'd want to wear Metropolitan sweaters. Green and red barberpole sweaters would look terrible on a modern template and would clash with the Krakens colour pallet. I think of how awful the Canadiens looked with their barberpole throwbacks.

The reason the Habs' jersey sucked wasn't because it was barberpole, it was because of how thin the lines were on that jersey which caused strain. The Metropolitans don't have that issue because the lines are much thicker;

spacer.png

And nobody has any qualms with the Ottawa 67's, who use a barberpole design just fine;

spacer.png

Hell, I remember many people on these very boards wanting the Senators to go back to their barberpole look full-time, as well.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mjarvie said:

We’re the numbers on the Toronto jerseys difficult for you to read? I was in section 207 and I had a hard time reading them except of the were around the goal line heading the other way. 

I was pretty close in 210 and yeah, they weren’t great for legibility.

VmWIn6B.png

2 hours ago, uniformity said:

Can't imagine why they'd want to wear Metropolitan sweaters. Green and red barberpole sweaters would look terrible on a modern template and would clash with the Krakens colour pallet. I think of how awful the Canadiens looked with their barberpole throwbacks. What reason is there for the Kraken to pretend they are the Metropolitans.

It might be a jersey based on the Metro jersey and not a direct throwback.  So, barber pole with Kraken colours and hopefully, the shoulder logo on the front.   

On 10/29/2022 at 12:54 PM, Chromatic said:

r/canucks - First look at full Reverse Retro uni?

Canucks full reverse retro uniform. I gotta say, it looks great in full gear.

I knew  the Johnny Canuck Reverse Retro was going to look awesome and so far it's exceeded  my expectations...even in spite of the TD ad and no pants striping which was indeed the case in '62. I just love the contrast between the navy blue and kelly green.  

• Like 1